Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Singling Out Marvel's Film Rights Head Scratchers

We put the "first appearance" rule to the test to see if it really determines which movie studios can claim film rights for Marvel characters.

Full article here.

I really hope that the new ff and x-men movies tank so marvel can regain the rights, and finally release merchandise of those franchises.

All-New Member

Could Fox have the rights also because Kang is (potentially) a descendant of the Richards family in the comics?

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Penance View Post
    I really hope that the new ff and x-men movies tank so marvel can regain the rights, and finally release merchandise of those franchises.
    Marvel can release merchandise based on those 2 properties, they choose not too because Disney wrongly thinks that having merchandise based on the comics of those 2 properties will make more people go see the movies.

The only merchandise that Marvel can't release is that based on the movies.

Extraordinary Member

Umm marvel has always kept the merch rights. They used to put everything under their own Toy Biz until they got a really good deal from Hasbro

Meaning this is possible

Unlikely the next X-Men bombs, considering how successful most of them have been. FF is still a question mark, though.

I've been enjoying the last few X-movies, so I'm fine with them staying at Fox for now, but FF I would love to see go back to Marvel.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ferro View Post
    Marvel can release merchandise based on those 2 properties, they choose not too because Disney wrongly thinks that having merchandise based on the comics of those 2 properties will make more people go see the movies.

The only merchandise that Marvel can't release is that based on the movies.
    I know all that, thas's why I want Marvel to regain the movie rights so that asshole perlmuter(or whaterver is his name) stops screwing the x-men and the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    We put the "first appearance" rule to the test to see if it really determines which movie studios can claim film rights for Marvel characters.

Full article here.
    Here's a thought. Why not do some actual journalism? Dig and dig and dig until someone flips some of the contracts. Just fueling the fan speculation isn't helping. At all.

I know all that, thas's why I want Marvel to regain the movie rights so that asshole perlmuter(or whaterver is his name) stops screwing the x-men and the fans.
    im a fan of the xmen and i for one do not feel screwd cuz the movies are super good.

The guy who runs this youtube channel has done quite an extensive research

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    im a fan of the xmen and i for one do not feel screwd cuz the movies are super good.

Well I do feel screwed I want my marvel universe with all it's characters. not only the ones marvel can use in movies.

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/conten...ur-merchandise
    Last edited by Penance; 06-03-2015 at 04:15 PM.

It was said Namor's rights are at Marvel but clearly something is up since they seem to be sitting on the character and removed all mentions of him from Avengers Alliance. Didn't someone say there were still complications or legal issues involved in potential film appearances?

As for the merchandise thing, that's really not Fox's fault that the people in charge at Marvel are now throwing a childish temper tantrum over rights they signed away.

BANNED

How does that work?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vote4wolverine View Post
    Could Fox have the rights also because Kang is (potentially) a descendant of the Richards family in the comics?
    Because he is Rama-Tut who appears in an early issue of FF as stated in the article

Amazing Member

Is it known how long Namor's rights will take to be back in Marvel's hands? I've been salivating over the thought of a Jung Jae Lee Namor movie.

Also, Monica Rambeau (it's a damn shame that none of her aliases have stuck ) may have debuted in ASM, but surely she'd be a Marvel Character.....? Right?