View Poll Results: Who is your Favourite X-Force?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Original Squad

14 11.57%
  • The Nicieza Post X-Cutioner's Song Era

15 12.40%
  • Post-AoA Loeb Era

1 0.83%
  • Roadtrip!

20 16.53%
  • Counter X

0 0%
  • Media Milligan X-Force

10 8.26%
  • Liefeld Reboot in Lemon

0 0%
  • Black Ops Kyle & Yost Era

24 19.83%
  • Remender's Uncanny X-Force

22 18.18%
  • X-Treme X-Men X-Force

2 1.65%
  • Uncanny X-Force (Vol.2)

3 2.48%
  • Cable & X-Force

2 1.65%
  • Spurrier X-Force

7 5.79%
  • Other (?)

1 0.83%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Happy Birthday Fabian Nicieza!!!

Thanks for co-creating the original X-Force

Quote Originally Posted by ou·tré View Post
    I liked the Apocalypse story in UXF and I liked Spurrier's X-Force, but I need an X-Force with Moonstar, Siryn, Warpath, Boom Boom, and Rictor. Feral for the fun of it.
    Yes! This please!

Re-posting from the Domino thread: concept art and possible lineup for Cinematic X-Force

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

That team with Deadpool as a third party/antagonist of sorts would make me super happy.

Agreed. I like this lineup. Would love to see Psylocke and Archangel and some of the newer X-Forcers eventually, but starting at the beginning is always good. And this lineup was the beginning, minus a few other players. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing Sunspot again, though they kind of ruined his potential by putting him in DoFP. At least IMO. His visual aesthetic when he used his power was too similar to Human Torch (as opposed to being more distinct like in the comics), and he was a very light-skinned Hispanic guy as opposed to a dark skinned Brazilian. Like Archangel they could always throw out the prior version, and I suppose they'd probably do the same with Warpath since the guy who played him in DoFP was tiny and not nearly the hulking powerhouse that he should be in this film (again, at least IMO).

Having said that, with a New Mutants film in production I have no idea how all of this would work now. I'm sure their goal is to create a spinoff franchise with that property, in which case they can't have Sam running off to join X-Force right away. So they may want to have NM and XF be completely independent casts, in which case the rosters would have to be different. Or maybe NM will lead right into XF, with Sam leaving the former group. That could work, but IMO Sam seems like an odd one to have go running off to this more militant team without explanation. He's hardly the gritty, violent type. And unlike the comics where the whole book changed over after the X-men were presumed dead and Cable came in to mentor the team, you don't have that kind of space to tell the story in a couple of 2-hour long films.

So I'd imagine the cast may look different by the time we get an X-Force film. At least slightly. We'll see I suppose. Depends on who they go with for New Mutants cast-wise and whether they want to do multiple NM films. Hopefully they have a plan for how all of these things will interlace with one another. If they don't have that by now, FOX is run by idiots.

I forgot about this thread! I just added it to my subs so that won't happen again...

I thought Warpath looked alright in DOFP. I always liked him better when he was drawn smaller after AOA.

He doesnt have to be a hulk to be strong and fast. His powers are more than his strength.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

What line-up would you like to see in an X-force relaunch?
    I think X-force would have to go in a different direction from recent volumes otherwise it would be way too similar to Bunn's Uncanny X-men.
    There's also the fact so many of the former members already have roles in other team books (Cable and Deadpool in UA, Psylocke, Fantomex, Archangel and maybe Elixir in UXM, Sunspot in New Avengers, Laura in All-New X-men, Forge, Colossus and Storm in Extraordinary etc).
    The most well known remaining (alive) members I kind think of are Moonstar, Cannonball, Domino, Boom Boom, Warpath, Rictor, Shatterstar, Syrin (not really herself atm, though), Wolfsbane, Bishop, Marrow and Hope.
    Add Sage and I think a team of Moonstar as leader and Sam as second in command + Bishop, Domino, Boom Boom and Warpath could be really fun. They could be an actual secret team handling sh*t before they grow too big as opposed to what I assume the new UXM will be (well-known enough to make their enemies feel threatened by their existence).
    This or have Moonstar as leader of a younger team (Surge, Dust, Hellion, Cipher etc) acting as mutant revolutionaries/militants (This would be similar to an idea I had for New Mutants, but X-force makes sense as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Gambit, Rogue, Sage, Madrox, Layla and Bishop.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    I thought Warpath looked alright in DOFP. I always liked him better when he was drawn smaller after AOA.

He doesnt have to be a hulk to be strong and fast. His powers are more than his strength.
    Yeah, they could play up his tracker/scout abilities (heightened senses including enhanced sight) from DoFP as well as his strength, speed and reflexes without making him huge. In fact, if they did so it would allow them carry over Colossus from the Deadpool film and make him part of the team as the big powerhouse guy. I'd say at this point that seems kind of likely TBH, assuming DP is a box office success. It would make sense for them to fast-track DP 2 and slot it in the place of Fantastic Four 2 now, and throw in Cable (maybe Domino too) and bring back Colossus and Negasonic Teenage Warhead. Then spin them all off into an X-Force film with a few other characters like Warpath, Feral, etc. So kind of combining the proposed cast from the 2013 script and meshing it with the DP cast. Maybe even bring back Blink, Sunspot or Bishop from DoFP since their parts were small and I believe all actors did sign contracts for multi-picture deals. Especially if they use the same actor for Warpath.

art by Goto24

What line-up would you like to see in an X-force relaunch? I think X-force would have to go in a different direction from recent volumes otherwise it would be way too similar to Bunn's Uncanny X-men.
    You're probably right, so I'll go with a somewhat retro version: Written by Fabian Nicieza and illustrated by, hmmmm... Marc Silvestri? Would people buy it for his art?

01. Cable - Leader, of course.
    02. Domino - Second in command.
    03. Deadpool - Sales-booster!
    04. Shatterstar - He's not busy!
    05. Rictor - Love interest for Shatty?
    06. Typhoid Mary - Why not, right?
    07. Feral - Concept art design.

X-Force
    Cannonball - Leader
    Boom Boom
    Siryn
    Rictor
    Warpath
    Bedlam
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Been quiet on the X-Force front since the buzz over the concept art died down...

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Been quiet on the X-Force front since the buzz over the concept art died down...
    Yea... well we aren't going to get a book any time soon because of Uncanny X-Men right now and the movie stuff is all just speculation. Maybe they'll be some easter eggs/cameos/stinger trailer in Deadpool to give us something to talk about. One month from today!