View Poll Results: Who is your Favourite X-Force?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Original Squad

14 11.57%
  • The Nicieza Post X-Cutioner's Song Era

15 12.40%
  • Post-AoA Loeb Era

1 0.83%
  • Roadtrip!

20 16.53%
  • Counter X

0 0%
  • Media Milligan X-Force

10 8.26%
  • Liefeld Reboot in Lemon

0 0%
  • Black Ops Kyle & Yost Era

24 19.83%
  • Remender's Uncanny X-Force

22 18.18%
  • X-Treme X-Men X-Force

2 1.65%
  • Uncanny X-Force (Vol.2)

3 2.48%
  • Cable & X-Force

2 1.65%
  • Spurrier X-Force

7 5.79%
  • Other (?)

1 0.83%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Yeah, looking like Deadpool (the film) is about all we have to look forward to as X-Force fans...

Well, in the comics you've got Cable and Deadpool both in Uncanny Avengers. So that's something. Sunspot has an Avengers team too. And in the movies there's always the possibility that we get some cameos in Wolverine 3, especially if based on Old Man Logan. We could get some future versions of some X-Forcers like we did in DoFP. And, of course, assuming Deadpool gets a sequel and it's fast-tracked into that Fantastic Four 2 spot, we are all but guaranteed to see Cable in it. Possibly Domino too.

So I'd say there's plenty to be optimistic about as an X-Force fan. Just have to be patient for a little longer...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    So I'd say there's plenty to be optimistic about as an X-Force fan. Just have to be patient for a little longer...
    I earlier years I would have been, but not anymore (at least not in the comics). The way the last X-Force book sold I don't expect to see one anytime soon. Rob saying the X-Force script was screwed by the upcoming X-Men film didn't help, either...

True. If Marvel wanted to they could have a kickass, high-selling X-Force book, though. I mean, put the creative team from Uncanny Inhumans (Soule & McNiven) on a relaunched Uncanny X-Force with Cable, Domino, Deadpool, Psylocke, etc., and it would sell easily twice as much as Uncanny Inhumans. Guaranteed.

What I don't get is how excited everyone seems to be about Uncanny X-Men. If that book said "X-Force" (which is, basically, what it is) at the top they wouldn't give a shit...

True. If Marvel wanted to they could have a kickass, high-selling X-Force book, though. I mean, put the creative team from Uncanny Inhumans (Soule & McNiven) on a relaunched Uncanny X-Force with Cable, Domino, Deadpool, Psylocke, etc., and it would sell easily twice as much as Uncanny Inhumans. Guaranteed.
    Marvel is more interested to sell this high-selling X-Force book under Uncanny Avengers brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    What I don't get is how excited everyone seems to be about Uncanny X-Men. If that book said "X-Force" (which is, basically, what it is) at the top they wouldn't give a shit...
    I think they would. X-force was a pretty big deal until Marvel decided to make two X-force books at the same time (at least one being pretty bad, can't say much about Cable & X-force because I didn't read it for long) and diluted the franchise.
    Spurrier's run was good, but it just wasn't very marketable, not with that art and the line-up could have had some more popular characters.
    I still think X-force could sell well. It just needs another push to make up for the way the team was mishandled after Remender's run.

I think the same about X-factor. It was a steady seller but the All-New relaunch totally killed the book. I mostly blame the team roster for that.

What did the most damage to X-Force I feel, is when Remender's run ended and they tried to milk the brand with two books. That sucked a lot of momentum out of it. Spurrier's run, however enjoyable it was, hardly stood a chance.

I didn't know this thread was here! Favorite X-satellite book ever. It always houses some of my favorite characters and concepts.

Despite what people say, I honestly just don't see the new Uncanny team like X-Force in any way. More like Scott's Extinction team, which I guess some also likened to XF but was still it's own thing entirely.

It'd be great if a new team could back in some fashion and it doesn't even have to be a kill squad necessarily. I'll always enjoy the more proactive/espionage feel some of the runs had though.

Bedlam. <3 <3 <3 <3

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    It just needs another push to make up for the way the team was mishandled after Remender's run.
    I don't think X-Force was mishandles, at all. Cable and X-Force was great. Spurrier's X-Force was pretty damn good, too...

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    I don't think X-Force was mishandles, at all. Cable and X-Force was great. Spurrier's X-Force was pretty damn good, too...
    Uncanny X-force vol.2 was pretty bad and as I said, Spurrier's X-Force was good, but not the most marketable.
    I do think they mishandled X-force. They should have chosen one strong direction and creative team to follow Remender's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Marvel is more interested to sell this high-selling X-Force book under Uncanny Avengers brand.
    Good point. And Uncanny Avengers #4 today was pretty damn awesome. Deadpool gets some good moments to shine, Rogue is a badass in it and Cable is beyond badass. To the point where his wallet just needs to say "Bad MotherF@#%+r" on it. The way he deals with Shredded Man is very cold blooded and absolutely in character for him. Reminds me of the old days when he first came on the scene, capping Sauron in the back or Black Tom in an elevator shaft. Good stuff.

I'm optimistic about Gambit showing up next issue as a result. Gerry Duggan seems to have a great handle on the X-characters in his book.

Good point. And Uncanny Avengers #4 today was pretty damn awesome. Deadpool gets some good moments to shine, Rogue is a badass in it and Cable is beyond badass. To the point where his wallet just needs to say "Bad MotherF@#%+r" on it. The way he deals with Shredded Man is very cold blooded and absolutely in character for him. Reminds me of the old days when he first came on the scene, capping Sauron in the back or Black Tom in an elevator shaft. Good stuff.

I'm optimistic about Gambit showing up next issue as a result. Gerry Duggan seems to have a great handle on the X-characters in his book.
    Can`t say that I like UA so far. Duggan handles QS, Deadpool and Cable really good. Do not care about others so far, I really Gambit will be written right in the next issue.

I also like his Human Torch and Rogue. Doctor Voodoo is okay, if a little on the boring side. His magic powers can be interesting, though, and make for some interesting stories and situations. Synapse and Old Man Rogers are about the only ones I don't really care about.

Am optmistic about Gambit's appearance next issue. We'll see...

I also like his Human Torch and Rogue. Doctor Voodoo is okay, if a little on the boring side. His magic powers can be interesting, though, and make for some interesting stories and situations. Synapse and Old Man Rogers are about the only ones I don't really care about.

Am optmistic about Gambit's appearance next issue. We'll see...
    Wait. What? Did I read that read right? You don't care about Old Man Rogers?
    Where is the real Jackraow21 and what did you do with him?
    "This is me being reasonable"