Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Does anyone hate how anime like the mech looks. I mean looks right out an anime. Meh. I'm also wondering if they'll explain why Dick didn't take back the mantle.

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

I don't like it. I wonder how long the Mech Batman will last. I'm turned off by it but will give it a shot.

Holy hell man, I just can't wait! Also i have a feeling it isn't just me, Capullo really DOES keep gettting sharper and sharper. Looks amazing to me at least, mech and all...way to go team Batman!

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

I'm worried this is going to kinda hurt sales for the Batman comics.

Quote Originally Posted by agentofthebat View Post
    Well a lot of people will be interested in the concept of Gordon as Batman at least. So first couple of issues will def sell. If the sales drop substantially they can always bring Bruce back earlier than planned. I for one am interested in where are they going with this, it's definitely gonna feel like a brand new book from the looks of it. The creative team has more than earned my trust.

I know Bruce will be back eventually, might as well sit back and enjoy the ride.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Not. Even. Close.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Looks good!! In Snyder and Capullo we trust!
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

There are arguably more anime fans than comic book fans. If there is any crossover it should boost sales, as the flagship Batman book will always sell 80,000+ even if Lobdell is writing it

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

I'll be humming the themes to Robocop and Pacific Rim the whole time while reading, oh yeah

Definitely getting an Appleseed vibe from bat bunny. I'll read it as with the rest of DC this month but I'd be surprised if it's for me.

Amazing Member

Default (SPOILERS) Batman #41 (SPOILERS)

Thought this was a great issue, the Gordon Batman story line is off to a great start. I thought these moments were particularly good:

Screenshot_2015-06-10-08-00-44.jpg

Screenshot_2015-06-10-08-01-02.jpg

Screenshot_2015-06-10-08-01-33.jpg
    Last edited by Spork; 06-10-2015 at 12:20 AM.

Someone please tell me that the Twix ad went on that first scan in the print edition, where he says "Why don't we just slap an ad on it, and call it a day?"

Spectacular Member

I like this, can't describe the vibe I get from it... It's like TAS/TNBA meets The Batman With a dash of Superior SM... I like it a lot hopefully editorial lets this go past issue 50 and if Bruce has to comeback it'll be in Tec' or something. I hope Snyder can give us something at least close to Black Mirror

That was really good ! Jim Gordon is super fun as Batman despite being like what ? 60 ? haha And his Batman suit, not the robot, is reaaaaly pretty !

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Someone please tell me that the Twix ad went on that first scan in the print edition, where he says "Why don't we just slap an ad on it, and call it a day?"
    The things you miss when reading the digital edition. Surely it must be that sequence though - it'd actually look pretty effective with the four images side by side rather than down the page.

I was tickled to death by the Zur-en-Arrh colour scheme.

Since Julia is going by an assumed name, and has come into the team via Lucius Fox (and that probably via Alfred), I think it very likely that she's the Bat-family's eye on proceedings from the inside. It's interesting to speculate how big the Bat-family might be at the moment. Could be as small as her and Alfred.

And the last panel of the issue is a heck of a cliffhanger.