Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Marvel's "All-New, All-Different”¯ Universe: What We Know So Far

Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso runs through what's in store for Marvel once "Secret Wars" wraps up this fall.

Full article here.

Amazing Member

New Wolverine will be Old Man Logan, new Hulk will be The Masetro. Old Man Logan because he's already traveling around Battleworld, Maestro because Alonso said the All-New Hulk will be of interest to Bruce Banner fans, and why would that be the case if the new Hulk wasn't some version of Banner?

BANNED

If for no other reason than switching to a season model, rather than arbitrary new #1s whenever they see sales dip, I'm excited for the new era. I'm hoping they go yearly, 12-issue "seasons". It'll make it a lot easier on new fans and people like myself who have thousands upon thousands of comics to file (gets hard to figure out which volume is which when there are 7 #1s without a "Season 10" label handy). Anyone know who that archer guy is?

Spectacular Member

"The Marvel Universe will be shifting towards a season model reminiscent of TV: "I think that the comics industry -- certainly, we are -- slowly working into a season model that’s not too unlike what we see in our favorite cable TV shows: a seasonal model that offers accessible entry points for new readers and is respectful of long-term fans," explained Alonso. "We did Marvel NOW! and All-New Marvel NOW!, which were both two very successful campaigns. And this is the latest campaign."

Can you say new Volumes every year with new Numbers ones for every title every year? I know you can!

All-New Member

Not sure what to take from Ms. Marvel being a vital part of Marvel U. Here I hope they mean as a brand in the context of their business plan and not as character in the context of the fictional world.

Ms. Marvel NOT being vital to Marvel U and just doing her thing in Jersay is what I like. If they start to drag her into team books and events and crossovers, I'll lose interest. If All New All Different Avengers effects the solo too much, I am dropping it.

Spectacular Member

That archer guy is Red Wolf, and old Marvel western character which Alonso said will be in the continuing 1872 title.

All-New Member

I like the idea for seasons, but please, NOT 12 issues per year. Just ten or nine. More and more titles give a few free weeks in-between arcs, so artits can deliver on par quality.

The graphic books will be on the shelves forever and when people pick it up five or ten years for now, they won't be aware the artist had to rush to meet the deadline. They only see bad art and that's that.

I'm not sure what to say any more it like Marvel make a huge experiment in my understanding they change too much. It's obvious they can do that because they have Star Wars as a franchise in their roster now. They removed so many classic element over the years out of Marvel and they going with it even further now? It is like begging all fans which are longer than 1-2 years on bord to leave Marvel Comics behind.

I don't want to be a hypocrite I also said Marvel could change this or that and maybe give the B, C , D list heroes a chance but nobody said anything about doing it in such a roundabout manner.

So where can I buy X-Force, X-Factor, Excalibur,FF , Avengers from the early 90th ?
    Last edited by Ravin' Ray; 06-04-2015 at 07:03 AM. Reason: No need to harry CBR over the title

Spectacular Member CyclopsWasRight's Avatar

red wolf mcu phase 4

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

I knew they were doing episodic! Been saying it for years!
    I may be done after SW tho...
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

A new Spider-Man and Wolverine will also emerge: "You’ll also see the arrival of a new Spider-Man in the Marvel Universe
    Does he mean Miles?

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Yes, Miles. And although Maestro is obvious, like OML, I'd like to throw my hat in the ring with Cho as a promoted hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Rouder View Post
    Ms. Marvel NOT being vital to Marvel U and just doing her thing in Jersay is what I like. If they start to drag her into team books and events and crossovers, I'll lose interest. If All New All Different Avengers effects the solo too much, I am dropping it.
    Marvel is typically bad at not losing themselves in irony, so let's hope

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Just a heads-up: with Marvel doing the press rounds, CBR will update the article as more news becomes available, so check back every now and then.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Chicken View Post
    Does he mean Miles?
    Has to be. He's in the All-New, All-Different Avengers lineup, after all.

Incredible Member

Of course the new Spider-Man is Miles. I think in his EW interview, he mentioned people having new sidekicks. Looks like Alpha got the boot and Miles is Peter's sidekick!