Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default Real world flaw in Guardians of the Galaxy

So I finally saw GOTG over the weekend and I noticed something very early on that creates a continuity problem with the real world. In the scene where Starlord steals the orb and is caught by the guards, he calls one of the guards a Ninja Turtle. This creates a problem in that the Ninja Turtles were created as a reaction to Frank Miller's Daredevil run at that time (in fact, his origin plays a huge role in theirs as well). Since Daredevil already exists in the MCU, that would mean the Ninja Turtles couldn't. Am I just being too picky or did anyone else notice this? Keeping in mind this is a movie where aliens speak english and half of them are human. So maybe I'm making too much out of this.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    So I finally saw GOTG over the weekend and I noticed something very early on that creates a continuity problem with the real world. In the scene where Starlord steals the orb and is caught by the guards, he calls one of the guards a Ninja Turtle. This creates a problem in that the Ninja Turtles were created as a reaction to Frank Miller's Daredevil run at that time (in fact, his origin plays a huge role in theirs as well). Since Daredevil already exists in the MCU, that would mean the Ninja Turtles couldn't. Am I just being too picky or did anyone else notice this? Keeping in mind this is a movie where aliens speak english and half of them are human. So maybe I'm making too much out of this.
    You just kind of have to accept that Peter Quill is from our world and that his backstory is a total lie. Most of the references he makes should make no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    You just kind of have to accept that Peter Quill is from our world and that his backstory is a total lie. Most of the references he makes should make no sense.
    Or more simply the Ninja Turtles exist in MU but have different comic origin(consider that the parody origin of the TMNT was something i knew only later in my life at age of 18, before that only origin i knew was of the toon)