Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mighty Member

Frankly, I see the Sentinels taking it, unless Thor manages to zorch a whole lot of them before they get within close range, something I am not at all certain he can do, seeing that I seem to remember him using a building to amplify somehow that one megablast that took out a couple of Chitauri space whales.

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    Frankly, I see the Sentinels taking it, unless Thor manages to zorch a whole lot of them before they get within close range, something I am not at all certain he can do, seeing that I seem to remember him using a building to amplify somehow that one megablast that took out a couple of Chitauri space whales.
    He channeled lighting through the Chrysler Building, yea. Which was a very specific thing he had to do given the circumstances. Here, there's nothing stopping him from ripping of Jotunheim blasts like it's free form Friday. Which was him channeling lightning from the sky into the Hammer, then striking the ground. The resulting explosion is going to kill a lot of them, and he can just rinse repeat.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    He channeled lighting through the Chrysler Building, yea. Which was a very specific thing he had to do given the circumstances. Here, there's nothing stopping him from ripping of Jotunheim blasts like it's free form Friday.
    Sure there is.

He is guarding squishies.

He tries to pull something in even the same zip code in terms of area of effect, they are deader than the dodo.

Sure there is.

He is guarding squishies.

He tries to pull something in even the same zip code in terms of area of effect, they are deader than the dodo.
    I don't think it would be a problem if they are standing behind him.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Lightning was all around him wasn't it? He'd still zorch them
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

I didn't see that as something he had to do (otherwise how would Thor know to use a skyscraper to amp his lightning? There are no similar skyscrapers in Asgard.) That and the majority of the lightning was being channeled through Mjolnir with a relatively small amount bleeding over to the Chrysler building.

Rather, it could have just been a way of showing the scale of his lightning to sell the ensuing destruction to the general audience, since Thor's lightning was ineffective on Iron Man earlier.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

I think thor got ontop of that build cos that was the closest point to the space rip.I doubt he chose that building for added power or something,was closest tallest building so he stood there,summoned some lightning and fired it towards the chitauri whales.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Okay seriously, the Sentinels aren't tearing Tony apart at all. The guy has feats in Movie 1 that make Colossus look like a child and he's constantly upgrading his armors. Mark 7 would tear through the Sentinels. Hulk smashes and Thor can whip up a massive storm to tear them apart.
    The human level guys, meanwhile, should just chill with Kitty and Logan.
    you dont think they can copy the powers of ironman thor or hulk?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    you dont think they can copy the powers of ironman thor or hulk?
    I don't see it.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I don't see it.
    i can see maybe thor seeing as he gets the powers from the Norse god Hammer Mjölnir but why not hulk? whos just a physical mutation? or ironman who is just a Weapon?

I JUST saw X-men days of future past, finally. btw Quicksilver was so awesome, don't see how those sentinals ever managed to kill him..

As for the thread, i dont know...those sentinals powerlevels were hard to pinpoint... yea they ripped colossus in half, but did the guy have any feats to put him above movie spider-man even?

same goes for the other x-men really. its hard to guage if Iron-man could easily one-shot these guys, or that his blasts would barely do any damage.

Movie hulk has a healing factor i think so he can just do what he does best and smash em.

i don't see thor getting killed neither.

Also guys lets give iron-man's armor some slack with those extremis guys, they were more then just guys with hot hands.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger19 View Post
    I didn't see that as something he had to do (otherwise how would Thor know to use a skyscraper to amp his lightning? There are no similar skyscrapers in Asgard.)
    Movie Asgard is literally made of metal buildings. Argument doesn't hold.

Image as a link, to avoid page format issues.

And, no, I do not think that the argument of it being a style choice to show the scope of Thor's lightning holds water, seeing that blasting the hugeass lightning strike from ground level would have worked just as well for that purpose.

Instead, Thor made a point of going for a high building (possibly a range issue) that was made of metal. Moreover, in the youtube video I've seen, it seems to me that after he fires the lightning, electricity is flowing from the building to Mjolnir, although I'll not state this as a 100% certain fact (youtube video quality being what it is).

I don't think it would be a problem if they are standing behind him.
    Note that I am talking about the Jotunheim blast (aka hit ground with charged Mjolnir, run as the ice sheet collapses for hundreds of meters), rather than directed lightning strikes.
    Last edited by Estrecca; 03-18-2015 at 02:51 AM.

Thing of it is, Thor is summoning all of the lightning. It's not something that's occurring naturally, he's literally summoning it. I figure he picked the Chrysler Building for two reasons;

1. It's a high vantage point pretty close to the breach.
    2. Thing is a fucking lightning rod. He can summon as much as he wants without fear of it pulling an AoE.

The second one is admittedly iffy, since he's capable of summoning lightning to his hammer/at things, just fine otherwise. Evidence in his fight with Iron Man, the Jotunheim blast and his killing of the Space Whale.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan