Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charles J. Baserap View Post
    You're a new reader, hear the new Action Comics is part one of a brand new jumping on point, and head into the store to get it only to find you needed to read a preview first, see notes to check out other issues not even out yet, and then find out the story is going through several other books you had no idea you'd need to read to get the full story; suddenly, your $3.99 a month has just turned into 4 or 5 times that. For ME, already getting those book, not a problem. But for the alleged new readers they're trying to court? That might be a bit of a turn off.
    This is me, and I only intended to buy the first Truth issue, just to see what the early days after his outting were like, only to find we were umpteen days after the fact, being pointed to other issues for the missing days. I guess I could be pisd but I really like a Superman who isn't all-powerful, and I'm kinda interested to see where the arc goes - well willing to give it a couple more issues (upto how ever many will be found in the first trade paperback). I then pre-ordered a couple of issues of Sups and Sups/WW too . Maybe if Bruce was still Batman I wouldn't be so willing to turn my original $4 into a possible $70+ but with Smallville and Judge Dredd both ended I've got a bit of money spare - plus tonights Euro Lottery Win.

if Bruce DOES return, can we expect to get a Superman/Batman issue that's just them sat in a cafe with Clark answering Bruce's "so what's been going on with you" question.
    Last edited by zwixxx; 06-09-2015 at 07:35 AM.

All-New Member

love this issue. a depowered superman is still super in my eyes.. and infinitely more interesting

Ack! I had to go and be stupid so I couldn't discuss this with you guys last week, but I loved it! Thought it was virtually perfect. The "Kentville" city block is a concept that I really hope does not go away (though I think the dirty cops will do some damage next issue). The idea of one particular city block kinda dedicated to Superman is one I can't say I've ever seen "characterized" in regards to Metropolis. I'd love to see it go on well beyond this storyline.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Ack! I had to go and be stupid so I couldn't discuss this with you guys last week, but I loved it! Thought it was virtually perfect. The "Kentville" city block is a concept that I really hope does not go away (though I think the dirty cops will do some damage next issue). The idea of one particular city block kinda dedicated to Superman is one I can't say I've ever seen "characterized" in regards to Metropolis. I'd love to see it go on well beyond this storyline.
    Welcome back! I wondered where you were. How was the food in the Phantom Zone?

Bland but still gives you heartburn!
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Bland but still gives you heartburn!
    Hopefully Bat/sup this week provides more flavor sans the heartburn!

Not gonna spoil anything...but again...in Pak we trust!

Well, read AC #41 and I'm already done with 'Truth' The same standard and politically correct safe Big Bad Evil USA vs. Superman. This time, instead of the USA declaring war on Superman like in Superman Unchained, it's the Metropolis Police about to burn down a block of buildings because that dirty alien (Aren't we all just terrible xenophobic bastards, people?! Down with us!) superman used to live there....

*sigh*

At least I don't have subscriptions to all the Super-titles...

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    That's probably gonna help, but it also depends of how long "Truth" is gonna last.
    Kuder has done a decent job staying on time for the last year. And again, the Convergence event gave him a two month cushion. Why would it be a problem if it hasn't been thus far?

I'm glad others are having issues with the timing of things. I really dig the idea of this story and this issue was pretty cool, but I was really confused and frustrated trying to find where it all started, especially with he references to issues not out yet. I actually came to straight up ask where the start was, but now see it seems to have been delayed?

It didn't help that the way all the Super books were labeled Truth in the solicits I first thought it was one big story going through them, like Doomed, so I found it annoying there was no numbering.

While on the subject of confusion, does it bug anyone he seemingly has three costumes now? The shirt in Truth, which I understand, but then the new one from Johns and the original New 52 one in JLA. I'm guessing the latter is just Hitch needing lead time before the costume changes happened?

Part one is not delayed. They are purposely running the story out of order. (Perhaps part of the decision was based on giving the team more time, I don't know, but this is the plan.)

Each title is dealing with a different aspect of the story. They are separate, only connected by theme. They have the same backdrop, which helps to propel plot and character.

They want to have their cake and eat it too. I don't blame them. They are afraid people will stay away if they have to buy all four issues a month just to get the story. But, on the other hand, they want to prop up the sales of all books. Their hope is that people will pick up all four books based on the concept, not out of obligation.

I actually think it's a good idea. I don't mind waiting a few weeks to get "part one." Again, there is not part one. These issues do not link solidly together. Each has their own plot.

Action Comics: Superman's continual attempts to take on the big action oriented parts of his job. (And how it affects his local community)
    Batman/Superman: Lex and Batbunny.
    Superman/Wonder Woman: Wonder Woman and the missing citizens of Smallville.
    Superman: The smaller character moments that will be the heart of the overall story.