Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charles J. Baserap View Post
    You're a new reader, hear the new Action Comics is part one of a brand new jumping on point, and head into the store to get it only to find you needed to read a preview first, see notes to check out other issues not even out yet, and then find out the story is going through several other books you had no idea you'd need to read to get the full story; suddenly, your $3.99 a month has just turned into 4 or 5 times that. For ME, already getting those book, not a problem. But for the alleged new readers they're trying to court? That might be a bit of a turn off.
    This is me, and I only intended to buy the first Truth issue, just to see what the early days after his outting were like, only to find we were umpteen days after the fact, being pointed to other issues for the missing days. I guess I could be pisd but I really like a Superman who isn't all-powerful, and I'm kinda interested to see where the arc goes - well willing to give it a couple more issues (upto how ever many will be found in the first trade paperback). I then pre-ordered a couple of issues of Sups and Sups/WW too . Maybe if Bruce was still Batman I wouldn't be so willing to turn my original $4 into a possible $70+ but with Smallville and Judge Dredd both ended I've got a bit of money spare - plus tonights Euro Lottery Win.

if Bruce DOES return, can we expect to get a Superman/Batman issue that's just them sat in a cafe with Clark answering Bruce's "so what's been going on with you" question.
    Last edited by zwixxx; 06-09-2015 at 07:35 AM.