0 0%
  • Wonder Woman #31

9 20.00%
  • Other

4 8.89%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Always Rakzo

Default DC Comic of the Week May 21st 2014

Okay people, a bit late but let's celebrate the best comic of the week! (Yeah, I forgot about it, shut up).

Mine was Forever Evil, it actually exceeded my expectations about the ending.

But there's no poll!!!

I'm going with Justice League. I was really interested what the team's direction would be. Forever Evil is close though.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
    But there's no poll!!!
    Blame the site for not making both comments and poll being posted instantly.

1. Forever Evil #7 ****1/2 out of 5: actually worth the wait, if it had a better artist I could have gone for 5 stars
    2. Batman '66 #11 ****: a truckload of guest stars including Dr. Holly Quinn
    3. Justice League #30 ****: Johns is writing the best Lex since perhaps Elliot S! Maggin (Lex killed The Watcher, he's that good!)
    4. Invincible #111 ****: "oh well, let the slaughter begin" it seems the Robert Kirkman that writes The Walking Dead will also be writing this book too according to the letters page
    5. Batman/ Superman #11 ***1/2: I like Doomed too much, I'm even enjoying the sidebar
    6. Sinestro #2 ***: improved a bit over issue #1
    7. Flash Gordon #2 ***: also improved, I'm liking the "Impulsive" Flash
    8. Batman and Frankenstein #31 ***: much improved over the last pairing of these two
    9. Justice League of America #14 ***: nice little moments as the team disperses
    10. Wonder Woman #31 **1/2: the "Eewwwwwwwww Moment of 2014" may have a winner
    11. Supergirl #31 *1/2: the only two Red Lanterns I like were in this, Kara and Dex-Starr, but I'm not reading Red Lanterns to see the rest of the story
    I am NOT comics.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Forever Evil #7 gets my vote.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

I gave it to Forever Evil, but who gets second is harder. Both Batman&Frankenstein and Batman Eternal were thoroughly enjoyable.

Note, the "Book of the Week" got 2 stars by CBR Reviews, their lowest rating of the reviews I've seen for this week.

BANNED

Supergirl #31 for me (not sure why it didn't make the poll but I voted other), continues the consistently good quality of this series along with Red Lanterns, I'm eager to read more

Forever Evil #7 reminded me how boring Forever Evil was as an event. A lot of the things that it set up are interesting, but the story contained inside wasn't. Not sure why it was such a long wait, but I wish it hadn't been since this story wasn't worth it. The future looks promising, though.

Justice League #30 was better, but still felt kind of short.

Futures End #3 had some good points and made me look forward to the next issue.

JLA #14 was surprisingly touching, and I really liked how the team was portrayed. It would have worked better if the issues that actually showed them as a team had portrayed them that way, instead of just the excellent Stargirl-Manhunter issues. Johns' run on this title was pretty boring. Lots of potential unrealized

Batman Eternal #7 was fun, but not the series' best installment.

How many suckers . . . I mean, how many people . . . bought into Forever Evil?!? At the moment, it's killing all other books!

I refused to buy that convoluted mess . . . Wonder Woman #31 got my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Avenger View Post
    Supergirl #31 for me (not sure why it didn't make the poll but I voted other), continues the consistently good quality of this series along with Red Lanterns, I'm eager to read more.
    I'm guessing Supergirl's exclusion was a combination of a 15 choice limit for polls and based on past performance, but don't quote me on that.
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 05-26-2014 at 06:50 AM.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Forever Evil #7

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    How many suckers . . . I mean, how many people . . . bought into Forever Evil?!? At the moment, it's killing all other books!

I'm guessing Supergirl's exclusion was a combination of a 15 choice limit for polls and based on past performance, but don't quote me on that.
    It was not a convoluted mess. If not for the art, it would have been perfect. Easily the book of the week!

Supergirl was number four for me, right after Forever Evil, Justice League, and JLA. It's a good book. Very entertaining with really nice artwork.

It wasn't included because Rakzo is biased against Tony Bedard.

edit: Action Ace is right. Wonder Woman had some extremely disturbing and disgusting moments.
    Last edited by Mar-Vell; 05-26-2014 at 07:14 AM.
    WHO DAT?!!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

1. Justice League of America
    2. Forever Evil
    3. Justice League
    4. Futures End
    5. Supergirl

I did buy others but these were my top five.

Extraordinary Member

If I am to rate them this week:

1 - Harley Quinn #6: Loved, loved, loved this issue. I was on the fence on whether to follow this book or not but now I am hooked.
    2 - Futures End #3: The formula for this book is perfect for me. I enjoy the multiple stories being told and cannot wait to see more.
    3 - Batman Eternal #7: I do not have any complaints about this issue itself, but I have a feeling I am going to have a tougher time following the different plots since they seem to not all be followed each issue.
    4 - Wonder Woman #31: Art is great. Writing is great. Some touching moments. Should be ranked higher but for some reason it just did not leave me as entertained as the others this week.

- Justice League comes out on top for me, but only just. I'm really intrigued to see the direction this takes
    - Forever Evil comes in a very close second. They could probably swap depending on my mood. The only problem was everything was pretty much as we expected.
    - New Guardians sits nicely in third place. The only thing that puts it below Justice League and Forever Evil is that it was all kind of pointless by the end.

Batman and Frankenstein, Batman Eternal, Sinestro, Supergirl, Harley Quinn and Future's End round out my purchases. I don't know whether it's because I had so much to read, they were overshadowed by Forever Evil, or whatever, but I found them all strictly average and a little bit forgettable. I can't even remember what happened in half of them.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

Wait, so you're bashing a series you haven't read?

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Vell View Post
    It wasn't included because Rakzo is biased against Tony Bedard.
    First things first, I'm not biased against anything.

Is just that it's such a forgettable title that I forgot about it.

Forever Evil #7 must be great because Rakzo and I both voted it #1. That happens about as often as Peru wins the World Cup.
    I am NOT comics.