Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default MASSIVE SPOILERS (POSSIBLY): "TRUTH" to be followed by "JUSTICE"

After the initial DC You status quo has run its course in "TRUTH," the next arc will begin, titled "JUSTICE"

The major turning point of "TRUTH?" Myxyzptlk is behind the whole affair; in fact, HE WAS LOIS

Where's the real Lois? How will the status quo be returned to normal?

That will be the job of "JUSTICE," to undo the damage done by Myx.

After that, YANW (Yet Another New Writer) will come on to the Superman title. JRJR will remain until or unless Jim Lee decides he wants to return to the title and redesign Superman's uniform again.

Discuss.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xon-Ur View Post
    After the initial DC You status quo has run its course in "TRUTH," the next arc will begin, titled "JUSTICE"

The major turning point of "TRUTH?" Myxyzptlk is behind the whole affair; in fact, HE WAS LOIS

Where's the real Lois? How will the status quo be returned to normal?

That will be the job of "JUSTICE," to undo the damage done by Myx.

After that, YANW (Yet Another New Writer) will come on to the Superman title. JRJR will remain until or unless Jim Lee decides he wants to return to the title and redesign Superman's uniform again.

Discuss.
    Not sure if serious or trolling....

Anyway, I doubt that Lois is being impersonated. Won't know for sure until we see her side of things.

However...it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Mxy involved in the resolution somehow.

So will there be "THE AMERICAN WAY"?

Decent idea to do a trilogy, but DC will never acknowledge the American Way again.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdoom View Post
    Decent idea to do a trilogy, but DC will never acknowledge the American Way again.
    I know, international market and all, I was half-joking.

The American way is "vague". Freedom for all sounds cooler and more true to the character
    Last edited by Francisco; 06-09-2015 at 08:26 PM.

What is vague? There has never been another country like America in the history of the world.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

"Freedom" is vague, lol

And is there any sort of source for this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Superdoom View Post
    What is vague? There has never been another country like America in the history of the world.
    The American way can be whatever you want it to be. Military might? Democracy? Racism? Segregation? Capitalism? Oligarchy? Presidentialism? Senatorialism? Imperialism?

Freedom goes right to the point. There's no ambiguity about it. Truth, justice and freedom.

Eh, loss of style points for using "massive spoilers" in the thread title, unless you actually know something as opposed to merely coming up with ideas.

BANNED

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Too late. He's been assimilated. He now stands for Truth, Justice and the Krypto-communist-leftist-feminist-sjwist-treehugginist way.

But anyway:

It wasn't always the American way.
    Originally, Superman's catchphrases called him the champion of the oppressed and said he was dedicated to truth and justice. And that was it. The phrase and the American Way wasn't added until around the time when the U.S. started entering World War II. "Truth, justice and the American way" began in radio broadcasts of the era.

The phrase later became an iconic piece of Superman's identity in the 1950s when it was spoken during the introduction of the popular TV series starring George Reeves.

CHAMPION OF THE OPPRESSED. BY SIEGEL AND SHUSTER.

http://www.newsarama.com/15417-super...dn-t-know.html
    Last edited by dumbduck; 06-09-2015 at 10:34 PM.

If you're going to say "Truth" and "Justice" but leave out "The American Way," that just seems too suspicious. I mean, yeah, it wasn't always T, J, and AW, but it was that for a long time. It's not the worst thing in the world to leave out AW, but I also think you can just change that catchphrase completely instead of conspicuously editing out a third of it. At least "Champion of the oppressed" sounds completely different, and it doesn't seem like you're trying to avoid a few words.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that there shouldn't necessarily be a push to keep the exact words "truth" and "justice" associated with Superman. If you said, "Superman fights for you, me, and everyone," that's not some sort of heresy because the words are changed. Sometimes I think someone just thought T, J, and AW just happened to sound good, and for various reasons, it stuck.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    If you're going to say "Truth" and "Justice" but leave out "The American Way," that just seems too suspicious. I mean, yeah, it wasn't always T, J, and AW, but it was that for a long time. It's not the worst thing in the world to leave out AW, but I also think you can just change that catchphrase completely instead of conspicuously editing out a third of it. At least "Champion of the oppressed" sounds completely different, and it doesn't seem like you're trying to avoid a few words.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that there shouldn't necessarily be a push to keep the exact words "truth" and "justice" associated with Superman. If you said, "Superman fights for you, me, and everyone," that's not some sort of heresy because the words are changed. Sometimes I think someone just thought T, J, and AW just happened to sound good, and for various reasons, it stuck.
    I'd just like to remind you that we international Supes fans don't want to 'steal' Superman's american roots anymore than we want to steal Goku's asian roots. Or Sherlock Holmes' british roots.

The problem is that Superman, and Superman only gets ostracized for it. Look at the DC Bombshells comics. Suddenly it's all about celebrating the war. Look at Captain America. A pretty face, successful movies and voilá. Treatises about how he's not a fascist Ubermensh:

The larger point here is that unlike other patriotic superheroes (like Superman, for example), Captain America is meant to represent the America of the Four Freedoms, the Atlantic Charter, and the Second Bill of Rights – a particular progressive ideal.[8]
    http://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/...-just-any-hero

Meanwhile Superman is the lightning-rod for 'feminists' and 'political' writers. I'm not american. I'm of mixed race. By that I mean black and white, not german and french. So, I'm sick and tired of 'feminists' who get off on seeing a big, powerful, white man get owned by.... another big, powerful, white man. Not impressed at all. Batman is a white american. Diana is a white american. Steve is a white american.

I'm so freaking tired of all this BS.

All because 30 years ago Supes own mythos was flipped around and used to destroy him. So. freaking. tired.

So, really. It's not an attack on your nationalism. It's for the character's own good.
    Last edited by dumbduck; 06-09-2015 at 10:22 PM.

I think saying "Truth and justice" is akin to what my friend calls the mysterious ellipsis.

e.g.

"And then I met her for the first time..."

"I was the first person in line..."

"He had a spotless record for 14 years..."

It just sounds to me like you're leaving something dangling, that you're implying there's a third thing to be said, but you're leaving it out for reasons undisclosed.

I see your point that somehow Superman gets singled out as being emblematic for stuff that's wrong. I think part of that is because the idea of Superman has been spread so thin, no matter what you do, someone or a lot of someones are going to get pissed off. There are just certain people or things that can just do no right. You're probably right that a lot of trouble can be avoided by just saying "Truth and justice," but when someone says it, in my head I read or hear it as "Truth and justice..." I think you'd be better off just coming up with someone that kind of points you in the right direction, but sounds completely different. Take this, for instance:

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post
    Batman is a white american. Diana is a white american. Steve is a white american..
    Well I think that Diana is Greek