Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    How? Tie him up and hope no one finds him? Steal some money and pay him not to talk?

Killing someone is the easiest way to ensure they don't give anyone further information. And that is, explicitly, why Ultron killed him.
    Strucker didn't know anything about Ultron. He didn't even know he existed. Strucker had no info that could have harmed Ultron.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Radix View Post
    Why did ultron need to kill him? The only reason the avengers knew about the vibranium was because he killed strucker. They had no reason to think strucker was involved with ultron at all.
    It wasn't over vibranium. It was over Strucker's experiments with AI.

It only encourages the Avengers to dig deeper, because a mystery is begged into being. But... Ultron's dumb that way. Rash. Immature.

"Killing" JARVIS was a rash and immature move, too. Or, taking Klaw's hand.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    Strucker didn't know anything about Ultron. He didn't even know he existed. Strucker had no info that could have harmed Ultron.
    I do believe Kleu was one of Strucker's various evil suppliers, Ultron confronted Stucker to get information about Kleu, and then killed him to delay the Avengers. Ultron also deleted everything about strucker in shield databases to further delay the Avengers to the point they had to look through old boxes until they got lucky and found Kleu's file

Ultimate Member

Was a complete waste

Fantastic Member

In the story it made sense... a dude who knew enough about the Mind Gem/Ultron to be dangerous enough that Ultron figured 'well, best to kill him then.' But there was no point in making that dude Strucker. Casual/non-fans wouldn't even recognise the name/look, fans who do know would just be irritated that another decent villain gets turned into cannon fodder unnecessarily.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Haddock View Post
    In the story it made sense... a dude who knew enough about the Mind Gem/Ultron to be dangerous enough that Ultron figured 'well, best to kill him then.' But there was no point in making that dude Strucker. Casual/non-fans wouldn't even recognise the name/look, fans who do know would just be irritated that another decent villain gets turned into cannon fodder unnecessarily.
    They make use of the fact that he's a Hydra guy with Nazi-leanings, in the movie. And, you're less likely to think he's going to buy it, if it's a preexisting character.

If you're already going to have a Hydra boss, with Nazi-leanings, experimenting on twins... why not use the name?

In case, in twenty years, they want to do a big splashy Strucker movie? Because even if they want to later, they can just bring him back to life.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

It only encourages the Avengers to dig deeper, because a mystery is begged into being. But... Ultron's dumb that way. Rash. Immature.

When did they say Strucker was experimenting with AI? I thought he was just doing biological experiments--the effect of the scepter on people.
    A house is not a home without books or cats.

Yes, baron Strucker was wasted in Avengers 2. Yet that's easily rectified as the death happened off panel. Just say he was resqued by Hydra or that was an LMD, and he's still around for future use in the MCU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Haquim View Post
    Yes, baron Strucker was wasted in Avengers 2. Yet that's easily rectified as the death happened off panel. Just say he was resqued by Hydra or that was an LMD, and he's still around for future use in the MCU.
    the problem is Marvel Agents of SHIELD show confirmed his death. If even had one of the villains step up to replace him. Now I'm fine with them ignoring AoS but I don't think they will. And their introducing Baron Zemo in Civil War and I'm guessing he'll be the new leader of HYDRA.

BANNED

Truly a waste of a good villain as I was hoping for a Statan claw moment or two in the movie,but we got none.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Complete waste. He could have just been a Hydra Boss with some vaguely German name, "Franz Shultz." No need to waste Strucker for what amounted to an extended cameo.

Having said that, I still wonder if he is truly dead or not. I kind of hope it is revealed that Ultron faked the death just to throw the Avengers off his trail.

EDIT: *reads a few posts above* Well that sucks. What a waste of a character.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

And that's how we know Ultron is a dark reflection of Tony Stark, because "rash and immature" is a major part of Tony's character in the MCU and a lot of his character arc is about overcoming that. On topic, though, I'd also say it was a waste of Baron Strucker's character and I hope Baron Zemo performs better in Captain America: Civil War.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCatBastet View Post
    When did they say Strucker was experimenting with AI? I thought he was just doing biological experiments--the effect of the scepter on people.
    When Tony first grabs the scepter in the films opening, he walks past a lot of half assembled robots. He mentions to Banner while creating Ultron that he saw the equipment at the castle, and tells him Strucker must have been working on AI. That's the same equipment Ultron reactivates when he escapes Avengers Tower and makes his base at the castle, and starts building his replicas.

Second-rate Red Skull. Zemo is better anyway. I'm fine that they didn't waste any more time on Strucker. Fans are lucky they actually preserved his look and gave him a monocle. (and a cool hi-tech one!)

I'm surprised that they didn't leave the Devil's Claw laying around in his laboratory.