Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
You'll be scratching your head if you jump onto Batman or Superman. I'd suggest checking out some of the completely new series, like Cyborg.
Cyborg looks awesome but you don't have to know any of the backstory to jump into Batman or Superman right now. They're at the very beginnings of new arcs. If one wants to know what landed them in the situations they find themselves in they can look it up but it's wholly unnecessary.

You need to know one thing to understand Batman (the one big spoiler from the last issue of Endgame which I won't spoil here just because I'm extra careful about spoilers) and it's the simplest thing in the world to understand.

Same goes for Superman. I haven't been following it at ALL for years and I picked up Action #1 and can't wait to start reading all the Superman titles.

This is the best time to jump in to DC Comics since 1985 when everything was truly and completely new again.

Even if a new reader doesn't read anything else, they can get a great sense of the universe by reading Justice League and an even greater one by reading Justice League United.

DC is peaking right now. New 52 was very hit and miss. It feels like they've finally figured out what they want to do and how to do it. I was down to about 4 books and after reading the 8 page previews I can't wait to add at least 10 more.