Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by TerryAce View Post
    One shotted an evil Firestorm,
    You have to remember that not everyone knows how impressive that feat is or not. What's Firestorms durability like?

Tanked dozens, maybe hundreds of missiles during a fight with the military.
    Most DC class 100 Bricks can do this yes. Not that special really.

Absorbed the power of a mouse that had the same powers as him.
    That..doesn't really mean much at all to me. Again; you are expecting me to know if that is a big deal or not. If I knew it was a big deal; I would not be asking how good his durability is.

Later was tanking being covered in magma when he went back in time.....and absorbing his own energy
    Most DC class 100 bricks can shrug off magma yes.

Physically touching him burned Ranita's hand
    This means nothing to me. I don't know who Ranita even is.

Absorbed the power of Chrono Mota, who controlled Space-Time, as well as various other Captain Atoms
    Doesn't say much about his combat abilities at all. Controlling space-time is nice and all, but there are varying degrees of levels to that ability and what one can do with it.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    You have to remember that not everyone knows how impressive that feat is or not. What's Firestorms durability like?

Most DC class 100 Bricks can do this yes. Not that special really.

That..doesn't really mean much at all to me. Again; you are expecting me to know if that is a big deal or not. If I knew it was a big deal; I would not be asking how good his durability is.

Most DC class 100 bricks can shrug off magma yes.

This means nothing to me. I don't know who Ranita even is.

Doesn't say much about his combat abilities at all. Controlling space-time is nice and all, but there are varying degrees of levels to that ability and what one can do with it.

The problem is, Cap's written as so powerful, only other quantum beings can hang with with him. So while he has AMAZING feats, they're very hard to quantify.

Firestorm's durability is good enough that when another Firestorm creature smashed him into the ground (note, each Firestorm, when stable, is as powerful as a nuclear reactor. And that's the human sized ones.) he was fine. That's the only non-energy blast feat I can find for him

Quote Originally Posted by TerryAce View Post
    The problem is, Cap's written as so powerful, only other quantum beings can hang with with him. So while he has AMAZING feats, they're very hard to quantify.

Firestorm's durability is good enough that when another Firestorm creature smashed him into the ground (note, each Firestorm, when stable, is as powerful as a nuclear reactor. And that's the human sized ones.) he was fine. That's the only non-energy blast feat I can find for him
    Thats....not that impressive. That is more or less something that a class 100 brick could easily shrug off really.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Right now Atom is largely a guy who if he can outdraw you, he will ruin you with esoteric cosmic nonsense (seriously, he took control of the speed force, then paralyzed Barry, with the speed force. That's hilarious)

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Right now Atom is largely a guy who if he can outdraw you, he will ruin you with esoteric cosmic nonsense (seriously, he took control of the speed force, then paralyzed Barry, with the speed force. That's hilarious)
    He is basically a "diet Silver Surfer" then yes? The same way that Gladiator is considered a "diet PC Superman"?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

imO he is much more like Dr Manhattan (which is kinda ironic, since Doc Manhattan was originally based of Cap Atom).

Or, as I like to put it, he is what Marvel tried with the Sentry, but awesome instead of annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    He is basically a "diet Silver Surfer" then yes? The same way that Gladiator is considered a "diet PC Superman"?
    I wouldn't actually see the Surfer taking control of the speed force and paralyzing the person using it with it. In terms of esoteric nonsense I'd see him past the Surfer to some measure.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    so he pulled a juggernaut bitch and hit barry with his own pimp.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    so he pulled a juggernaut bitch and hit barry with his own pimp.
    considering how the speed force works, he might have beat the shit outta Barry WITH Barry as a matter of fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Also, the point with NuAtom is that he isn't really 'fast' in the classic sense, it's more like he.....treat's speed like something beneath him.
    Excellent point. I've never thought of it in those terms, as I've always chalked up Nu Atom's time feats resulting from speed.

But yeah. Agreed.

EDIT: on the other hand, his feat from Captain Atom 3, where he casually walks with Barry plucking bullets from the air as they appear frozen appears to be the result of speed. Evidently, that feat was performed in a nano second.

Not that I'd recognize a "nano second" clock when I saw it.

Last edited by AlphaMale; 06-11-2015 at 06:36 PM.
    ----------------------------------
    "...the guy who went to 'Nam and never came back..."