Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Xoxx View Post
    Native American with bow and arrow? I'm shocked that nobody thought of that combo before.
    Dani Moonstar relied her bow and arrow after M-Day.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

I'll reserve judgement until I see what new titles they have coming out and continue to enjoy Secret Wars in the meantime, but I have a feeling I will be getting less Marvel and more Image/Valiant/DC.

Fantastic Member

Maybe the Hulk will be Tyrone Cash from Mark Millar's Ultimate Avengers run

I'm happy to see it looking extremely likely Peter as Spidey, and Steve, will be surviving Secret War. I like Miles, but I would be pretty upset to have him be the full-time Spider-Man of 616 with Peter retiring. Be interesting to see what kind of stories and niches both Spider-Men will fill in the new 616-verse.

I can live with this Iron Man Armor over Marvel Now! and the Superior look, but the mask will take some getting used to...

Old!Steve taking up Fury's role in the new 616 would be cool, and gives Sam more time to shine as Captain America. I can definitely live with Steve in that role for at least a little while until he eventually becomes Cap again. Hopefully with Hickman gone he can start acting more like Steve again.

Though while we have Jane!Thor in there, where's Thor Odinson? I doubt he'll stay dead, since we still need to find out what made him unworthy and he's as central to the story of Thor as his female counterpart is.

I'd probably drop Hulk if it's full-time Maestro and not Doc Green, though I recall Duggan in an interview remarking that he would be continuing his story post-Secret War, but Alonso's comment make it sounds like the new Hulk is in a similar vein to the female Thor...

"Wolverine will return." Does that mean the title or the character? Because one would more imply Laura then it would Old Man Logan.

But hey, no X-Men or FF on that poster? Can't say I'm surprised, but still pretty jarring .

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    Ah true, I forgot the comments alluding to those two sticking around post Secret Wars. From the way Alonso talks about the new Hulk though, I don't think he's talking about Maestro. Shifting primary focus to a villain from PAD's decades old run seems counter to the accessibility they're going for, even if they're doing a Future Imperfect miniseries for Secret Wars. Maestro ain't exactly Doc Ock as Spidey, where the hook is readily apparent to those casually familiar with Hulk. It could be something along the lines of She-Hulk as Hulk, as SkyMason suggests..

but I'm gonna say Hulk is a totally new character. A gay character. Think of the potential if done well: someone who in real life would be discouraged from being who they are in many parts of the world, who may have been bullied, and may have internalized repression at a young age.. getting to Hulk out! Hulk has always been one of the most powerful means in popular fiction to tell stories of repression and self actualization. The character was championed by progressive college students in the 60's even as he could barely support an ongoing series. Now that Hulk is a box office draw with broad appeal, there's no reason he can't also hold up as a pop art illustration of social and civil rights issues. And there's no reason Marvel should have such a wealth of prominent characters that work so beautifully as metaphors for these issues without some of them actually being gay. Northstar and Daken just don't have the same ring as gay Hulk.

If this actually is anything like what they're planning, man oh man will there be complaining about pandering or social justice warriors ruining everything or whatever, but luckily if it works on all the levels it would need to then it I don't think it'd need the complainers to buy it.
    If it isn't just Maestro, I'm actually thinking trans Hulk with how they've been building up Kid Abomination in Superior Iron Man, who the last issue made clear isn't certain about their identity (haven't picked up the last issue yet).

X-Men and Fantastic Four not showing up here isn't surprising, as both groups are clearly going through some major post-Secret Wars shifts.
    Buh-bye

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Yeah at first I could have sworn they intended that Native American character to be an Avenger. Thank the gods they're not doing that. Oy.