Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Just a brazilian guy rodrigoleao's Avatar

Lightbulb What if the new Wolverine Isn't a Mutant??

After the Allonso's announce, I'm thinking about all this changes and the thought occurred to me:

What if the new Wolverine Ins't a Mutant?

Despite de Marvel editor to declare any relations between the Films and the Changes on the comics, the Disney/Marvel could use the new Wolverine in the future Movies??

PS: Sorry the bad English...

The short answer is no. He'd still be a derivative character of the Wolverine IP.

There is some confusion with people claiming that they retconned Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch's origins so they could get the movie rights to them, but that is not what happened. They already had the rights and then just changed the origins to make them more like their film counterparts.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Fox would have a strong argument that Marvel making a movie with a "Wolverine" would dilute their license over the "original" Wolverine as well as confuses movie goers. There's probably a clause against such practices in the contract, or else why wouldn't Fox create a Thor and add him to their movies.

An easier method would be to simply create a rough and rumble inhuman with super healing, super senses, some good strength with a mysterious past and call him The Badger.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

If Marvel really wanted to troll fans, they'd announce that Cyclops, Wolverine, and Shadowcat (arguably the three who get most exposure) are all inhumans.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Mighty Member

I'd chuckle my butt off. If only they could make Wolverine not wolverine.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

I could see Marvel creating a new non X-Men related Wolverine. What that means for the movies I don't know, but it would counter Fox at least.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    If Marvel really wanted to troll fans, they'd announce that Cyclops, Wolverine, and Shadowcat (arguably the three who get most exposure) are all inhumans.
    Cyclops is already going to be in Uncanny Inhumans...

That would be horrible and I would say "kill it with fire please."

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I could see Marvel creating a new non X-Men related Wolverine. What that means for the movies I don't know, but it would counter Fox at least.
    It wouldn't. There's no conceivable world where that somehow hurts Fox. Marvel still can't make a movie out of any new Wolverine and comic sales stopped influencing box office numbers...forever ago.

BANNED

I'm hoping X23 is the new Wolverine. Them making the new Wolverine an Inhuman would be a slap to the fans' faces, and the ultimate proof that there downgrading the X-MEN.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    It wouldn't. There's no conceivable world where that somehow hurts Fox. Marvel still can't make a movie out of any new Wolverine and comic sales stopped influencing box office numbers...forever ago.
    I don't think it would really affect the movies. But I think it would be Marvel spitting in the face of Fox. They not only have lied to fans about stopping promoting X-Men and F4, but essentially called those fans crazy when there is more and more evidence coming out that proves it. Marvel(Disney) has every right to do whatever they want with their proprieties, I even understand the logic to what they are doing, but they aren't owning their behavior and its not very mature. Like I said, I have no idea if Marvel would create a new non mutant/X-related Wolverine, but given their recent behavior I wouldn't be surprised if they did.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

I hope is a real speaking Wolverine.....

Making X-23 into the new Wolverine would just encourage FOX to do the same when Jackman departs the franchise after the third Wolverine film in 2017. Making Old Man Logan the new Wolverine doesn't really hurt FOX either I suppose, though.

That's assuming they are actively trying to screw FOX in any way with this change, which may not factor into it at all TBH.

BANNED

I could see Marvel doing it - making a non mutant Wolvie. If for nothing else, to piss off Fox. But they're not interested in pissing off fox, just like they aren't downgrading the x-men and the ff or promoting characters in their movies.

I love the idea of Old Man Logan being the "New" Wolverine. He already is Wolverine. haha.