Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

I had some problems with the first issue, but #2 was really good. There's still some awkward dialogue, but it was jam packed with story without feeling rushed, Fury's purple prose continues to carefully walk the line between pretentious and meaningful, Valkyrie's introduction was great, everything to do with Wolvie is amazing(except for the part where Khan said that it was the worst day of her life because of pies, even though about 10 minutes ago she'd had her world eaten) and I'm very happy that there's some sense of optimism to their mission; that they can save all those who've been lost. As a whole I really like the team, both as individuals and as a unit. Definitely not looking forward to the first, inevitable death. Hopefully none of the deaths in this series will be as BS as Mariko's.

Also, this isn't something I normally comment on, but the panel layouts here were fantastic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I had some problems with the first issue, but #2 was really good. There's still some awkward dialogue, but it was jam packed with story without feeling rushed, Fury's purple prose continues to carefully walk the line between pretentious and meaningful, Valkyrie's introduction was great, everything to do with Wolvie is amazing(except for the part where Khan said that it was the worst day of her life because of pies, even though about 10 minutes ago she'd had her world eaten) and I'm very happy that there's some sense of optimism to their mission; that they can save all those who've been lost. As a whole I really like the team, both as individuals and as a unit. Definitely not looking forward to the first, inevitable death. Hopefully none of the deaths in this series will be as BS as Mariko's.

Also, this isn't something I normally comment on, but the panel layouts here were fantastic.
    To be completely honest, I'm actually hoping that constant deaths aren't a part of this series. It was pretty much a 50/50 split of if deaths were tragic or BS in the original book so I'd much rather the trend not continue. Not against killing characters here in general much as I already love this group, but I'd like to see the deaths be consistently emotionally effective and for more than two of them make it to the end is what I'm saying.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

This issue raised the stakes of the mission. Glad to see the different motivations from the characters and what they face now after this issue. With a instance that removes a important element, this series takes a spin.

If any of you guys are on Twitter I highly suggest following current Exiles writer Saladin Ahmed @saladinahmed. Hesretty funny and he showcases just how redick X-Fans can be....

20180426_152927.jpg
    GrindrStone(D)

I'm a big fan of the Exiles. In fact, I've come out of a year-long retirement from buying comics to buy The Exiles, so I'm inclined to judge this book favorably. But I don't see any chemistry among the characters in this book. I like the characters in the book (except for Khan, who's a real downer), but I don't see a team, just a bunch of individuals. Maybe when Captain America and Morph join the team . . . .

Sandy Hausler

Astonishing Member

I'm a fan of the book so far but I am a bit bugged at the way it was set up so far.

Having every character plucked away (except Blink) because their timelines being erased) is too samey. And less interesting than either the Parker runs opening (being removed literally prior to their intended deaths) or the original runs (being erased or having their history changed, even if that was a lie later on).

So far they really aren't a team yet though presumably they finally will be now that all their members have been assembled.

And I know as far as Asgardians go it's not the weirdest but why does Valkyrie have a whole speech about being invited to go on their quest JUST before stating she can't leave? It's also a bit odd because...what's she even defending Asgard for at this point anymore? She's apparently the last Asgardian. Is she just protecting the other 8-9 realms from being invaded or protecting weapons that Asgard contains?

I do think Valkyrie and Wolvie will be my favorite duo at this time. They're like polar opposites of cheerfulness. Haha.

I do hope we get a lot of mileage out of Iron Lad. So far he's the one who in theory would LEAST like his reality returned or to personally never return.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Reading the chapter, it's still pretty good.

Things could get a bit wordy at times, but still good. Interested to see where Blink vs. Ka will go. The latter is more hardened by life and feels she needs to be ice cold to avoid more pain. Blink has gone through things but tries to keep embracing life, even reuniting with newfound family she appears crazy about.

Sad to betray my own morals, but I think Wolvie was adorable. lol The one Wolverine I like -so far. Hopefully he stays cute & fun and doesn't become obnoxious and bratty later. I also loved Lil Magneto! Too bad he was killed.

BANNED

Really digging this book. The first issue was ok but #2 was a big step up and has convinced me to stick with this title awhile. Liked the new characters that came in this issue and how the stakes quickly got raised.

Exiles #1 debuted at 52 in the sales charts and #2 was at 99! Hopefully it will be given time and stabilise at a decent number.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/05...in-april-2018/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Exiles #1 debuted at 52 in the sales charts and #2 was at 99! Hopefully it will be given time and stabilise at a decent number.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/05...in-april-2018/
    A part of me is hoping the book, good as it's getting, doesn't last too long, for no other reason than wanting the characters to live.

BANNED

So with TJ, Creed and Morph popping up in August, how much continuity do you guys think is going to be re-written or wiped out? Personally I'm just hoping Parker's run is treated as non-canon (love Parker in general but his retcon was bad) and there's a damn good explanation why TJ isn't still retired with John.

Well Exiles #7 was a shocker! spoilers:
    RIP Morph!
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I thought this was an enjoyable issue, besides the deaths.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

It was a good, though depressing issue. But I can't help but think one of those death may turn even more people off the series, and lower sales.

Gotta say I love Cowboy T. Looks like he's gonna be sticking around too. And looking at solicits & covers, Peggy will be back. Probably what Val needs.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Well Exiles #7 was a shocker! spoilers:
    RIP Morph!
    end of spoilers
    That's the spoilers:
    second team member death in this series. Khan being the first.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman