Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default The Exiles appreciation thread

Here's a thread celebrating the original X-dimension jumping team the Exiles. It might have been five or six years since the last Exiles comic was released but it was still a good series. Although I only read the last few issues of the main series and the entire New Exiles series, recently I bought the Ultimate Collection Graphic Novels and will read through them soon. For this thread discuss everything you want about the team, characters or the series itself.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Loved Exiles. Mimic and Morph were my favorites, and, oddly enough, since it sort of spelled the end for both characters, Would Tour my favorite arc.

Peace

Exiles is one of those series where I can go back and read over and over again without it losing any of it's appeal. My favorites are the original team, minus Magnus since we didn't really get to know him, with Sunfire added on. It would be so so cool if Martz was like "Hey, Hickman is doing a multiverse storyline and that gives me a chance to re-introduce my most favoritest bestest team in the whole wide world." Yeah I took some liberties there
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Continuing the conversation from that other thread...

Exiles was one of the better comics on the shelves, without a doubt. I'm a big Psylocke fan, so the Claremont era wasn't terrible for me. I was happy to have Psylocke back. But my two favorite characters from the title are easily Blink and Nocturne. Some of the most memorable storylines are from Exiles.

I think it's time for All-New Exiles. Why not? We've got All-New everything else.

I liked and didn't like how characters were killed off and stayed dead. I really liked a few who were killed off.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    I liked and didn't like how characters were killed off and stayed dead. I really liked a few who were killed off.
    But at the same time, the idea that a character could be killed and kept dead kind of added to everything. It made things feel like there was a real risk. Don't get me wrong, some of my favorites bit the bullet.

I do always hope that perhaps Blink would show up in 616, but it seems unlikely. I thought for sure with DofP doing so well in the box office.

I liked Cat and she died before she could reach her destiny
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

King Hyperion was my favorite story.

BANNED

The versions of both Mimic and Morph had never been better! Miss them so much

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    The versions of both Mimic and Morph had never been better! Miss them so much
    My two favorites.

Peace

I loved the title. It was always fun seeing the new realities and all the new characters they introduced where very well developed. The two biggest problems I had (before it completely went off the rails later on) was that they killed Holocaust (I always liked that guy) and keeping Sabretooth around as a team member. I got tired of that guy real quick. I mean, it was okay seeing a good Sabretooth when he was surrounding by dead bodies in the AoA or seeing him working with the scumbags that composes his team, but on the regular Exiles he just felt unneeded.

Cat's death and Magik from the first volume were huge blows to me.

My letter was printed in New Exiles 11, so that was pretty cool.
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

I own these issues :

First Volume
    1, 14, 20, 22, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 55, 56, 57, 63, 64, 81, 83, 84, 96, 97, 98, 99 and 100

Exiles One Shot

X-Men Die By The Sword 1 – 5

New Exiles
    0, 1 (plus two variants), 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18

Exiles Volume Two 2
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    The fact that they could die, and stay dead was what made the book great.

Quote Originally Posted by danelway View Post
    The fact that they could die, and stay dead was what made the book great.
    Yeah I guess so. I was definitely tearful when Cat died, she had been built up so much over the New Exiles series and her destiny was dashed away from her. But what really got me was when she could see all the alternate versions of herself and what I believe to see the 616 Kitty telling her that she did a great job before Cat dies. Then in the next issue Pyslocke crying over her body saying 'She's just a kid. She had her whole in front of her.'

BTW today I officially finished reading Ultimate Collection Exiles volume 1 today (#1-#19) and will start off the next volume tomorrow.

One last thing. For a little fun I want people to post their own personally Exiles team. But there are a few rules to this little team.

1. No two members can be from the same reality.
    2. You cannot use characters that have already been on the Exiles. (E.G. AOA Blink cannot be used but 616 Blink can)
    3. There has to be 6 members
    4. You can use characters that have already appeared in a comic but you can make up an alternate reality. Just make sure that the character is a Marvel Character and not an original.
    5. No more than one non-X character on the team.
    6. If you are using an established alternate character they must still be alive.

You can write a description of the characters and why you have chosen them but that isn't mandatory so have fun.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One