Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    From what I've seen in the movies (X3 included) it doesn't seem like she can do it for long periods of times. Just spurts here and there, for when she needs to cross through a wall or something.
    I don't know that we assume a short limit that she never shows. Maybe she'll solidify when she sleeps or something, but it never seems like it's an effort for her or anything.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Seriously, Tony Stark's suit can detect stuff a hell of a lot further out than Proudstar.
    ...Proudstar?

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    ...Proudstar?
    I believe it's Warpath's civilian name (the guy with black make-up)

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    I believe it's Warpath's civilian name (the guy with black make-up)
    Yup, James Proudstar.

Fantastic Member

Highly debatable as to whether the Sentinels could adapt at all to the Avengers' powers, given that they aren't mutants.

In which case the Avengers manage this pretty easily. Thor, Hulk, and Iron Man do most of it by themselves, though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    From what I've seen in the movies (X3 included) it doesn't seem like she can do it for long periods of times. Just spurts here and there, for when she needs to cross through a wall or something.
    To be fair she never needed to do it for long periods of time though. She somehow survived the battle at the end of X3 long enough until the Juggernaut made his move, and then she was running through multiple walls and stuff and it didn't seem like she was struggling with her power. Also technically, she did actually take Iceman underground for a bit at the end of X3 when they landed, because they pop up from under the ground. So, that is a way she could hide her and Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmacq1 View Post
    Highly debatable as to whether the Sentinels could adapt at all to the Avengers' powers, given that they aren't mutants.
    Not only that, but there is an actual alien on the team, which I'm sure the Sentinels have never shown they could copy.
    Last edited by Surtur; 05-28-2014 at 11:05 AM.

In which case the Avengers manage this pretty easily. Thor, Hulk, and Iron Man do most of it by themselves, though.
    The Sentinels adapt to powers not to mutants. Just like in the comics. The fact that the Avengers aren't mutants might keep them from being attacked but the OP overrides this.

The Avengers get smoked. A couple of thousand of Sentinels is too much to handle.
    “Let the King get back on his throne." - Jay Briscoe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Yup, James Proudstar.
    Cool: you learn something new every day.

Fantastic Member AdvanceBushido's Avatar

Idk, I think they can. Bishop us just a conduit. He doesn't posses the power he just transfers it. The Sentinels adapted to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    To be fair she never needed to do it for long periods of time though. She somehow survived the battle at the end of X3 long enough until the Juggernaut made his move, and then she was running through multiple walls and stuff and it didn't seem like she was struggling with her power. Also technically, she did actually take Iceman underground for a bit at the end of X3 when they landed, because they pop up from under the ground. So, that is a way she could hide her and Wolverine.

Not only that, but there is an actual alien on the team, which I'm sure the Sentinels have never shown they could copy.
    I believe they said that because Wolverine couldn't withstand being in past and being transported. I believe they said that she could lose his mind.
    Last edited by AdvanceBushido; 05-28-2014 at 08:38 PM.
    Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMagnetic View Post
    The Sentinels adapt to powers not to mutants. Just like in the comics. The fact that the Avengers aren't mutants might keep them from being attacked but the OP overrides this.

The Avengers get smoked. A couple of thousand of Sentinels is too much to handle.
    Yeah, but if they have only been shown to adapt specifically mutant powers, does it mean they can adapt to the powers of anything?

Fantastic Member

Your evidence for this is...what exactly? Given that the source of their adaptation is explicitly derived from mutant genetics for the purpose of battling mutants, that's a rather shaky assumption to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Yeah, but if they have only been shown to adapt specifically mutant powers, does it mean they can adapt to the powers of anything?
    Precisely. We have no evidence to show that they can adapt to non-mutant powers. Only assumptions that may or may not be correct.

Your evidence for this is...what exactly? Given that the source of their adaptation is explicitly derived from mutant genetics for the purpose of battling mutants, that's a rather shaky assumption to make.

Precisely. We have no evidence to show that they can adapt to non-mutant powers. Only assumptions that may or may not be correct.
    The source of their power comes from Mystique who is a mutant and as far as I know mutant powers work on mutants and non-mutants alike. The fact that they're programmed to hunt mutants is negated by the OP's fight scenario. Trask stated that the Sentinels are just weapons. If I have an elephant gun, that doesn't mean I can only use it to shoot elephants.

BANNED

The source of their power comes from Mystique who is a mutant and as far as I know mutant powers work on mutants and non-mutants alike. The fact that they're programmed to hunt mutants is negated by the OP's fight scenario. Trask stated that the Sentinels are just weapons. If I have an elephant gun, that doesn't mean I can only use it to shoot elephants.
    That don't mean they can adapt to things that far beyond what they have shown to adapt to.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    That don't mean they can adapt to things that far beyond what they have shown to adapt to.
    Granted that the Sentinels never faced anyone with strength equivalent to Thor and the Hulk but I don't see them having trouble with the rest of the Avengers. As for Thor and Hulk, the Sentinels have numbers on their side. I imagine 200 hundred face beams directed at them both will do some damage. If not, there are hundreds more face beams that can be used against them.

BANNED

Which technically makes no sense considering mystique does not copy powers, she copies appearances. Rogue on the other hand....whole powerset is jacking other characters.