Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Poll: Which Character in the All-New, All-Different Marvel Universe Promo are You Most Excited to See Make it into the p

Which Character in the All-New, All-Different Marvel Universe Promo are You Most Excited to See Make it into the post-"Secret Wars" Marvel U?

The first teaser image from the "All-New, All-Different Marvel Universe" has arrived, bringing with it characters new, old, and slightly different. Whose "All-New, All-Different" adventures are you already buzzing about?

Vote on the poll here.

I already know about the others in one way or another, but Red Wolf is completely new to me. I want to know more about this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelousmetalmouse View Post
    I already know about the others in one way or another, but Red Wolf is completely new to me. I want to know more about this guy.
    I agree with you, he's like Marvels Turok, and I like Amerindian characters. Second choice would be Black Panther hope he gets his own series as well.

Black Panther is the one I'm most excited to see, but I'm interested in Red Wolf, Miles, Kamala, and Gwen as well.

Black Panther. He needs a series yesterday.

BANNED

I voted Miles, but really it's a tie between him and Black Panther.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marvelousmetalmouse View Post
    Idem!
    Also he looks hot!

Red Wolf

The others are not new. Miles and Spider-Gwen are interesting because of seeing how they interact/appear in the MU proper. The rest are just continuations of where their characters are now.

Red Wolf is the only one that is totally new, that we have no idea what they are going to do with him.

I'm going to take a page from "Brewster's Millions" and vote "None of the Above."

AaronT

Is there a selection for 'None of the Above'?

There was a time, we're talking the mid to late 70's, when Marvel Comics and its characters, their adventures, were my only escape from loneliness and school bullies. But this? This is now a total mess. The Marvel Comics of old, the foundation that made Marvel great, is long gone.

Instead, we now have a sarcastic and obnoxious Iron Man whose drawn like he's wearing plastic, not armor. Cap is an old man, again. Falcon isn't Falcon, because we had to take one of Marvel's first black heroes and rebranded him for the sake of diversity. Face it. A Falcon solo book won't sell. But Captain America sells. So let's make Falcon the new Captain America and package it that way.

Why make the new Thor a woman? Why do we have several different Spider-Man's? Why a new Hulk? Why is the person who designed Vision's new costume color blind?

I'll tell you why. Because Marvel Comics has run out of steam. Its the result of poor writing and poor creative ideas.

You can repackage this as many ways as you want: exciting new directions, the next evolution of Marvel, the next step to represent the characters in a more diverse world, but truth to tell, this all looks like a complete train wreck.

I tried showing my son a recent Avengers comic. The Avengers World. I thought his head was going to explode. A 13 year old couldn't even figure out the damn plot. He looked at the new lineup from the solicits and his first question was "aren't any of the Avengers in this book?"

I'm probably dating myself, but I remember when Thor would fight in Asgard. That's where you could go for fantasy stories. Cap fought the Red Skull, those were the heroic stories and Iron Man, man...that's where you went for some good sci-fi superhero adventures. Spider-Man, there being only ONE Spider-Man, was the guy that did the right thing, even though he couldn't get his act together. The Avengers was the big team up book, where I could see all my favorites, even the ones who couldn't hold their own book, in one place. Where the story arcs were three issues at most and that was it.

Can you imagine trying to make a Marvel movie out of some of these characters, plots and stories in the comic books today? You can't. It wouldn't work. Know why? Not because of continuity, its because of poor storytelling. Its these crap characters that Marvel wants me to get excited about and to tell the truth, I can't. I just can't.

Know what I get excited about? When Marvel releases any of the old archived books on their Marvel Unlimited app. My kids and I can go back and read the stories of my youth, when the stories made sense, when they visually looked exciting and when you didn't have to buy a zillion and one books just to follow one storyline.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

1. Miles
    2. Spider-Man
    3. Iron Man
    4. Steve
    5. Thor
    6. Ms. Marvel
    7. Captain America
    8. Nova
    9. Spider-Gwen
    10. Cheese
    11. Spider-Woman
    12. Black Panther
    13. Ant Man
    14. Vision
    15. Red Wolf

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I went for Iron Man, under the interesting theory I've heard that it might be Bruce Banner under there, and I find myself really warming to the concept, more than some AI version of Stark anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronT View Post

Can you imagine trying to make a Marvel movie out of some of these characters, plots and stories in the comic books today? You can't. It wouldn't work. Know why? Not because of continuity, its because of poor storytelling. Its these crap characters that Marvel wants me to get excited about and to tell the truth, I can't. I just can't.
    You clearly don't remember all the crap stories that came out back then. You've also been reading comics since the 70's. That means you're probably 50? You've read and experienced these characters when they were new and fresh. These are the iconic characters to you because you grew up with them. Seriously, the rebirth of the superhero genre only happened 10 to 15 years prior to when you were reading. You got to expeirence a great age of comics.

Now its time for Marvel to move on and allow a new generation the same ability to grow up with with new heroes. Let those heroes become iconic. Let those heroes get movies. Its time for the superheroes to change in order to better reflect the kids of today.

Where's the "other" choice?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Where's the "other" choice?
    There aren't any other character in the picture.