Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Miles but the possibility of a Black Panther book also intrigues me.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronT View Post
    Can you imagine trying to make a Marvel movie out of some of these characters, plots and stories in the comic books today? You can't. It wouldn't work. Know why? Not because of continuity, its because of poor storytelling. Its these crap characters that Marvel wants me to get excited about and to tell the truth, I can't. I just can't.
    It's funny you say these newer characters aren't workable for mainstream audiences when literally like three days ago the big story CBR put out was Miles Morales and Kamala Khan being used in TV shows next year. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelousmetalmouse View Post
    I already know about the others in one way or another, but Red Wolf is completely new to me. I want to know more about this guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    I agree with you, he's like Marvels Turok, and I like Amerindian characters. Second choice would be Black Panther hope he gets his own series as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    Black Panther is the one I'm most excited to see, but I'm interested in Red Wolf, Miles, Kamala, and Gwen as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rey Leopard View Post
    Black Panther. He needs a series yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    I voted Miles, but really it's a tie between him and Black Panther.
    +1

10char
    #MagnetoWasRight

Definitely more excited for some others I don't really care about but I just had to vote for Spider-Gwen

BANNED

You know, I really can't get excited for any of it yet. I haven't seen anything to make me excited for the post-Secret Wars world.

All-New Member

Unhappy That's the problem

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    You clearly don't remember all the crap stories that came out back then. You've also been reading comics since the 70's. That means you're probably 50? You've read and experienced these characters when they were new and fresh. These are the iconic characters to you because you grew up with them. Seriously, the rebirth of the superhero genre only happened 10 to 15 years prior to when you were reading. You got to expeirence a great age of comics.

Now its time for Marvel to move on and allow a new generation the same ability to grow up with with new heroes. Let those heroes become iconic. Let those heroes get movies. Its time for the superheroes to change in order to better reflect the kids of today.
    The problem is that no one will be allowed to "grow up" with any character anymore. By this time next year, Marvel (and that other big company) will be touting a "new and exciting direction" for its characters once again with multiple new #1 books. One simply can't get invested in a character because they will probably be gone in a year or so. As someone who has also been reading since the 70s, I find it depressing that my kids keep getting upset because their favorite characters are continuously dying or going in a "new direction". I think it may be time to move on...

I voted for Coulson (natch) But the Vision is a close second.

Spider-Gwen....just because it might make me care about the Spiderman books again.

It's interesting that they are bringing back Red Wolf. None of the American Indian characters have really worked in the modern world, the best ones were Thunderbird and Shaman.

BANNED

None of these characters are all that new or different, and that tagline itself is 40 years old at this point.

BANNED

I voted Miles Morales but I'm also super excited to see Marvel really get behind Black Panther

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I went for Iron Man, under the interesting theory I've heard that it might be Bruce Banner under there, and I find myself really warming to the concept, more than some AI version of Stark anyway.
    hmmm. That "Bruce Banner is the new Iron Man" seems to be picking up steam, and it MIGHT be starting to interest me, a little...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by troynos View Post
    Red Wolf

The others are not new. Miles and Spider-Gwen are interesting because of seeing how they interact/appear in the MU proper. The rest are just continuations of where their characters are now.

Red Wolf is the only one that is totally new, that we have no idea what they are going to do with him.
    Red Wolf is a character from the 1970s but this iteration of him may be very different.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wellsoul2 View Post
    Spider-Gwen....just because it might make me care about the Spiderman books again.

It's interesting that they are bringing back Red Wolf. None of the American Indian characters have really worked in the modern world, the best ones were Thunderbird and Shaman.
    What about American Eagle/Jason Strongbow? Guy had a pretty awesome moment in Warren Ellis's post-Civil War Thunderbolts where he pretty much beat the living s*** out of Bullseye and put him in traction.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cefrith View Post
    The problem is that no one will be allowed to "grow up" with any character anymore. By this time next year, Marvel (and that other big company) will be touting a "new and exciting direction" for its characters once again with multiple new #1 books. One simply can't get invested in a character because they will probably be gone in a year or so. As someone who has also been reading since the 70s, I find it depressing that my kids keep getting upset because their favorite characters are continuously dying or going in a "new direction". I think it may be time to move on...
    I think you are right

I really wish they had given Red Wolf an actual super-hero costume design. (assuming he's going to be a hero, but I guess he's out of context here) He looks like an extra from an old cowboy movie. (and what's with Steve wearing those old-timey leggings?)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm going to take a page from "Brewster's Millions" and vote "None of the Above."
    Exactly

I'm hardly excited about Marvel any more.

Any other A or B list company is infinitely more compelling and interesting to me.

The $$$ I used to spend on Marvel are going to DC, Valiant, Image, Dark Horse, IDW, Oni, Humanoids, Dynamite, etc and I'm much happier for it.

Just my opinion. If you're loving Marvel, that's great. At one time, long ago, I did too.
    Engaging discussion of comics 10 years old or older http://classiccomics.boards.net