Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Marvel Fatigue: MCU

It seems like Community has issues with Marvel's movies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYJWZnwi6uI

My question to you all is that could Marvel's interconnectivity be it's downfall.
    As in that they focus way too much on trying to connect story threads and not focus on the movie at hand.
    I felt this with Age of Ultron. It didn't feel like a movie to me. It felt like a commercial.

Are you guys getting Marvel Fatigued? Do you think this real risky road to Infinity War will crash and burn?
    Not all risks come out successful. I want to make mine Marvel, BUT I'm fully aware that they are not the second coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40AhTruzxLk

Of all the marvel movies I've only seen about 30 minutes of one of the Thors. I just don't care for these characters.

I used to love Marvel, but Disney kind of killed that.

Incredible Member

If it was two Iron Man movies every single year, maybe. But visiting these characters every few years? Naaah. And it's only for a few hours at a time. I certainly don't get fatigued by having a weekly dose of Batman. Why would a two hour movie every two or three years wear me out?

Quote Originally Posted by Wandacrystal22 View Post
    It seems like Community has issues with Marvel's movies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYJWZnwi6uI

My question to you all is that could Marvel's interconnectivity be it's downfall.
    As in that they focus way too much on trying to connect story threads and not focus on the movie at hand.
    I felt this with Age of Ultron. It didn't feel like a movie to me. It felt like a commercial.

Are you guys getting Marvel Fatigued? Do you think this real risky road to Infinity War will crash and burn?
    Not all risks come out successful. I want to make mine Marvel, BUT I'm fully aware that they are not the second coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40AhTruzxLk
    I think after Avengers 3&4 things will start to be uninteresting not sooner.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

AoU gave me a big heroic feeling, so I don't think so yet. That being said, I do think that Marvel needs to switch things up so that the MCU seems interesting; the new Avengers roster and shows like Daredevil and Agent Carter are a good start. For some of the upcoming films, they really need to get creative; Dr. Strange, for example, has the potential to be something truly unique, as does Black Panther. Also, I seriously hope that we don't get the same stories yet again for the new Spider-Man films.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    If it was two Iron Man movies every single year, maybe. But visiting these characters every few years? Naaah. And it's only for a few hours at a time. I certainly don't get fatigued by having a weekly dose of Batman. Why would a two hour movie every two or three years wear me out?
    Pretty Much this, really it felt like forever to get to another Avengers movie, felt so long ago. Hard IMO to get fatigue on something that you get at BEST Twice a year Tops! That equals out to at most 5 hours of your life if you seen each movie just once in the theaters. More time is spent watching 1 baseball game and that happens a few times in a week for 1 team and that never gets fatigued from fans.

Honestly while it is a good question, I never really got this ideal of MCU Fatigue, no matter what Bugs you can find in them, these movies are FAR SUPERIOR to what we got over 10 years ago with Daredevil, The Hulk and Superman Returns. Saying by others that it will fade out is in some form say that we want good and clever comic book movies to fade out because.............well I don't get why we do? This is what Fans have wanted for DECADES and now we got it and NOW we Want them to just end cause...............we are tired somehow of sitting and watching what is made to be high level entertainment?

Really I hope this Does Not Fade Anytime soon, wanting it end is wanting it to lead to something better, but what that better is I don't know? IMO we are in a New Gold Age of Movies and Fantasy movies, the public is taking these heroes seriously and making new fans by them. IMO and by my view the ball is just getting rolling, so really the idea of being tired makes NO Sense to Me.

So while I give all respect to all opinions, but Really NO, Not even Close, as the old saying goes and IMO:

"We Only Just Begun to LIVE!"
    Last edited by CJStriker; 06-04-2015 at 07:46 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Pretty Much this, really it felt like forever to get to another Avengers movie, felt so long ago. Hard IMO to get fatigue on something that you get at BEST Twice a year Tops! That equals out to at most 5 hours of your life if you seen each movie just once in the theaters. More time is spent watching 1 baseball game and that happens a few times in a week for 1 team and that never gets fatigued from fans.

Honestly while it is a good question, I never really got this ideal of MCU Fatigue, no matter what Bugs you can find in them, these movies are FAR SUPERIOR to what we got over 10 years ago with Daredevil, The Hulk and Superman Returns. Saying by others that it will fade out is in some form say that we want good and clever comic book movies to fade out because.............well I don't get why we do? This is what Fans have wanted for DECADES and now we got it and NOW we Want them to just end cause...............we are tired somehow of sitting and watching what is made to be high level entertainment?

Really I hope this Does Not Fade Anytime soon, wanting it much lead to wanting something better, but what that better is I don't know. IMO we are in a New Gold Age of Movies and Fanstasy movies, the public is taking these heroes seriously and making new fans by them. IMO and by my view the ball is just getting rolling, so really the idea of being tired makes NO Sense to be.

So while I give all respect to all opinions, but Really NO, Not even Close, as the old saying goes and IMO:

"We Only Just Begun to LIVE!"
    I couldn't have said it better. If anything, I am hungry for more! Counting down to Ant-Man...!

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

If you're fatigued... don't watch them until you feel like it.

You don't have to watch a movie or tv show immediately, just because it exists.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

In two years it will be the twenty year anniversary of Batman & Robin. It should be celebrated with an Avengers montage of this:

"I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

As much as I enjoy the MCU at times, yeah, overall it can be really boring. I mean, a lot of the time the cinematography is kinda crap, and a lot of the time you forget what happens in them. Hell, Thor 2 is a blur to me now.

Honest question, would you be as excited as you are for the MCU if there wasn't a sequel film coming out? They all are pretty much the same formula and end the same way.

I think Age of Ultron is when the MCU is starting to show its wear and tear. The film was overly stuffed, and we've seen these same guys for more than 4 films each, and now we're getting ANOTHER BIG BLOWOUT WITH ALL THE SAME CHARACTERS!

The reason why Guardians was so well loved was that it was something different and was visually unique. Then we go back to grey earth and more robots.

After 11 films, yeah, the MCU is starting to lose momentum.

BTW Wandacrystal22, Great Thread Idea! :-)

I think this was a subject that needed to be addressed at some point, so I am glad to talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    In two years it will be the twenty year anniversary of Batman & Robin. It should be celebrated with an Avengers montage of this:

Point....Set....Match!

Again, are we really fatigued or did we really forget on what is use to be LIKE................The Gif Above a Example #1!

Quote Originally Posted by idisestablish View Post
    I couldn't have said it better. If anything, I am hungry for more! Counting down to Ant-Man...!
    Appreciated the Support of My View and Post Idisestablish, much appreciated, means allot to me!

Also, did we EVER think just 3 years ago that a Movie base on even a Founding Avenger like Ant-Man would even see the light of Day?!

This is Example #1 of why THESE Movies have been such a Gift and Success IMO! ;-)
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Actually, I think Marvel did the same thing that happened when Deadpool became popular, overexpose.

There was a time where it was Deadpool, Deadpool: Merc With A Mouth, Deadpool Team Up, Deadpool Corps, and it all crashed at once.

Ever since Avengers hit? Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Hulk and Hawkeye were EVERYWHERE!!! Headlining comics, cartoons, video games, EVERYWHERE! Same with the Guardians, the same movie five got put everywhere that their comic lost all direction and just became fan favorites crap. Each character got their own book too!

This is what is harming Marvel. Instead of showing how big their universe is, they just keep hitting the same characters over and over. In fact, they say that Post Secret Wars, IRON MAN WILL BE THE FRONT LINING CHARACTER! Is Iron Man even that popular anymore? I get the feeling people are getting sick of him.

Just, Marvel really just went too hard with the same characters that they are starting to feel stale. Hell, Kamala Khan seems like she's gonna be the next victim of overexposure.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    As much as I enjoy the MCU at times, yeah, overall it can be really boring. I mean, a lot of the time the cinematography is kinda crap, and a lot of the time you forget what happens in them. Hell, Thor 2 is a blur to me now.

Honest question, would you be as excited as you are for the MCU if there wasn't a sequel film coming out? They all are pretty much the same formula and end the same way.

I think Age of Ultron is when the MCU is starting to show its wear and tear. The film was overly stuffed, and we've seen these same guys for more than 4 films each, and now we're getting ANOTHER BIG BLOWOUT WITH ALL THE SAME CHARACTERS!

The reason why Guardians was so well loved was that it was something different and was visually unique. Then we go back to grey earth and more robots.

After 11 films, yeah, the MCU is starting to lose momentum.
    This is My Point, their are all different views of this and really that is how it has bee from the start, I was not around for the Avengers #1 movie debates but I believe they where clearly in the same ball.

If you feel it is not to you liking, you don't have to consider it important.

But it has been and still is the Mega Force in Movies today, nothing else is even close! For many we still get chills remembering seeing these movies, yea I sadly did not see Thor 2 and Iron Man 3 in theaters, but I did not get a chance back then. But I bought the DVDs over time and Loved watching both and still remember each fondly!

That is how it goes, for Many Fans like me we Saw Age of Ultron and Felt it was one of the Pinnacles of the MCU Movies! Others did not and when all the other movies happened I bet the same was said then too. In the end this comes down to the fact that the MCU Arguably is the Top Dog in Movie Franchise right now and many always want to see the top dog go down. But then another gets top and then the cycle starts again.

Really I feel we have only just begun, I did not get any reaction form Fans when I saw Age of Ultron 3 times in the theaters it lost power and I get the same from others I talk too. In the end it has been a Mega success and really many I know are wanting to see much more to come!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I've read comic books all my life so, no, I'm not fatigued by a new superhero installment in the cinemas every couple years.

I do wish they could strive for a bit more artistic merit than what they have been though. WINTER SOLIDER is the best they've done at Marvel.

Winter Solider, Man of Steel, and The Dark Knight Rises are my favorites in recent mind. I did really, really enjoy the hell out of AGE OF ULTRON though- for what it was. They FINALLY gave us a female superhero in Scarlet Witch, only took them 10 films.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 06-04-2015 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    This is My Point, their are all different views of this and really that is how it has bee from the start, I was not around for the Avengers #1 movie debates but I believe they where clearly in the same ball.

If you feel it is not to you liking, you don't have to consider it important.

But it has been and still is the Mega Force in Movies today, nothing else is even close! For many we still get chills remembering seeing these movies, yea I sadly did not see Thor 2 and Iron Man 3 in theaters, but I did not get a chance back then. But I bought the DVDs over time and Loved watching both and still remember each fondly!

That is how it goes, for Many Fans like me we Saw Age of Ultron and Felt it was one of the Pinnacles of the MCU Movies! Others did not and when all the other movies happened I bet the same was said then too. In the end this comes down to the fact that the MCU Arguably is the Top Dog in Movie Franchise right now and many always want to see the top dog go down. But then another gets top and then the cycle starts again.

Really I feel we have only just begun, I did not get any reaction form Fans when I saw Age of Ultron 3 times in the theaters it lost power and I get the same from others I talk too. In the end it has been a Mega success and really many I know are wanting to see much more to come!
    I don't want to see the MCU fall, I just want to see the MCU get smarter and do things differently.

The biggest worry I have is that Marvel keeps scaring away directors like Whedon, Wright, and the whole Thor 2 problem.

Over an hour was cut from Age of Ultron, and it shows! I mean, that scene where Wanda and Pietro enter the church and see Ultron? It was just confusing! Why are Pietro and Wanda entering the church? How is Ultron just in that new body? Did I miss something? "I thought...that..." what was she gonna say?! THIS IS WHAT WAS THE BIGGEST ISSUE OF AoU WAS! Thor's pool scene also didn't make any sense, nor did his lighting zapping Vision. It feels like they cut the film around the action sequences, and it felt very jumpy. Hell, how did Widow know that Wanda/Pietro/Vision were on their side since she was in the cell? Or better yet, how Banner just APPEARS next to her cell?

Even though I enjoyed the film, those are all big problems in story telling. It's showing that Marvel Studios is willing to cut coherency of plot for action beats. If that doesn't concern you, then it's gonna get worse when Marvel keeps making cheap decisions like that.

What Marvel needs to do is move away from the Avengers sphere and focus on other stand alone stuff that isn't constantly advertising "INFINITY WARS". Stop trying to build everything to the next big thing and just let the films be their own standalone thing. We don't need to have 3 different films tell us "THANOS WANTS THE STONES"