Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DC Comics: I May Be Your Newest Fan...

Based on just about everything I'm seeing and hearing about this "All-New Marvel" I may be leaving for good. Everything hinges on what happens with the X-Men. If it's bollocks I'll be All-DC from now on...

awesome. welcome. however it kind of sucks here too with the new 52 reboot and all. i could recommend some good stuff before that though. I'm actually behind myself.

Quote Originally Posted by call.me.kato View Post
    awesome. welcome. however it kind of sucks here too with the new 52 reboot and all. i could recommend some good stuff before that though. I'm actually behind myself.
    The New 52 thing kinda benefits a DC noob like myself, though. I know alot of the characters, who they are and all, but I'm not familiar with their stories and such. Also, I'll take any recommendations you give...

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    The New 52 thing kinda benefits a DC noob like myself, though. I know alot of the characters, who they are and all, but I'm not familiar with their stories and such. Also, I'll take any recommendations you give...
    Geoff Johns, Grant Morrison and Gail Simone
    Gail Simone has one of the greatest DC runs ever on SECRET SIX which i heard just came back with a new number 1. try and see if you can get back issues or back trades of that. really amazing stuff there. grant morrison at one point had bruce wayne jacked up on a heroine like substance during batman RIP so he's doing crazy things there. Geoff Johns is super reliable and kinda cutout though but he is dependable on getting quality stuff out there. his green lantern run will always be epic and legendary. try and get into that starting with REBIRTH when Hal Jordan returns. for the most part Green lantern and Batman storylines were unchanged by the reboot so you can still go back and read them without having to feel like all the history is erased. from what i hear aquaman is finally good now that Geoff Johns did his relaunch and the work he did on the flash was also really good from what i understand.

My favorite series from DC which got me back to reading comics was a series called 52 back in the mid 2000. that was surprisingly amazing.

If you read digitally, this may be of interest to you... and your timing would be perfect...
    http://community.comicbookresources....-on-Comixology
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

The new Marvel stuff doesn't look THAT bad, or really even that different from what came immediately before. The most familiar (e.g. Silver/Bronze Age) forms of the Marvel heroes (and just to keep it relevant for this forum, DC) began to give way to updated forms more than ten years ago. I always cite JLA/AVENGERS from 2003 as the last hurrah of the DC and Marvel superheroes in more-or-less their "classic" configurations.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Yeah, I think I'm done with Marvel. The new teaser is worse than the first one, and I didn't think that was possible...

Fantastic Member

I think Action Comics # 41 (came out this week ) is perfect for a guy trying out DC.

All-New Member

I am in the same boat, I have jumped ship to DC and JL #41 blew me away. Definitely wouldn't mind other stories on par with it if anyone has recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by straitos View Post
    I am in the same boat, I have jumped ship to DC and JL #41 blew me away. Definitely wouldn't mind other stories on par with it if anyone has recommendations.
    Omega Men #1 and Action Comics #41 were excellent. Grayson, Batman, Justice League 3000, and Catwoman have been stellar ongoings.

BANNED

Have you read the Amazo arc of justice league? If you are interested then pick up justice league #35-39.

Is that new Justice League book that's launching a continuation of the current JL book? I admit knowing absolutely NOTHING about what's happening in DC. I wish I had got on-board when the New 52 started instead of Marvel Now...

Bl00dwerK-I'm not ashamed to say that I might be dropping ALOT of current Marvel stuff because of their semi reboot. I'm getting SICK of their renumbering and now they are gonna do this each season? I'm gonna stick to old Marvel trades. The old universe I knew. DC'd stuff is getting me really pumped. Justice League #41 and Action Comics was AWESOME. It had me hooked! And yes I maybe drooping Marvel because there treatment of the X-Men in favor of the Inhumans. I still love Marvel, but their new universe they are making is not getting me excite except for Panther, Dr. Strange, Ms Marvel, Daredevil and THATS it. Enjoy DC. I recommend you read Sinestro Corps War.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Is that new Justice League book that's launching a continuation of the current JL book? I admit knowing absolutely NOTHING about what's happening in DC. I wish I had got on-board when the New 52 started instead of Marvel Now...
    There will actually be two Justice League books. One is Justice League, which issue #41 just came out. Then a second book is starting soon (not sure exactly when) call Justice League of America. JLA is just different stories with the Justice League that aren't covered by the original title.

As for recommendations, You can jump into Justice League at 41 and Action Comics at 41, both of which were really well done. I also had a lot of fun with Bizzaro, if you want some light, goofy fun with no ties to continuity at all. Grayson is pretty amazing too and it's still pretty new, so easy to catch up on. If this stuff works for you, we an always recommend earlier arcs that were good (like The Amazo Virus in Justice League or Pak's run on Action Comics).

Quote Originally Posted by Wandacrystal22 View Post
    Bl00dwerK-I'm not ashamed to say that I might be dropping ALOT of current Marvel stuff because of their semi reboot. I'm gonna stick to old Marvel trades. The old universe I knew.
    I think Marvel had a great chance, with Secret Wars, to do something really fantastic. Instead they're choosing to push the InHumans, keep more crappy Spider-Verse characters, and gender-bend Wolverine...