Default What Pisses me off about Marvel and the MCU?

I'm MAD because Magneto won't have an extended family with the Inhumans. I always find it adorable when Luna goes to Erik or Lorna. Now that Wanda and Pietro are not related to him because of the movies, it makes me even more mad. The extended family made Magnus feel apart of something bigger than the Mutant cause. I said this before, the MCU is a double edged sword. This half ass synergy is gonna come and bite them in the butt. They will tear comic book relationships apart, just so they won't promote their competitors stuff. Granted, you can take away the merchandising and not allow anymore X-men and F4 products, but when you mess with the source material, THAT is going to far!!
    Last edited by Wandacrystal22; 06-04-2015 at 03:30 PM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wandacrystal22 View Post
    I'm MAD because Magneto won't have an extended family with the Inhumans. I always find it adorable when Luna goes to Erik or Lorna. Now that Wanda and Pietro are related to him because of the movies, it makes me even more mad. The extended family made Magnus feel apart of something bigger than the Mutant cause. I said this before, the MCU is a double edged sword. This half ass synergy is gonna come and bite them in the butt. They will tear comic book relationships apart, just so won't promote their competitors stuff. Granted, you can take away the merchandising and not allow anymore X-men and F4 products, but when you mess with the source material, THAT is going to far!!
    You mean arent related because of the movies right? But yeah, the whole Wanda and Pietro thing seemed petty.

BANNED

Agreed. This was the worst retcon sense One More Day. I mean at least with OMD theres the excuse that an actual demon changed history, the Magnus family retcon is illogical and a complete slap in the face to the fans. It means all those great stories about their family drama was one big misunderstanding. It was done solely as a jab to Fox's X-verse and to tie into the MCU.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    Agreed. This was the worst retcon sense One More Day. I mean at least with OMD theres the excuse that an actual demon changed history, the Magnus family retcon is illogical and a complete slap in the face to the fans. It means all those great stories about their family drama was one big misunderstanding. It was done solely as a jab to Fox's X-verse and to tie into the MCU.
    To be fair though this isn't the first time Wanda and Pietro's parentage have been retconned. the Mags thing was in itself a retcon when originally they were the children of Golden Age heroes Whizzer and Miss America but I suppose the Magneto retcon but apparently but that's okay because nobody cares about the Whizzer including Marvel. Really a revolving door of parents one could argue is actually pretty much consistent with the twins over the last 40 years. Is it stupid and petty? Yes, but it's still relatively consistent.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by petrefax View Post
    To be fair though this isn't the first time Wanda and Pietro's parentage have been retconned. the Mags thing was in itself a retcon when originally they were the children of Golden Age heroes Whizzer and Miss America but I suppose the Magneto retcon but apparently but that's okay because nobody cares about the Whizzer including Marvel. Really a revolving door of parents one could argue is actually pretty much consistent with the twins over the last 40 years. Is it stupid and petty? Yes, but it's still relatively consistent.
    Perhaps, but I can't remember or think of very many major story-lines involving the twins and their familial connections to the Whizzer and Miss America as what was done with Magneto and the twins especially this last decades some of the character's more story altering arcs occurred because of their relationship to Erik!

Niffleheim

The MCU has nothing whatsoever to do with the X-Men. I see nothing wrong with retconning a retcon.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Wandacrystal22 View Post
    I'm MAD because Magneto won't have an extended family with the Inhumans. I always find it adorable when Luna goes to Erik or Lorna. Now that Wanda and Pietro are related to him because of the movies, it makes me even more mad. The extended family made Magnus feel apart of something bigger than the Mutant cause. I said this before, the MCU is a double edged sword. This half ass synergy is gonna come and bite them in the butt. They will tear comic book relationships apart, just so won't promote their competitors stuff. Granted, you can take away the merchandising and not allow anymore X-men and F4 products, but when you mess with the source material, THAT is going to far!!
    And Pietro look like a younger version of Magnus!!!

So... now they want he be not his son???

And what about House of M???

Will they not be his children in that comic?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    The MCU has nothing whatsoever to do with the X-Men. I see nothing wrong with retconning a retcon.
    It was done just to tie into the MCU sense the twins can't be Magneto's kids in the MCU. Also, the retcon is bad because it all those great stories dealing with their family was one big misunderstanding.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    maybe marvel should recton how luke and leia were not kids of vader and padme. since from the orignal concept lucas did not have that in mind.

rectoning a recton is sort of lame if what was recton rocked and was very well done in the first place and became beloved to the fans for 40 years.

in every other alternate reality they were magneto's kids from orignal concept because when it was recton in 616 it was so beloved that marvel just used mags as thier dad in other major alternate realites like AOA, DOFP and ultimate Xmen and all 3 major xmen animated universe. xmen 92, xmen evolution and wolverine and the xmen.

so yes there is BIG PROBLEM with rectong a recton. its gets lamer to see mcu fans try and fail and defend's marvel's crap. when you retcon a retconing for pettiness like what marvel did. the retcon HAS NO CREDIBLITY because it was done in bad faith.
    Last edited by dales; 06-04-2015 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dales View Post
    maybe marvel should recton how luke and leia were not kids of vader and padme. since from the orignal concept lucas did not have that in mind.
    That would be fun. Internet woud BURN!

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Maybe they'll still think of him as grandpa, like on Maury when the boyfriend stays.