Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Dc October launches.

So apparently Dan Didio said in the All Access video that October is a big month for the DCU. Do we think that means more books? Mystic U comes out in October I believe and Dark Universe may be back on track for October. Aside from that what else could we get.

Booster Gold- this seems like a possibility since I read somewhere that Difio said this was a given.
    Shazam- Perhaps Frank and Johns have time to finally do this now that Earth One is out.
    Multiverse anthology- I think king said we would see something like this.
    Legion- hopefully they are ready to bring the Legion back. They seem to be popping up a lot lately and maygetting primed for their own book.

Astonishing Member

Nevermind!

My guess is Batman Eternal Year Two, and a Supergirl book. And possible Peter Tomasi taking over Detective Comics.

I'm pretty sure Supergirl will be one of the launches.
    And that Marc Silvestri Batman book.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Eternal 2 - Robin Anniversary
    Mystic U - Which Sounds Interesting
    Dark U. - Has potential like JLD but hopefully the characters and story telling is better

DC Spy Team book - This is just my hope that Dick Grayson gets a team book which he has not really had in the New 52 which is criminal when you think about all the teams his led and been apart of.

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    Eternal 2 - Robin Anniversary
    Mystic U - Which Sounds Interesting
    Dark U. - Has potential like JLD but hopefully the characters and story telling is better

DC Spy Team book - This is just my hope that Dick Grayson gets a team book which he has not really had in the New 52 which is criminal when you think about all the teams his led and been apart of.
    I would love to see King do a revival of Checkmate but instead of using super-hero-ey characters like Fire and Green Lantern, bring back folks like Nemesis, King Faraday, Black Thorn, Human Target, Nathaniel Dusk and Jonny Double.

And I know Brenden Fletcher is already on three titles but I think his writing would definitely fit a Teen Titans or Young Justice type of team.

King on Checkmate! Shut up and take my money.

Also hoping for: Shazam, Legion and Supergirl. I'd also take a Booster Gold series too.

DC has really upped their game lately.

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    Grayson is basically a spy team book though. I don't think DC is going to double dip with him running two spy teams.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

• Eternal 2
    • Supergirl
    • Another Weekly starring B-list characters
    • Marc Silvestri Batman (maybe Tomasi is writing (that'd be awesome))
    • Batwoman
    • Mystic U
    • Probably another Youth Team

Fantastic Member

A Spoiler series, please let there be Spoiler series. But maybe not set in Gotham which iiuc is currently peppered by so darn many heroes that I fully expect one of their titles issues to be simply the hero patrolling the city, ready to battle some criminal meanies but always arriving just after one of their fellow heroes has saved the day.

I agree that Supergirl is a safe bet. Myself I'd rather see Lois Lane.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Ninja Viking View Post
    So apparently Dan Didio said in the All Access video that October is a big month for the DCU. Do we think that means more books?
    Maybe, but maybe it's going to be an event month, along the lines of Zero Month and Villains Month, but probably with a theme related to "DCYou" (diversity/variety) and/or the renewed multiverse. If I remember right, those events are usually in September--but, given the relocation of DC's editorial offices, maybe they just needed an extra month to plan for this one.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

-Eternal Season 2(Guesses for the writing team: Scott Snyder,James Tynion...uhh, no clue. Scott said they wanted new writers on this but both tim seeley and ray fawkes said there are plans so they may just go with the same team.)
    -Dark Universe(Bold prediction: Brian Buccalento and Francis Manpaul(I'm guessing they are on it since Francis isn't doing any art on the current detective art and we have heard no word about what book he will do next)
    -Captain Marvel by Jeff Parker and Doc Shaner(Both of them have been teasing they are doing a series and Doc has no ongoing he is currently doing art on so I see it being likely for sure)
    -Mystic U(Writer already confirmed this)
    -New Jeff King title(Writer said he has more DC work coming soon, most likely something set in the multiverse)
    -New Tom King title(I think Tom may have mentioned this? I have no source but it's possible he may just be part of the Batman Eternal s2 writing team.)

Maybe
    More Convergence spinoffs(I've seen dan didio say they have other convergence books that are going to be actual books so I see them launching them in October.)

Dark Knight 3's launch?(Maybe too early)

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I am hoping for a Poison Ivy solo title haha. But I can't wait to see what new ones do launch. Nice stuff coming out so far.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    -Eternal Season 2(Guesses for the writing team: Scott Snyder,James Tynion...uhh, no clue. Scott said they wanted new writers on this but both tim seeley and ray fawkes said there are plans so they may just go with the same team.)
    -Dark Universe(Bold prediction: Brian Buccalento and Francis Manpaul(I'm guessing they are on it since Francis isn't doing any art on the current detective art and we have heard no word about what book he will do next)
    -Captain Marvel by Jeff Parker and Doc Shaner(Both of them have been teasing they are doing a series and Doc has no ongoing he is currently doing art on so I see it being likely for sure)
    -Mystic U(Writer already confirmed this)
    -New Jeff King title(Writer said he has more DC work coming soon, most likely something set in the multiverse)
    -New Tom King title(I think Tom may have mentioned this? I have no source but it's possible he may just be part of the Batman Eternal s2 writing team.)

Maybe
    More Convergence spinoffs(I've seen dan didio say they have other convergence books that are going to be actual books so I see them launching them in October.)

Dark Knight 3's launch?(Maybe too early)
    The Shazam looks very possible.
    Between how long it's taken for Johns and Frank to get theirs started and the response to the Convergence issues, Parker and Shaner would be a good decision, I think.