Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    On the other hand, Kyle dated Sinestro's daughter.
    Yeah, Sinestro doesn't care about Kyle in the slightest and he also doesn't hate oppression (remember how he took over Korugar and oppressed the hell out of it?). I wouldn't expect to see the Sinestro Corps show up.

Personally I'm hoping we don't really see any other lanterns at all.

Those that don't know check out the old Omega Men ,the first 5 issues are incredible.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/...ew-dc-universe

Ign interview if anyone's curious. It comes with a pic thats a wanted poster which is the more interesting find.

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/...1-664x1024.gif

'Doc'
    Crimes: Genocide

Well, it's always the harmless looking ones that are the worst

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    Yeah, Sinestro doesn't care about Kyle in the slightest and he also doesn't hate oppression (remember how he took over Korugar and oppressed the hell out of it?). I wouldn't expect to see the Sinestro Corps show up.

Personally I'm hoping we don't really see any other lanterns at all.
    Yeah, I hope the Lanterns remain an external threat - feared by the Citadel, but not actually seen too much. Give Kyle some space to shine as the sole representative of That Sort Of Thing.

And you know, leaving aside how much I enjoyed this first issue on it's own merits, it occurs to me that with this series and Justin Jordan's run on "New Guardians" - Kyle's had a great run of "cosmic" stories over the past little while!

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

'Doc'
    Crimes: Genocide

Well, it's always the harmless looking ones that are the worst
    Got to look out for those "harmless" types. They're always causing the worst trouble

Anyway interesting interview.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 06-05-2015 at 07:42 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    All the new #1s have been guaranteed twelve issues, I think he's just being pragmatic. The Omega Men are a bunch of z-listers so he's probably hoping that sales will let him continue past twelve but not expecting them to. I'd rather have twelve issues that were planned as a complete story than twelve that have a rushed cliffhanger ending, I think that's basically what he's doing.
    I agree 100%. A complete storyline over a planned period of time is better than the rushed end to cancelled titles that I'm sure fans have seen before. You make a good point on the how valid the omega men have been in the a Dc universe. But I'm very confident King can turn their z-list status into at least a solid "J" or so. His popularity from Grayson, and DC giving King room to get creative bode really well for The Omega Men

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Primus has telekinesis similar to Invisible Woman of Fantastic Four.
    I'm actually quite sure King has de-powered the Omega Men to an extent in this new series. Don't quote me but I'm positive I read it in an interview that their battle against the Citadel, is with knives and guns, no powers, or very little powers. It may even be in one of the interviews linked in this thread.

EDIT: it's mentioned in the Tom King interview by Blastr

Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt396 View Post
    Those that don't know check out the old Omega Men ,the first 5 issues are incredible.
    I'm actually in the process of checking it out, just to get a feel of the classic characters. I had a little exposure to O.M. through the NTT run, and that was just recently. I'm going to read issue 2 tonight. Issue 1 was real good.
    Last edited by Agent 37; 06-05-2015 at 08:58 PM.

I imagine that if it can get good reviews, and stay steady at around 25-30K sales-wise, DC might keep it around for an extra year or so. I highly doubt that DC is expecting big numbers, but if it gets good word of mouth and has a decent cult following, the folks upstairs might be happy. Otherwise, at least we're getting two trades worth of content.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I imagine that if it can get good reviews, and stay steady at around 25-30K sales-wise, DC might keep it around for an extra year or so. I highly doubt that DC is expecting big numbers, but if it gets good word of mouth and has a decent cult following, the folks upstairs might be happy. Otherwise, at least we're getting two trades worth of content.
    I'm just happy it will be getting 12 issues and a complete story out of this though I am hoping for more than that.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I'm just happy it will be getting 12 issues and a complete story out of this though I am hoping for more than that.
    I'll be happy when I get issue 2

Hopefully the series delivers, and people take notice.

You know, I'm surprised that there isn't a Kyle Rayner Appreciation Thread.

I have some fond memories of the O-Men from "Green Lantern" but I wasn't interested in this title until I read King's interview. I am enthused by his intentions. I wouldn't necessarily hold my breath about a guaranteed 12 issues though. (it just brings "Zodiac" to mind, which wasn't allowed its 12 issues - one per zodiac sign)

Two thoughts about Kyle Rayner:
    -- If he's not dead, Carol as Star Sapphire should be able to locate him with her ring and their "love connection."
    -- Is anyone else thinking Kyle is going to be the O-Men's "Brody?" ("Homeland")

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I have some fond memories of the O-Men from "Green Lantern" but I wasn't interested in this title until I read King's interview. I am enthused by his intentions. I wouldn't necessarily hold my breath about a guaranteed 12 issues though. (it just brings "Zodiac" to mind, which wasn't allowed its 12 issues - one per zodiac sign)

Two thoughts about Kyle Rayner:
    -- If he's not dead, Carol as Star Sapphire should be able to locate him with her ring and their "love connection."
    -- Is anyone else thinking Kyle is going to be the O-Men's "Brody?" ("Homeland")

It's sweet to hear from an experienced Omega Men fan. It'll be cool to hear your opinions as the series goes on.

I've never seen the show. Would you mind elaborating?
    Last edited by Agent 37; 06-06-2015 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 37 View Post
    I agree 100%. A complete storyline over a planned period of time is better than the rushed end to cancelled titles that I'm sure fans have seen before. You make a good point on the how valid the omega men have been in the a Dc universe. But I'm very confident King can turn their z-list status into at least a solid "J" or so. His popularity from Grayson, and DC giving King room to get creative bode really well for The Omega Men

I'm actually quite sure King has de-powered the Omega Men to an extent in this new series. Don't quote me but I'm positive I read it in an interview that their battle against the Citadel, is with knives and guns, no powers, or very little powers. It may even be in one of the interviews linked in this thread.

EDIT: it's mentioned in the Tom King interview by Blastr

I'm actually in the process of checking it out, just to get a feel of the classic characters. I had a little exposure to O.M. through the NTT run, and that was just recently. I'm going to read issue 2 tonight. Issue 1 was real good.
    It gets better issue 4 is a classic , Omega Men was one of the first comics books that made me think a little about the nature of violence.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt396 View Post
    It gets better issue 4 is a classic , Omega Men was one of the first comics books that made me think a little about the nature of violence.
    Right on. Thanks for the recommendations! I am actually disappointed that there are only the first four issues on comixology for download. Even the first appearance in GL isn't available.

It's awesome to have some insight from fans with history of the Omega Men. It'll be cool to hear you guys' take on the new series.