Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Thomas Wayne Jnr

Quote Originally Posted by Mister BoMan View Post
    Dick is the only Nightwing, accept no substitutes!

Yeh, complete agreement

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    He's already been Robin, Wingman, and Red Hood, plus he tried to grab the Batman mantle. What would be next . . . Jason Todd as Bat-Mite?
    ok, that might be a little idiotic but i am open to new concepts.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    You never read the Bruce Jones Nightwing run, did you?
    why was jason impersonating nightwing? was Jason portayed fairly well?

Quote Originally Posted by brenster21 View Post
    why was jason impersonating nightwing? was Jason portayed fairly well?
    Ya, and ya. Its was probably the best portrayal of Jason ever...hehehe

BANNED

Guys, Nightwing is a profitable character even without Dick it could sell 30/40k more books, it will be foolish of DC to not take advantage of that

And who knows, the spy direction might stick for Dick so theres that.
    Last edited by Neowing; 06-05-2014 at 05:41 AM.

If it can't be Dick, then Tim. The entire 'I've always been Red Robin' is a terrible idea and he's saddled with an even more terrible costume.
    If not Tim, then some random teen associated with the Bat-Family decide it's a good idea to resurrect the name and costume. Cullen, for instance.
    But I still want to see some time travel hijinks make Forever Evil null and void, and put Dick back into the Nightwing ID. Preferably the blue suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebon View Post
    If it can't be Dick, then Tim. The entire 'I've always been Red Robin' is a terrible idea and he's saddled with an even more terrible costume.
    If not Tim, then some random teen associated with the Bat-Family decide it's a good idea to resurrect the name and costume. Cullen, for instance.
    But I still want to see some time travel hijinks make Forever Evil null and void, and put Dick back into the Nightwing ID. Preferably the blue suit.

I suppose if they were to have a new Nightwing, it would work best with either Tim or an older version of Damian, but I could see them bringing in someone else like Calvin Rose or Jason Bard or a new character. However, I doubt we will see a new Nightwing for several months, anyway. For one thing it would be hard to work into the ongoing stories any time soon. For another, they probably want to see how Grayson is going to go. I don't think anyone expects a Movement level failure, but if they burn those bridges then they are left with having to take extreme measures (and no, before someone suggests it I don't think they would kill Dick off to sell an event). But if you back yourself into a corner where time travel is your only answer, you've got a problem, even if a Crisis is looming.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I say rest the Nightwing character until Dick is ready to return to it. I believe I read somewhere that the next Nightwing will be female, though.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I think that was supposed to have been Harper Row but the fans made such a stink about it that they backtracked and renamed her "Bluebird" instead. I don't believe there is a female "Nightwing" in the offing anymore. In fact, I don't think we will be seeing anyone new taking on the "Nightwing" mantle. DC will need a fallback should Grayson fail to meet their sales expectations and keeping the mantle free for Dick to take back seems like a reasonable backup plan to me. Unless, of course, the next crisis results in Dick taking back the Batman mantle or something of the sort.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 06-05-2014 at 08:53 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

It would be kind cool to see Dick as Nightwing and Tim as Flamebird

Astonishing Member

now that miller's been appeased for the time being, Carrie?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Nobody. Keep it retired until Dick takes it back. The Bat kids playing musical chairs with each others identities is a plot device that needs to go away.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I think that was supposed to have been Harper Row but the fans made such a stink about it that they backtracked and renamed her "Bluebird" instead. I don't believe there is a female "Nightwing" in the offing anymore.
    Thanks for that, I thought I'd read a murmer about it somewhere.

Batwing and only Batwing.