Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

They will be always my favorite team (They were definitely the weirdest-looking X-men!)
    And here’s a bad-ass Blink moment

2238253-exiles0652005puardcp173qd.jpg
    4383041-blink+sand+example+with+hyperion.jpg

(Also, I love Mizuki Sakakibara art)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    Yeah, the best issues of Exiles are around 1-60 BUT all of it was more or less readable up until Claremont came on board. And yes, even the Austen issues work in the Exiles, which has for years baffled me. For the life of me I can't understand how the same guy could have written Exiles so well and then written X-Men sooooooo badly. Maybe they kept him on a tighter leash on Exiles or something? I don't know but in any case, his Exiles are good even if they're not necessarily the best of the entire book's run. Claremont issues are definitely the worst. And then New Exiles is just ugh. While the entire book was already slowly starting to fall apart a bit before Claremont's relatively lengthy run it was what permanently torpedoed the title to the point that once they got him off the book and relaunched it it's brand had been damaged to a point where it just couldn't sustain itself beyond 6 issues. And while Vol 2 wasn't great I think it could have developed into a good book if it had the time to do so. But unfortunately it didn't.
    So in conclusion, read 1-60 and then maybe read 1-79 but skip everything from that point onwards unless you are really curious to see how the story of the remaining original Exiles wraps up. And if you do want to see their stories concluded, then check out Vol 2 or just read the spoilers online or something.
    Thank you very much! I might check Claremont stuff just to see Chuck Austen being a superior writer to him lol. That is so weird.

I remember that Exiles started to suck especially when 616 Psylocke came on board, but I'm not sure what issue that was. But yeah everything up to Claremont was really enjoyable.

I really enjoyed the short lived Exiles series that came out a couple years ago, but mostly because I'm a Magneto family fan and we got to see a couple versions of Lorna and Wanda being sisters. It was also good to see the original Exiles crew taking on a mentor role for new teams.

Exiles is one of my favorite series to date. I especially miss Nocturne, Blink and Mimic.

Astonishing Member

Exiles! Exiles! Exiles! Whoo! Exiles

Astonishing Member

Okay, interesting.

Saladin Ahmed is taking answers on twitter and giving a few answers about Exiles so some technically spoiling stuff.

"Is Wolvie a cartoon or flesh and blood?"

Saladin: He's a living cartoon, physically more invulnerable than even the Asgardian on the team

"Any chance of Morph appearing in Exiles?"

Saladin: I'm going to quote-tweet this one so everyone will see it: yes. hell yes. an extremely effin good chance.

Judd Winnick's original team was the best. Wish the writers and editors at marvel havevthec foresight to bring them back and market this team.

Spectacular Member

My heart broke when Sunfire died.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw22 View Post
    My heart broke when Sunfire died.
    Yeah it's especially odd since while unlikely I never really figured she died. I know it was a bad point in Exiles history but that very same story arc had Mariko find the dead body of her doppelganger in that universe earlier in the story. I figured down the line it'd be revealed someone would've switched said body out for "our" Mariko.

That being said I hope they're smart about how they handle this book going forward, while I know the whole "death" is real in Exiles thing will likely still hold true, I hope they remember their dead a bit more. I mean any time an Exile would die no one ever really reacted with Mariko's being the closest one to an exception. Only for that to similarly be forgotten pretty quick (though they at least brought it up again here and there). I mean who ever remembers Magnus? He was the first Exile to die! XD

Man I loved Magnus. Namora too. Holy crap they were both so cool.

Astonishing Member

Holy crap they remembered to include Magnus as a reference, yay.

Feels weird seeing preview art so early. XD

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    "Is Wolvie a cartoon or flesh and blood?"

Saladin: He's a living cartoon, physically more invulnerable than even the Asgardian on the team
    So he's basically Slapstick then?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

I've only vaguely aware of who Slapstick is...so...maybe?

The minute I heard of the Wolvie here my mind immediately went to the Captain Carrot from Multiversity and his cartoon physics abilities.

Astonishing Member

While Claremont's run was pretty eh, I still appreciated some of the ways he had fun with the characters.

I especially loved the way he set up Gambit (and I loved his origin here even if the 616 Gambit and him don't really have a connection) helping stop the evil Madame Hydra/Sue Storm inadvertently. Him just going "Mom?!" in the story and throwing Madame Hydra off completely was just amazing.

I also loved Cat a fair amount. What a fun character.

Astonishing Member

http://insidepulse.com/wp-content/up...-1-variant.jpg

I'm liking the art on the variant as a whole but...what is up with how "Old Kamala" looks here? Whoo boy. I would think that was a guy in all honesty. Weird given the other art we've seen so far of Khan.