Default How do you think Superman would react to an enemy like this?

Say an alien mad scientist tried to resurrect the Kryptonian race by using Superman's DNA only something went wrong and he ended up creating a warped mutation of a species that sought universal conquest and when Superman encounters this race created from his own DNA he discovers they've adopted a Nazi mentallity and were destroying anything they deemed as impure. Like the Daleks from Doctor Who. How would Superman react if he learned such evil was spawned from his own DNA?

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Probably the same way Superman reacts to his own people in Man of Steel, any comic featuring General Zod and or how Superman deals with Bizarro and his clones. He's not going to let them do what they want. Superman would not be paralyzed in to inaction by abominations and mockeries. Heaven help the scientist who chose to pervert Superman's or other kryptonians DNA. Supes gets real pissy about that ****.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

...bad, I guess? Like Bizarro, but angrier? Like, more angry at the creator rather than the manipulated clones, but this is pretty straightforward "Superman stops the guy who made them and exiles them to the Phantom Zone until he finds a way to help".
    Buh-bye

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I don't think he'd care much about the fact that they come from his DNA. He'd just stop them and maybe try an rehabilitate them. Actions speak louder than words to Superman, so it doesn't matter where you come from,who your parents are, or how you got there. For Superman it's what you do that defines you.

He'd probably punch the guy who made them in the gut real quick though.

Yeah, I don't think Superman would feel guilty or anything, if that's what you mean. Not his fault someone started making an army of Nazi Bizarros or whatever. I actually kind of like this idea for a villain, but I don't think it's a super difficult moral issue for the Man of Steel, so much as it is a logistical problem. One or two other criminals with his powers give Superman a lot of trouble, but a whole army of them? Shoooot.

He confronts the Nazi Bizarros and stops them however he has to, preferably without sending them to the Phantom Zone or killing them. I do think he would kill them if he had to, Bizarros are not always considered to be "alive" enough for him to feel bad about it. Obviously though, it's his last resort for stopping a menace, even after Zone containment, which I believe he still considers "cruel and unusual" punishment.

Whoever created the Nazi Supermen would get the crap beaten out of them and imprisoned. Like, come on, evil person. Don't do that.

Really if they acted like nazis and they began killing and carrying out genocide I think any Superman would revert to his WW2 temperament and go to war on these monsters and kill them if he had to and Phantom Zone the rest. If Superman came across the mass graves and death camps he would weep for the victims and take a sundip and got to war on these uber powered monsters. The fact that they were twisted from his dna might make it more personal and probably piss him off even more.