Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Hmm...

Really cheesy, is the first thing that comes to mind. I still don't think that Todd should be going cheesy. I still think he should be going the Arkham Knight approach. In fact, his inclusion in AK is really gonna up his stock, but people are gonna be pretty put off that what we're getting in the game isn't what Jason is the comics. This could backfire...

The art work is an improvement, but I'm still not digging the blockiness or the undercuts.

The narration was pretty much all over the place.

Overall, I'd say it was a "meh" 1st issue. I'll give it to the beginning of the next arc, before I say I'm in for the long haul.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Probably influenced by the AK design

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG_S...ature=youtu.be

And no, Jason doesn't uses a domino mask underneath the helmet anymore.
    The AK design is still much, much better...unless there's an undercut under that badass helmet lol.

Also, that god he doesn't wear that mask underneath the helmet anymore. It made the face reveal in the Under the Hood story.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Sadly, I have to wait until later this week to read this one. I'm a little short on funds until payday.

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    I still think he should be going the Arkham Knight approach. In fact, his inclusion in AK is really gonna up his stock, but people are gonna be pretty put off that what we're getting in the game isn't what Jason is the comics. This could backfire...
    Well, there is have been comics based on the Arkham games so I suspect there will be one dealing with Arkham Knight as well. If they are looking for that versiom of Jason Todd then that's the first place they are likely to look assuming of course that they are interested in reading comics to begin with. I'm not sure what percentage of gamers are also comic readers honestly.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Picked it up.

Won't be picking up Issue 2. Jason deserves better than this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BloodOps View Post
    Picked it up.

Won't be picking up Issue 2. Jason deserves better than this.
    Come on, man, I'm a fellow naysayer, but one issue isn't enough to write off a title.

At least give it 3-4 issues. I'm personally giving it at least until the beginning of the next arc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Sadly, I have to wait until later this week to read this one. I'm a little short on funds until payday.

Well, there is have been comics based on the Arkham games so I suspect there will be one dealing with Arkham Knight as well. If they are looking for that versiom of Jason Todd then that's the first place they are likely to look assuming of course that they are interested in reading comics to begin with. I'm not sure what percentage of gamers are also comic readers honestly.
    Yeah, but I'm not talking about the AK title character; I'm talking about Jason Todd. Jason gets so little exposure outside of the comics, so him being a big attraction in BAK will certainly up his stock. The only place to get your Jason fix is the comics, and potential new readers will likely get discouraged when/if they see this cheesy portrayal...and that undercut.

Come on, man, I'm a fellow naysayer, but one issue isn't enough to write off a title.

At least give it 3-4 issues. I'm personally giving it at least until the beginning of the next arc.
    Pretty much my approach. It was an okay opening but it does set up the two quite well with Roy as In your face heart type while Jason is more of the plan within plan/fail safe operator of the group. I didn't laugh cause I didn't see any jokes.

Them being actual mercs seems like a good way to take the Outlaws but I am counting down the days where the hit/mission goes wrong and they end up on MW posters.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Fantastic Member

Some are even writing it off because of the preview. Some are even writing it off because of Lobdell's name attached to it without looking at the preview.

I'm on the same boat when it comes to trying out a whole story arc for this title.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

I sometimes think reading a new comic is like dating a new person. Sometimes you can just tell after the first date/issue that you don't want to continue seeing the person/reading the comic.

I too do believe in giving women/girls and comics more than one chance. But every once in a while, the feeling is just so overwhelmingly negative that no second chance is considered.

I dont think that's the case here. I actually kinda like the dumb, buddy type feel to it. I may actually pull this...
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

Sometimes things are special because they don't last. -- Zhi, Tales from the Loop

Spectacular Member

I kinda liked it. Art is a little weird, blocky as some have said. Wearing a hood over the helmet, I am not feeling it. The way the helmet looks off.

I would have liked to see Rose Wilson. After the end of RHATO I was hoping Rose and Jason were going to do some missions together. Maybe replace Starfire while she's doing her own thing.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

At some point Lobdell's idea was to replace Kori and Roy with Crux and Rose but then it came the new direction and those plans were scrapped. It didn't help that Daniels suddenly claimed Rose as his own either.

Anyways, going by Lobdell's interview. I don't think we will have a proper arc on this title, Lobdell seem to be aiming for a format similar to that of a TV show. New adventures each issue hold together by a underlying theme. In this case, the idea of going legit.

I still don't get the complaints with the art, Medri's pencils have plenty of detail, lines are clear and well-defined making it extremely pleasant for the eye.

Fantastic Member

At some point Lobdell's idea was to replace Kori and Roy with Crux and Rose but then it came the new direction and those plans were scrapped. It didn't help that Daniels suddenly claimed Rose as his own either.

Anyways, going by Lobdell's interview. I don't think we will have a proper arc on this title, Lobdell seem to be aiming for a format similar to that of a TV show. New adventures each issue hold together by a underlying theme. In this case, the idea of going legit.

I still don't get the complaints with the art, Medri's pencils have plenty of detail, lines are clear and well-defined making it extremely pleasant for the eye.
    The art is fine. I liked the issue as a whole. It's like a fun buddy action movie. Reminds me of Rush Hour or Lethal Weapon.

Incredible Member

I know I'm drifting off-topic, sorry for that but is Daniels actually using Rose? (It *might* make DEATHSTROKE worth checking out if he is)

In a vague attempt to bring this back *on* topic*, would Rose be a better date for Jason or Roy? Discuss at will.

Cheers.

James.

Enjoyed it, but I expected to enjoy it. I was a big fan of the outlaws. I do miss Starfire a bit, and wish he could have at least added a third. Power level is more stable with just the 2 of them though so I may enjoy the story more if they deal with more real world stuff and less space.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

You guys can check Medri's sketches and designs for the series, here

I really, really like his style.