Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Hulk fans... Welcome to your NEW HULK !

Quotes from Axel Alonso regarding hints about your new Hulk, post Secret Wars :

"I’ll go ahead and tell you the Marvel Universe is about to see the arrival of an All-New Hulk -- NOT a Hulk that you’ve seen before,"

"Incredible Hulk like no fan has ever seen before that's certain to be a topic of conversation. All the same people who yelled about female Thor are going to do the same thing about this Hulk."

"The all-new Hulk ... this character is certain to cause debate. The same people who went crazy with female Thor will have a field day with this one."

"An all-new Hulk unlike any Hulk you’ve seen before. It’s so much fun and it makes so much story sense that this Hulk will exist. It will raise questions for long-term fans about Bruce Banner (the Green Giant’s alter ego).”

"I expect that all the people who were angry about the female Thor, will be angry about this new Hulk, (But) the scope of 'Secret Wars' gives us a very unique opportunity to present the Marvel universe as a blank canvas for our creators and fans."

(Marvel) will introduce a new Hulk "like you've never seen him before," and (Axel) hints that this Hulk will not be Bruce Banner, although Banner will still exist.
    Last edited by TheStrongestOne; 06-04-2015 at 08:47 AM.

Fantastic Member Talkie Toaster's Avatar

I'm having too much fun with Future Imperfect to start worrying over this
    Bah weep granah weep ninny bong

Niffleheim

New Hulk is either Female or Transgendered.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Talkie Toaster View Post
    I'm having too much fun with Future Imperfect to start worrying over this
    Future Imperfect had a great first issue. Can't wait to see the Maestro vs. Thing in issue 2.

After all the announcements about ANAD Marvel so far, I think I am going to take a break from new Marvel books after Secret Wars ends. I don't feel like going through a year or so of origin stories and drawn out first story arcs as they set up the new universe. I have a huge backlog of Marvel books to read from their buy one get one free sale on Comixology a few months back as well as about 40 years of Fantastic Four left to read through. I'll probably jump back in after a year or so worth of books are out or they start going on sale. It'll take a really good creative team on a book for me to stay current instead of waiting for a while.
    The Worlds Greatest Comic Magazine Review - Vol 1 (Issues 1-50) and Vol 2 (Issues 51-102)

Is it Bruce Jenner?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_duck View Post
    Is it Bruce Jenner?
    Now THAT made me laugh. I'm a little speechless with it all, so l needed that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cap10nate View Post
    Future Imperfect had a great first issue. Can't wait to see the Maestro vs. Thing in issue 2.

After all the announcements about ANAD Marvel so far, I think I am going to take a break from new Marvel books after Secret Wars ends. I don't feel like going through a year or so of origin stories and drawn out first story arcs as they set up the new universe. I have a huge backlog of Marvel books to read from their buy one get one free sale on Comixology a few months back as well as about 40 years of Fantastic Four left to read through. I'll probably jump back in after a year or so worth of books are out or they start going on sale. It'll take a really good creative team on a book for me to stay current instead of waiting for a while.
    It's already been stated that the new books will pick up eight months after Secret Wars and all stories will be joined in medias res. So, no origins and drawn-out first story arcs setting up the new universe.

As for Future Imperfect, I'll add my own thumbs-up. Great first issue!

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    Well, crap, I could see them doing that. It's been increasingly apparent in recent years that gamma rays don't just make you big, but really make you into a limited shape-shifter. It'd be weird, new, and different if we had a Hulk who was the opposite sex when they're not angry.

Secret kid maybe?
    Entirely new character with no relation to Bruce?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Cause if there is one thing the MCU needed it was another Hulk character.
    *Sheesh*
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

Is it Bruce Jenner?
    Lol, clever.

iMan 42s

Hulks have essentially become limited shapeshifters these days so I wouldn't put off the idea of an alternate gendered Hulk because weirder things have happend to gamma mutates. Hulk nearly became a "demon" once after all. Yeah I wouldn't put it past Marvel.

Maestro is likely the antagonist as not only is he not as much utilized but he has so much potential and is a lot of fun when used.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Ultimate Member

Is it Bruce Jenner?
    Touche'.....

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    Well, crap, I could see them doing that. It's been increasingly apparent in recent years that gamma rays don't just make you big, but really make you into a limited shape-shifter. It'd be weird, new, and different if we had a Hulk who was the opposite sex when they're not angry.
    Well it certainly would be different, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    Well, knowing how people react to such things, I think some people might have a problem with a transgender character being a "monster." I wouldn't draw those kind of parallels, but I could see the internet reacting in that way, even if that would obviously not be Marvel's intent with a transgender Hulk.

They should bring a transgender character to the forefront, but one who is transgender as themselves, no transformation necessary.