Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default So confused on timing of Darkseid War, Batman #40 and DC You

Can someone help me out? How is in the Darkseid War Superman has his powers and suit, Batman is alive and Hal Jordan is a normal Green Lantern? When does the Darkseid War take place in the context of DCYou and the end of Endgame?

Fantastic Member

Darkseid war happen before the changes

Quote Originally Posted by blaster86 View Post
    Darkseid war happen before the changes
    Okay. But how is Batman there with the ending to Endgame?

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of San Jose View Post
    It also happens before Endgame I believe.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of San Jose View Post
    Endgame also happens after Darkseid War
    It also happens before Hal Jordan becomes renegade too.
    and before whatever makes Wonder Woman change her costume and Aquaman gets exiled from Atlantis

I know is a little bit confusing right now but is mainly because DC is not giving that much importance to continuity
    not that the stories will not tie or matter, it is just that they really dont care about the timing until after the fact

for example, DC just released the second chp of of Superman´s ¨Truth¨ storyline before the first chp came out, which is kind of stupid if you ask me but at the end of the day it is only going to matter for a while and if there are some inconsistencies here and there probably will be patch later.
    which has its share of problems but if that means that they are going to be more open to the creativity and originality of the writers then Im all for it.

Also, kind of makes me exited of whatever happens after Darkseid War is done because of what will happen with the JL rooster afterwards
    Last edited by Arnoldoaad; 06-04-2015 at 06:09 PM.

BANNED

All you need to know is all these books are not taking place at the same time. DC isn't worried about day-to-day continuity, all they care about making good stories and making them canon.

Incredible Member

Stories happen at different times. Comics have always been this way.

There's been many a time where Batman was in a Justice League story that spanned multiple issues, sometimes in space... and no one stopped to ask how he could be on another planet for two or three months but still rounding up villains from Arkham in his regular books.

Or how a character like Batman can have multiple titles and one of them has a cliffhanger. Do they just delay the other titles until after the next part is published?

Meanwhile, I can see how the drastic differences could be confusing.

I really wish they had done this during Morrison's JLA so it could have been spared from the electric Superman phase.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 06-04-2015 at 01:13 AM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldoaad View Post
    for example, DC just released the second chp of of Superman´s ¨Truth¨ storyline before the first chp came out....
    Thank you for telling me that. I was very confused and about to go back to my comic book store and hunt for the issue I missed.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

BANNED

FWIW, I wouldn't necessarily say it always pans out after a while. I remember an X-Men annual where we saw Longshot join. Nightcrawler was in the annual, but in the regular series he had quit before Longshot showed up. Or something like that. In other words, when they really don't care, or make a mistake, it's possible that you can have a configuration that doesn't ever make sense given how other things are shown elsewhere.

At the very least, I suspect, for example, that we'll need to throw in something like "Hal must have come to Earth for a little while before deciding to give up his ring as seen in the "outlaw" run" to explain some things. Or something like that.

Maybe just pretend each title has its own universe.

This won't really make sense in the long run until Justice League reaches the status quo of the rest of the DCU
    I'm not sure it will make sense but right now we just assume Justice League is happening in a bubble before all these other changes occur.

Mighty Member

For me, it's whenever. I read it as it's own story. Same thing when reading Batman, Wonder Woman and the others. It's in it's own bubble, one of many

As others have said, I treat it in it's own little bubble of continuity. It's telling a completely different story and flows from issue to issue, so there's no time in between to stitch it together with other books that have no impact on the story it's telling.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    For me, it's whenever. I read it as it's own story. Same thing when reading Batman, Wonder Woman and the others. It's in it's own bubble, one of many
    Yeah, that's pretty much how I read comics as well though there have been rare instances where something being out of wack continuity-wise bugs me enough that I might comment on it. By and large though I treat each individual comic as it's own story and so long as the continuity within that comic makes sense I'm happy. I really don't care how anything fits into the overall universe all that much.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG