Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Pretty Much this, really it felt like forever to get to another Avengers movie, felt so long ago. Hard IMO to get fatigue on something that you get at BEST Twice a year Tops! That equals out to at most 5 hours of your life if you seen each movie just once in the theaters. More time is spent watching 1 baseball game and that happens a few times in a week for 1 team and that never gets fatigued from fans.

Honestly while it is a good question, I never really got this ideal of MCU Fatigue, no matter what Bugs you can find in them, these movies are FAR SUPERIOR to what we got over 10 years ago with Daredevil, The Hulk and Superman Returns. Saying by others that it will fade out is in some form say that we want good and clever comic book movies to fade out because.............well I don't get why we do? This is what Fans have wanted for DECADES and now we got it and NOW we Want them to just end cause...............we are tired somehow of sitting and watching what is made to be high level entertainment?

Really I hope this Does Not Fade Anytime soon, wanting it end is wanting it to lead to something better, but what that better is I don't know? IMO we are in a New Gold Age of Movies and Fantasy movies, the public is taking these heroes seriously and making new fans by them. IMO and by my view the ball is just getting rolling, so really the idea of being tired makes NO Sense to Me.

So while I give all respect to all opinions, but Really NO, Not even Close, as the old saying goes and IMO:

"We Only Just Begun to LIVE!"
    Well said and I couldn't agree more. When I starting collecting comic books todays world was only a pipe dream. The only danger I see is Marvel making to many movies to fast. If people get spoiled they will turn. Human nature. Movies are different than sports. Different mindsets. Different expectations. Disney? Marvel? Whoever they are needs to keep their fingers firmly on the pulse. Americans love movies and they will pay to see them. Always keep the tease and avoid oversaturation. Marvel is taking Hollywood to school these days. Don't f@ck it up by making everything Marvel a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    As much as I enjoy the MCU at times, yeah, overall it can be really boring. I mean, a lot of the time the cinematography is kinda crap, and a lot of the time you forget what happens in them. Hell, Thor 2 is a blur to me now.
    I'm not really concerned for the cinematography in the movies, or at least I don't notice it as much, but you probably have more experience with that and therefore have better reason to notice and care about it.

I also probably remember more about Thor 2 than most people, if only because I enjoyed it more than most people .

Honest question, would you be as excited as you are for the MCU if there wasn't a sequel film coming out? They all are pretty much the same formula and end the same way.
    I care about the movies because I care about the characters, both because I love them from the comics and want to see them portrayed well in the screen, and because I've become engrossed in the film versions of these characters for the most part.

I'm looking forward to Ant-Man more than most people probably are because I'm a fan of the mythos, and even my reservations about it are purely from a fan perspective with how they're treating Hank, Janet, and the unlikelihood anything will happen with Cassie.

This is what is harming Marvel. Instead of showing how big their universe is, they just keep hitting the same characters over and over. In fact, they say that Post Secret Wars, IRON MAN WILL BE THE FRONT LINING CHARACTER! Is Iron Man even that popular anymore? I get the feeling people are getting sick of him.
    I care less about Tony being popular and more that he's back to being heroic again. It seems like everyone always has to make him into more of a villain instead of a hero .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not really concerned for the cinematography in the movies, or at least I don't notice it as much, but you probably have more experience with that and therefore have better reason to notice and care about it.

I also probably remember more about Thor 2 than most people, if only because I enjoyed it more than most people .

I care about the movies because I care about the characters, both because I love them from the comics and want to see them portrayed well in the screen, and because I've become engrossed in the film versions of these characters for the most part.

I'm looking forward to Ant-Man more than most people probably are because I'm a fan of the mythos, and even my reservations about it are purely from a fan perspective with how they're treating Hank, Janet, and the unlikelihood anything will happen with Cassie.

I care less about Tony being popular and more that he's back to being heroic again. It seems like everyone always has to make him into more of a villain instead of a hero .
    Thing is, are these films gonna be remembered on their own merits, or that they are stepping stones towards the next film? I mean, Thor 2 was pretty much filler with some questionable decisions. (Asgardians have AA Guns?!) In another decade, will these films even be remembered that well?

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

AoU stands quite well on its own. What we desperately need is a sequel to The Incredible Hulk; why hasn't that been made yet?
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    AoU stands quite well on its own. What we desperately need is a sequel to The Incredible Hulk; why hasn't that been made yet?
    Well, because that movie was crap and clearly there was no demand for it.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Well, because that movie was crap and clearly there was no demand for it.
    Regardless, the story featuring the Leader has to be told some way.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Thing is, are these films gonna be remembered on their own merits, or that they are stepping stones towards the next film? I mean, Thor 2 was pretty much filler with some questionable decisions. (Asgardians have AA Guns?!) In another decade, will these films even be remembered that well?
    I'd prefer just seeing them as entries in the ongoing stories of the characters focused on and depicted within them, which then continue in the sequels with the stuff established previously, much in the same way that comics work. It doesn't necessarily always work exactly like that, but I think it's a nicer way of looking at it .

I don't want to see the MCU fall, I just want to see the MCU get smarter and do things differently.

The biggest worry I have is that Marvel keeps scaring away directors like Whedon, Wright, and the whole Thor 2 problem.

Over an hour was cut from Age of Ultron, and it shows! I mean, that scene where Wanda and Pietro enter the church and see Ultron? It was just confusing! Why are Pietro and Wanda entering the church? How is Ultron just in that new body? Did I miss something? "I thought...that..." what was she gonna say?! THIS IS WHAT WAS THE BIGGEST ISSUE OF AoU WAS! Thor's pool scene also didn't make any sense, nor did his lighting zapping Vision. It feels like they cut the film around the action sequences, and it felt very jumpy. Hell, how did Widow know that Wanda/Pietro/Vision were on their side since she was in the cell? Or better yet, how Banner just APPEARS next to her cell?

Even though I enjoyed the film, those are all big problems in story telling. It's showing that Marvel Studios is willing to cut coherency of plot for action beats. If that doesn't concern you, then it's gonna get worse when Marvel keeps making cheap decisions like that.

What Marvel needs to do is move away from the Avengers sphere and focus on other stand alone stuff that isn't constantly advertising "INFINITY WARS". Stop trying to build everything to the next big thing and just let the films be their own standalone thing. We don't need to have 3 different films tell us "THANOS WANTS THE STONES"
    THIS. SO MUCH THIS. I couldn't have said it better Songbird/Diamondback!

Incredible Member

Because after Hulk's explosion of popularity, Disney doesn't want to pay Universal to distribute the film. They lost loads in the deal with Paramount (something like $100 million). It's just not worth it to them.

I would disagree. AoU felt very rushed and kinda required your knowledge of the first film and the gems. Like that whole Thor in the pool scene, or even the life gem scene, or hell, Loki's staff and who Hydra is. It's very much a middle film. Now if they included some of those missing scenes, then it could be a really good standalone, but for right now, it feels like a very packed film with some missing components that would have made it smoother.

I mean, let's be honest, the climax is kinda weak. Ultron sends his whole army at the Avengers as a "Oh ****" moment, and the Avengers...just beat them in 20 seconds. I mean, even Ultron was not even a threat, as there was no point that the Hulk seemed like he was threatened that entire last fight. Even the death was pretty much skimmed over. As much as I enjoyed the film, I'd say it's a B- at best.

Also, Marvel Studios doesn't have solo Hulk movie rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd prefer just seeing them as entries in the ongoing stories of the characters focused on and depicted within them, which then continue in the sequels with the stuff established previously, much in the same way that comics work. It doesn't necessarily always work exactly like that, but I think it's a nicer way of looking at it .
    Even then, that's why I get disappointed in comics these days. Instead of just having issues knock it out of the park, there are constant "Wait til we get the REAL story going!" and even those "Real Stories" would end up being advertisements for later events. We're paying these guys $4 an issue for this stuff! Give me a reason to feel invested instead of promising some stuff down the line! Don't stall just to say "Bigger things are coming", give me a damn good reason why I should keep giving you $4 an issue!!!!

Ultimate Member

If the movies continue to be good and the general audience see them as good, there's really no problem.

If Marvel start pumping out stinkers then I would have an issue.

Ultimate Member

Actually, I think Marvel did the same thing that happened when Deadpool became popular, overexpose.

There was a time where it was Deadpool, Deadpool: Merc With A Mouth, Deadpool Team Up, Deadpool Corps, and it all crashed at once.

Ever since Avengers hit? Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Hulk and Hawkeye were EVERYWHERE!!! Headlining comics, cartoons, video games, EVERYWHERE! Same with the Guardians, the same movie five got put everywhere that their comic lost all direction and just became fan favorites crap. Each character got their own book too!

This is what is harming Marvel. Instead of showing how big their universe is, they just keep hitting the same characters over and over. In fact, they say that Post Secret Wars, IRON MAN WILL BE THE FRONT LINING CHARACTER! Is Iron Man even that popular anymore? I get the feeling people are getting sick of him.Just, Marvel really just went too hard with the same characters that they are starting to feel stale. Hell, Kamala Khan seems like she's gonna be the next victim of overexposure.
    Iron Man's last movie made over a billion dollars.

I don't think people are tired of him.

AOU has already made over a billion too. People aren't tired of them either.

People will get tired of them when the movies are terrible. I mean, why would you get tired of something good?

Besides (and most importantly), if one is tired, one can ignore all this stuff. We don't have to get and be a part of everything just because they exist.