Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Bat-Mite, #1

Banished from his home dimension, Bat-Mite turns his attention to a whole new batch of subjects to "fix" in "Bat-Mite" #1, written by Dan Jurgens and drawn by Corin Howell.

Full review here.

Astonishing Member

I have been anticipating this series. I enjoyed Bat-mite's antics and the art was really good.

Dr. Trauma and Nurse Agnes are good new foes and I look forward to Hawkman next issue.

I enjoyed it.

All-New Member

Really enjoy it.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

This was really fun.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar

I really wanted to like this, but I didn't. Jurgens was trying way too hard and ended up coming across as grandpa humor...and laugh track schlock.

Artist did what he could. Same plot, different and better dialogue with his art and it would have been awesome.

Always Rakzo

Thought this was fun, some of the jokes were a bit dated but still was enjoyable.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Thought this was fun, some of the jokes were a bit dated but still was enjoyable.
    I was thinking the same thing ahaha, but I almost kinda think the dated jokes unwittingly (or perhaps intentionally?) added to the humor value.

I will say I was KINDA disappointed that the real issue wasn't just a continuation of the Sneak Peek. I guess it's cool...free content in the Sneak Peak, but I kinda liked where that Sneak Peak was going...
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

I enjoyed this first issue. It was really light-hearted and I thought it was a lot of fun. It wasn't quite as funny as I wanted it to be but I still enjoyed it enough that I think I'll pick up the second issue.

I like to balance my reading pile of comics with a good number of light-hearted fun titles, and this fits the bill for me
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender