Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default A great first week for the DC You

I would say the first week of the new DC Comics was a big success. It's been a long time since every book I picked in a week were all so enjoyable. Obviously Justice League 41 was the highlight. Johns writing like the scribe of old and Fabok brilliant as usual. Action Comics continues an amazing run by Pak and Kuder. Those of you turned off by the image of Superman riding a motorcycle with a brooding look on his face need to give the issue a chance. Like almost every issue of Pak and Kuder's run it has a lot of heart.
    Midnighter, Bizarro, and Omega Men all had fantastic first issues! So much to like about these books. I didn't pick up Green Lantern but the concept seems interesting. I like the idea of Hal as a Han Solo-like space ship pilot renegade. At least for a little while.
    And we still have Hitch's JLA to look forward to.

It is probably time for Batman to have his own Batman Inc with armor, maybe reboot Superman with weaker powers, reboot Green Lantern with weaker powers needing a space ship. Both Superman and Green Lantern can maybe use space ships.
    Last edited by colonyofcells; 06-05-2015 at 11:53 PM.

JL was certainly the top of the heap. Bizarro, Action and Midnighter were all strong. GL and GA I'm on the fence. If the arcs don't pan out, they will likely be dropped. All around great art. I'm happy to see such an eclectic mix in one haul. Looking forward to next week.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Yeah. JL has me pumped.The first issue of Omega Men was good as was Bat-Mite and Bizarro.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

"DC You". Those rocket scientists had board meetings and that was the best they came up with? I'd hate to see what the losing entrants were.

But then, "Marvel Now" was no more imaginative either.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    "DC You". Those rocket scientists had board meetings and that was the best they came up with? I'd hate to see what the losing entrants were.
    Who gives a sh*t? The comics are awesome.

JL #41 and Action #41. Wow... just wow. This is it, man. This is the time to be a DC fan.
    You will need a miracle to defeat us, mutant! You are severely outnumbered!
    My brother's the one who cares about numbers.
    THUNK
    I'm the one who believes in miracles.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

But then, "Marvel Now" was no more imaginative either.
    It is miles better than All-new All-different MARVEL
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Light View Post

JL #41 and Action #41. Wow... just wow. This is it, man. This is the time to be a DC fan.
    JL #41 was incredible can't wait for part 2, Omega Men also had a good start.

Mighty Member

Am I the only one who found Midnight lackluster? I mean, don't get me wrong, I think it's great DC has a gay male lead, but that writing felt really forced and did not draw me into the story. Plus, while the art wasn't bad, it wasn't really impressive either.

Omega Men. though, that's the one you need to look out for!

Spectacular Member

I read all of the number 1s and JL and Action. Everything was pretty great. I hear there may be more books in October.

I didn't buy any new DC books this week. Weeks 2 and 4 are the ones that I'm more interested in. (For at least this month, since I thought Detective Comics would be back to a Week One release next month?)

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Yes, it was a great week. Omega Men was my favorite of the week. Midnighter, Action and JL were also strong starts while Bizarro and Bat-Mite were just pure fun. I really enjoyed all of them for different reasons and I was glad to have more variety from a single company in my pile this time around. I'd say it was a very strong start for DCYou and I'm looking forward to next week's issues. Between this and the digital firsts I'm getting it's been a really great week.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 06-06-2015 at 08:45 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Mighty Member

It was a fantastic week. Omega Men, Midnighter, JL, Action Comics were all great, Green Lantern and Green Arrow were good, Bizarro and Bat-mite were both cute and fun. I hope the rest of the month is this strong.

Omega Men is really going to be something special I think.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    . Omega Men is really going to be something special I think.
    I think so as well.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Light View Post

Nah, Action's been good the whole time Pak and Kuder have been on it. Not just now. 1985-86, that was the time to be a DC fan. Now's not a terrible time to be a DC fan (arguably better than it was 6 months ago), but let's not go overboard.