Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

So will Wasp be featured in a book or not Marvel

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    Has to be. He's in the All-New, All-Different Avengers lineup, after all.
    That's why I was curious, we already know that Miles joins the main universe, and he's not exactly new.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    If for no other reason than switching to a season model, rather than arbitrary new #1s whenever they see sales dip, I'm excited for the new era.
    A season model just like for TV shows: You will never know what will be renewed for a new season and what will be canceled, whatever it's in the middle of a story or not.

He is just making it official that there is no "on-going" series anymore. Only 12 issues limited series that may be renewed depending of the sales.

Where is the news on Daredevil?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I think the season model has merit to a degree, but we'll have to see.

So we have Ultimate characters outside Miles - I imagine Nick Fury is certain and maybe Ultimate Reed as a villain - either Old Man Logan or X-23 as thew new Wolverine, and Mastero, a powerless Bruce and possibly that transgender teenaged Hulk guy from Superior Iron Man (which might also give us a younger AI version of Tony to be the new Iron Man).

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    So will Wasp be featured in a book or not Marvel
    The suggestion is that Uncanny Avengers might get revealed to be post SW soon and she was in Rage of Ultron so...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedofLife View Post
    New Wolverine will be Old Man Logan, new Hulk will be The Masetro. Old Man Logan because he's already traveling around Battleworld, Maestro because Alonso said the All-New Hulk will be of interest to Bruce Banner fans, and why would that be the case if the new Hulk wasn't some version of Banner?
    If you read the full interview, it was said that it's not Bruce Banner... The only other clue we got was that it's a different character that it was referred as a "he", so no female hulks also...

Part of the interview: "Alonso stated that it will not be Bruce Banner" and he also said: "Who he is, what it means to be Hulk, it's an entirely new story that I think will be inviting to new fans and interesting to a whole new segment of readers and fascinating to old fans, because this is the world in which Bruce Banner lives as well".

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedofLife View Post
    New Wolverine will be Old Man Logan, new Hulk will be The Masetro. Old Man Logan because he's already traveling around Battleworld, Maestro because Alonso said the All-New Hulk will be of interest to Bruce Banner fans, and why would that be the case if the new Hulk wasn't some version of Banner?
    They already said the new Hulk was not Banner, so I imagine Maestro will be a villain in the new Hulk's series. But I think you are spot on re: Old Man Logan. At least I hope so...

LesJ

Can't believe I finally made an account just to say I don't like much of any of this and probably should stick to just collecting "classic" titles. The extreme amount of #1s in recent years by both major companies is simply mind-boggling and usually unnecessary.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    A season model just like for TV shows: You will never know what will be renewed for a new season and what will be canceled, whatever it's in the middle of a story or not.

He is just making it official that there is no "on-going" series anymore. Only 12 issues limited series that may be renewed depending of the sales.
    This is the way it has always worked, they're just being more upfront about it. They're labeling how they've been canceling/continuing books for years. Shoot, they even give some low selling books a "final season" of sorts like with Superior Foes, allowing Spencer time to wrap it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Yes, Miles. And although Maestro is obvious, like OML, I'd like to throw my hat in the ring with Cho as a promoted hero.

Marvel is typically bad at not losing themselves in irony, so let's hope
    Oooh, Cho could be cool. But isn't he already the Iron Spider or something? My son was watching this new Spider-man cartoon and Amadeus Cho is the new Iron Spider in that.

BANNED

Red wolf to take the place of hawkeye?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I think the season model has merit to a degree, but we'll have to see.

So we have Ultimate characters outside Miles - I imagine Nick Fury is certain and maybe Ultimate Reed as a villain - either Old Man Logan or X-23 as thew new Wolverine, and Mastero, a powerless Bruce and possibly that transgender teenaged Hulk guy from Superior Iron Man (which might also give us a younger AI version of Tony to be the new Iron Man).
    That kid was transgender?

Sometimes this sense of entitlement from people is just downright loathsome. You people miss that bit that said they want to try to bring new readers in with the 8 month post-SW jump and the new #1's?

Whether or not that'll follow through remains to be seen, but at least they're TRYING to make an effort to get a new generation of readers in. The ultimate selling point is that ANAD Marvel isn't a full on reboot, and that they're not going to be erasing everything.

I was hoping for more of a hard reboot tbh.

I mean keep Miles and Ms. Marvel around thats cool, but a lot of Avengers and X-men characters could use a hard reboot, shed some of that harmful fat and cholesterol if you will.
    The J-man