Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by manduck37 View Post
    There will actually be two Justice League books. One is Justice League, which issue #41 just came out. Then a second book is starting soon (not sure exactly when) call Justice League of America.
    I see. While I'm not a huge fan of Marvel's constant re-numbering, I also hate trying to join titles already in progress. I'm getting the JLA book, for sure, but some of those New 52 back issues are just too expensive...

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold View Post
    Have you read the Amazo arc of justice league? If you are interested then pick up justice league #35-39.
    Not yet. I have only read up to the Throne of Atlantis arc. I'll pick up the rest of the trades. Is the Amazo arc available in a trade or do I have to get the individual issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    I see. While I'm not a huge fan of Marvel's constant re-numbering, I also hate trying to join titles already in progress. I'm getting the JLA book, for sure, but some of those New 52 back issues are just too expensive...
    What I tend to do, to save a little money, is track down the trades on amazon or wait for a digital sale. If you like digital comics, they occasionally have .99 cent sales or sales on trades. I picked up the first volume of Fables for $4.99 in one of those sales. There are some new #1's this month from DC, so perhaps something will work for you. Also, welcome to some new comics!

What I tend to do, to save a little money, is track down the trades on amazon or wait for a digital sale. If you like digital comics, they occasionally have .99 cent sales or sales on trades. I picked up the first volume of Fables for $4.99 in one of those sales. There are some new #1's this month from DC, so perhaps something will work for you. Also, welcome to some new comics!
    Thanks! Unfortunately, I'm one of the old-schoolers who likes his comics in print (lol). I do read digital when I have to, but it's just not the same. For whatever reason, nostalgia or habit, I like long boxes full of my favorite titles!

Thanks! Unfortunately, I'm one of the old-schoolers who likes his comics in print (lol). I do read digital when I have to, but it's just not the same. For whatever reason, nostalgia or habit, I like long boxes full of my favorite titles!
    I get you. I definitely prefer my comics the old fashioned way too. I tend to dabble in digital to see if I like something then save up to get the print version. Just something about actually having in my hands what I paid for. Plus I love turning the pages of a good comic. Granted, my ever dwindling amount of storage space in my basement doesn't care for it, but I have that basement for a reason! Comics! Definitely let us know what you try out though and what you like.

I get you. I definitely prefer my comics the old fashioned way too. I tend to dabble in digital to see if I like something then save up to get the print version. Just something about actually having in my hands what I paid for. Plus I love turning the pages of a good comic. Granted, my ever dwindling amount of storage space in my basement doesn't care for it, but I have that basement for a reason! Comics! Definitely let us know what you try out though and what you like.
    Sure will. I have this thread bookmarked, or whatever, and plan to keep it updated with the titles I'm reading...

Another question for you guys: Is Cassandra Cain appearing in any ongoing titles? Is she set to be?

BANNED

Another question for you guys: Is Cassandra Cain appearing in any ongoing titles? Is she set to be?
    Per Wikipedia:

"Cassandra Cain appears in Batgirl: Futures End, set in The New 52: Futures End continuity, a possible timeline five years from the present. Cassandra is a member of Barbara Gordon's League of Batgirls, operating on the field under her leadership alongside fellow Batgirls Stephanie Brown and Tiffany Fox.

She has yet to appear in the main timeline.

Author Scott Snyder has said that he has very immediate plans for Cassandra."

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Per Wikipedia:

"Cassandra Cain appears in Batgirl: Futures End, set in The New 52: Futures End continuity, a possible timeline five years from the present. Cassandra is a member of Barbara Gordon's League of Batgirls, operating on the field under her leadership alongside fellow Batgirls Stephanie Brown and Tiffany Fox.

She has yet to appear in the main timeline.

Author Scott Snyder has said that he has very immediate plans for Cassandra."
    Thanks. Saved me the trouble of looking for it. Maybe she'll get an ongoing, at some point...

Best guess is Batman Eternal Year Two. Possibly coming in October.

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Best guess is Batman Eternal Year Two. Possibly coming in October.
    Awesome. Isn't that the book Stephanie Brown was in?

BANNED

Aside from her probably non-canonical appearance in Batgirl: Future's End, her pre-New52 self (in her Black Bat identity) very recently co-starred next to Tim Drake in the very enjoyable Convergence: Batgirl two-issue mini-series. The one who wears the Batgirl cowl is Stephanie Brown and Alisa Kwitney, the writer, IMO did a very good job portraying their friendship, especially in the part where they're established as having been roommates for the previous year.

Get Throne of Atlantis. GENIUS BOOK.