Thread: Oa

Fantastic Member

Default Oa

I am a little confused, in Justice League and JLA Oa has been mentioned. But last time I checked, it was destroyed by Relic in Light's Out. Granted I havent read GL in a while, but did something happen or is this story over continuity?

Mighty Member

I think it's a story over continuity thing. Oa's still blown up in the GL books.

As said, story over continuity. Mind you, it's not like this is the first time Oas been destroyed. Becoming New Godish figures, they could just recreate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Darkseid doesn't invade with a fleet of ships. Darkseid chills on your couch, embarrasses and humiliates you, and won't leave. And he drinks everything in your fridge.

Amazing Member

Mogo became the new Oa, though when the books picked back up after Convergence the entire GLC is suddenly missing, as is Mogo, so that's an ongoing mystery. But to echo what the others have said, story over continuity.

I didnt even notice. Since Didio anounced this story over continuity stuff i kinda stopped worrying about it. I'm happy they're letting Hitch do his thing.

I think this story over Continuity thing is awesome. I've been reading comics for years (and i do like continuity), but I'm really happy that they're doing stuff for new readers, and that they don't need to read a shitload of issues before starting a book.

Plus, GL is the only book that is still made for long time readers (10+ years), so it doesnt surprise me that sometimes they ignore its continuity.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

Could also just have been an editorial error. Or maybe it was a conscious choice since more people might know Oa as the GL base as opposed to Mogo. If they were teleporting to Mogo people who don't read GL might question why they are going there. Then again it could have just said they were teleporting to the GL base and not mention a planet at all.
    -______
    |____.._|
    -.(-.O-.)
    ..____Ż|
    -ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

BANNED

I'm thinking it was just an error. Given that with one change of a word it would have been fine.

However I think there is a also reference to the Guardians, who are no longer in charge. That's really the bigger flub.

Fantastic Member

Actually I'm pretty sure the Templar Guardians took over after Godhead.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Radix View Post
    Actually I'm pretty sure the Templar Guardians took over after Godhead.
    They didn't take over - they put Hal in charge and went out to learn about the universe with Kyle.

Another possible explanation is nobody bothered to reprogram the rings and they just kinda say the same sorts of things they always said, talking about "Oa" and the "Guardians".

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    They didn't take over - they put Hal in charge and went out to learn about the universe with Kyle.

Another possible explanation is nobody bothered to reprogram the rings and they just kinda say the same sorts of things they always said, talking about "Oa" and the "Guardians".
    Radix's saying that the Templar Guardians took charge after that arc was completed in "Godhead" with the New God cross over. I do recall they met Hal afterwards where he was expecting them to bash him for the problems they had prior like with the Uprising story but instead they congratulated him on doing a good job. Then he decided to go Renegade in order to take the heat off the Corps.

So yeah, the Templar Guardians are possibly in charge since they said that they had done what they wanted whilst with Kyle. Though in all honesty, I think it's that whole "story over continuity" thing or a simple error.
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Darkseid doesn't invade with a fleet of ships. Darkseid chills on your couch, embarrasses and humiliates you, and won't leave. And he drinks everything in your fridge.