Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Looking for some good team-up stories

Hi guys

I just got time to comics again after a year of "life happening".

So my question is. Any recommendations on team-up stories? I am not picky when it comes to writer/artist/period.

So, are you looking for recent team-ups?

Spider-Verse might be up your alley. Basic idea is that it's a team-up between Spider-Man, Spider-Ock and Spider-Men based characters from different universes against Morlun's family.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Well, since the question explicitly requests for the stories to be good, I'd leave that one out.

My all time favorite team-up still is, to this day, MTU #79. More recently, you have Avenging Spider-Man #4 & 5 .Last but not least, don't forget that Spider-Men is also a team-up of sorts.

Astonishing Member

And the 4-Part Spider-Man and Black Widow Team-up, MTU #82 thru #85

Astonishing Member

Avenging Spider-Man #7.

Thanks everyone. I'll look at it

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    So, are you looking for recent team-ups?
    Not in particular. I just like the interaction between PP and other heroes.

The all-time best team-ups then are...

The Death of Jean Dewolfe (Spider-Man and Daredevil in Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man #107-110)
    Spider-Man VS Wolverine one-shot
    Spider-Man/ Human Torch: I'm With Stupid

Marvel recently collected Chris Claremont and John Byrne's Marvel Team Up run into a TPB. That's well-worth checking out.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

The Clone Saga offered up regular team-ups between Spider-Man and the Scarlet Spider!

-Pav, who wishes he could team up with himself...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

I would also highly recommend Marvel Team-Up #100 which I consider one of the very best "one and done" Spidey tales ever and not just Spidey team-ups.

As Mets said, the Claremont/Byrne team up issues are of a very high quality but I would go one step further and recommend you pick up the Essentials collection (if still available) for the Marvel Team Up series; those first 100 issues have many good (and a few lousy) stories and, for the price of the collection, is a very good deal.

The recent Avenging Spider-Man series was basically the most recent version of MTU and, while it wasn't all great, very little of it was poor so worth a peek.

The out of print Frank Miller Spider-Man hardcover has some excellent team-ups including MTU 100, Amazing Spider-Man Annual #14 (Spider-Man & Doctor Strange VS. Doctor Doom), Amazing Spider-Man Annual #15 (Spider-Man & Punisher VS Doctor Octopus) and Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man #26-27 (Frank Miller's first Daredevil art.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The out of print Frank Miller Spider-Man hardcover has some excellent team-ups including MTU 100, Amazing Spider-Man Annual #14 (Spider-Man & Doctor Strange VD Doctor Doom), Amazing Spider-Man Annual #15 (Spider-Man & Punisher VS Doctor Octopus) and Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man #26-27 (Frank Miller's first Daredevil art.)
    These are all excellent stories; I would make that TPB a first stop for anyone looking for great Spidey team up stories.

PS---the Jason Aaron/ Adam Kubert Spidey/Wolverine mini series of a few years back is also very goo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rok View Post
    any recommendations on team-up stories?
    Quote Originally Posted by mister mets View Post
    spider-verse might be up your alley. Basic idea is that it's a team-up between spider-man, spider-ock and spider-men based characters from different universes against morlun's family.
    Quote Originally Posted by ozymandias View Post
    well, since the question explicitly requests for the stories to be good, i'd leave that one out.
    Lol! Lol! Lol!

If you like Ultimate: The Ultimate Team Up series (collected in one paperback) had Spider-Man meeting a bunch of different superheroes (note that a few of the stories aren't canon). Trade paperback 12, Superstars collects three stories where Spider-Man has adventures with Wolverine, Human Torch, and Doctor Strange. The various Marvel Adventures comics also had a lot of team-up stories for Spider-Man (I recall one collection that was just stories about Spidey having adventures with Iron Man and the Hulk).

Astonishing Member

Marvel Team Up vol:1 #48 to 51 have one of my favorites team up story arc from that series.It have Spider-Man teaming up with Iron Man and Doctor Strange.
    And Secret Wars 1 is worth mentioning as well i think.This 12 limited series have Spider-Man teaming up with several heroes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post

And the 4-Part Spider-Man and Black Widow Team-up, MTU #82 thru #85
    Some great suggestions but this is definitely my favorite from MTU. Claremont nailed it.