Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I liked this issue
    The art was very good
    the writing was promising
    The over all plot.......... meh.

Thinking about the villain's targets, I'm surprised Diggle didn't show up here. Hope that he turns up eventually in this arc, this could be real personal for him.

I'd certainly prefer to see something done with him rather than more of Ollie being bored in a meeting room. Bruce Wayne already killed that schtick...

It was boring. Art looks nice, writing asides of some clunky monologues was okay too, but plot just didn't hook me. I felt same about his Detective issues too, but it could be excused there since he was basically on a B-title of Batman doing short fill in. But here I want something more, and some white dude killing black dudes because reasons doesn't feel very entertaining to me.

I also felt that last pages were kinda "stupid". Something catches that black dude and Ollie saves the dog. I mean its likely that Ollie didn't have time to react (because it moves very fast as previously shown), but transition didn't feel natural, it probably would have worked much better if we had additional panel(s) of Ollie aiming for the bad guy and then switching to dog due to bad guy getting away.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I liked this issue
    The art was very good
    the writing was promising
    The over all plot.......... meh.
    I thought the art was awesome. I get that the dialogue was kinda cheesy and the story line seems like a straight to redbox movie at the moment but the artwork and page layouts really pulled me in. To be honest I feel like it made me think the story was Bette than it was simply because of the visuals.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manduck37 View Post
    I didn't mind the Milleresque dialogue. I'm glad to see elements of Lemire's run back in the mix and the stuff from the tv show gone. I like the show, but prefer that the two be separate and do their own things. This books seems like it's trying to do some rebuilding of its identity. With Lemire's run, the book had a very unique feel and identity that was very kung fu movie and martial arts mysticism. I think the new team is trying to rebuild some of that mysticism and combine it with more urban elements.

It did make the book feel awkward at times and some of the dialogue was clunky, but hopefully it will find its foundation and smooth out a bit. There was enough here for me to like that I want to stick with it for a bit. Particularly because it feels so different from the previous run. So I'm interested and willing to give it some passes on what seem like some hiccups in trying to find a unique identity again.
    I agree about the TV show thing. I like the TV show but the comic seemed so corny when it was trying to be like the show (the run between Lemire and Percy). I liked this just because I think Ollie seems more like a batman type character (dark, wins with wits), than he does a flash type character. Although all of my experience with him has been through the show or starting with Lemires run.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Yeah was okay. I am in for the first arc of 3 issues. Lets see where this goes.
    Catalina Flores AKA The Tarantula is coming.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

BANNED

None of the complaints don't hold any water imo. I definitely got a Crime-Thriller vibe from this, it fits a character like Green Arrow. I look forward to the rest.

Do you think it's safe to assume that issues #35-40 didn't really happen in overall New 52/DCYou Green Arrow continuity? (Sort of like Nocenti's issues?)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Do you think it's safe to assume that issues #35-40 didn't really happen in overall New 52/DCYou Green Arrow continuity? (Sort of like Nocenti's issues?)
    Probably not until a future writer decides to use either Felicity or Mia.