Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

A great mystery in Marvel is any of the Hell Lords the Devil or is Mephisto, Lucifer, and all of them lying.
    If they are then the great unknown of is there a Satan in the Marvel universe, or is there no one supreme lord of evil.

Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze)
    For a aesthetic design or the physical look he is topnotch whether and one of the coolest most badass looking whether we're talking super heroes or characters in general.
    Even though Johnny made a mistake he's still able to use it for something good.
    Also even though he's a demon he's still a super hero. It's something different from the predictable cliche of demons are malevolent
    Dreadful individuals.
    He may be one of the greatest characters because he became a archetype and inspired others that a demon doesn't always have to be a villain. Not sure if Hellboy, ethrigan, and others would exist if it wasn't for Ghost Rider.
    The i transformation along with changing of the motorcycle and his clothes.
    He doesn't have the typical demon look most are familiar with including the red skin but he still looks freakin badass along with the Hellcycle.

Extraordinary Member

Finding goodies in the dollar bin.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Over-the-top fun stuff:

Blade fighting fire-breathing were-roosters,
    Stalin's super apes wielding gating guns while being appropriately communist,
    Slaine walking in on a giant's bathroom break

and the real reason why Aarkus wanted the God's Whisper...

I hope these kinds of LOL moments continue to be created.

>>>

And such beautiful art...
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Over-the-top fun stuff:

>>>

Oh hell yes! Like Captain America fighting cyborg nazis.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

That there will always be fakeout deaths, secrets revealed, will they/won't they romances, misleading cover blurbs, crazy returns, bait and switch storylines, last minute saves, and visitors from the past. And that there will always be some readers who get caught up in them and really feel it.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Oh hell yes! Like Captain America fighting cyborg nazis.
    Indeed! Anyone that can inject a little fun into usually heavy stories is a comic I can get behind. I'm so glad some writers are just getting their weird and wonky on lately.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

BANNED

Indeed! Anyone that can inject a little fun into usually heavy stories is a comic I can get behind. I'm so glad some writers are just getting their weird and wonky on lately.
    One of the reasons why I like writers like Warren Ellis. When he goes out there he can go out there. Nextwave is the prime example.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I like fictional cities. Especially when a writer bothers to give said city it's own rich and colorful background.
    I love Astro City for that (and other things, but this is one of them). Districts like Shadow Hill have a history. The city used to have a previous name. There's an established skyline. There's class divides and people looking down on 'bad' neighbourhoods. All the low-level villains live in the same neighbourhood and know each other. It's great stuff.

Over-the-top fun stuff:

>>>

Epicness of Ghost Rider Heaven on Fire.

Zadkiel freakin took over Heaven he actually accomplished his major goal not many super villains can say that suck on that doctor doom.
    Even with the power of god Zadkiel he can't erase the two ghost riders blaze and ketch proving incredible durability of the ghost riders.
    Finding out the nature of the Ghost Rider in the same series.

When fighting a lucifer avatar ghost rider lost I think his legs I think but not a problem as they regrew not instantly but still happened in a short time proving how damn durable and regenerative ghost rider is.
    He's like an army tank with the regenerative factor of a lizard.

Something to look forward to in the next issue with continuity.
    Also obvious evidence of continuity.
    For example ghost rider having to hunt 666 avatars of lucifer each getting stronger than the last. This was referenced in the issue after ghost rider defeated doctor strange. as a consequence of ghost rider escaped hell with lucifer also escaping, and why he disintegrated into 666 pieces.

Peter Parker continues to torture himself how he thinks he could have saved Gwen in other issues after death of Gwen Stacy.
    We've all had these moments and great to see super heroes are imperfect and fail as it makes them relatable. Also as Sam Winchester said it best sometimes bad things happen and there is nothing you can to stop it I'm paraphrasing.
    With Parker letting go of this it can help people let go of any similar real life events.

This was made to be the opposite of uncle Ben didn't fail to act but still a horrid result. Topnotch example I believe does show you can make the right choice and still have a bad or negative result as there are things outside of our control that can still result in the bad or negative result.
    Shows that with super heroes they can make a difference but even they can't always succeed in a imperfect world. If they did how dull, predictable and boring comic books would be.

BANNED

Something a little simple. A hero overcoming an obstacle no matter how harsh it is. If done right it can be inspiring.

I caught up with Ms Marvel #5 and Kamala loses badly - so she comes back later for another go and owns it. Now that's what I love to see in superhero comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Charles RB View Post
    I caught up with Ms Marvel #5 and Kamala loses badly - so she comes back later for another go and owns it. Now that's what I love to see in superhero comics.
    This is exactly what I was talking about

What I like about comic:
    • Pretty art
    • Humor
    • Lovable character

I like dark and gritty themes, but not too much. I prefer cute and light-hearted series, that's why I like Ms Marvel series. Superhero without angst or dead parents is pretty rare.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kencana View Post
    I like dark and gritty themes, but not too much. I prefer cute and light-hearted series, that's why I like Ms Marvel series. Superhero without angst or dead parents is pretty rare.
    Oh yes. Given whats going down in Marvel as of late the Ms Marvel series is not only refreshing but a breath of fresh air