Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

For he and Capullo's part, they want to turn their new take on "Batman" into an exciting and different version of the character because they know it will only be temporary. [Snyder:] "Batman #50 is coming, and it comes at the same time as the 'Batman v Superman' movie. If you think the status quo is never coming back...come on. So let's try some things that are a love letter to Bruce and the mythology. You have to return things to center eventually, but let's get out there and tell a new story about what makes Batman great," he said comparing their new take to Dan Slott's "Superior Spider-Man" or Ed Brubaker casting Bucky as Captain America in that those stories only went to prove how the original character is the only face meant for the role.
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...erican-vampire
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mgoldman14 View Post
    Okay, I have been in a huge comic hiatus because I had school and I had to travel alot so far this summer for skateboarding but I caught up on the Batman series and now i'm up to 41 where Gordon is Batman.....

WHAT THE ****?

Someone please tell me that this isn't the end of Bruce.... Why Gordon? Why not Dick? -- I know that Snyder killed off Joker a while ago before he returned to in Endgame but it's been confirmed that Bruce is dead...

So can someone shine some light on my pissed off mood please? Batman is my favorite, I don't like seeing this whole new high tech suit Gordon wears either. Don't get me wrong, I love Gordon, as a cop.
    I asked this same question. Logically in universe (yes I'm applying logic to a fictional construct) Dick would take over the cowl, but the real answer is that Scott wanted to tell this story with Gordon as Batman. I think its silly myself, but I'm willing to follow it to see where Synder will take it.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    I asked this same question. Logically in universe (yes I'm applying logic to a fictional construct) Dick would take over the cowl, but the real answer is that Scott wanted to tell this story with Gordon as Batman. I think its silly myself, but I'm willing to follow it to see where Synder will take it.
    Also, Dick's status quo in Spyral in Grayson, which is popular, would not allow for Dick to stop to be Batman. He was just Batman recently in universe and is tied up on a special mission Bruce asked him to take.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Also in the latest issue of Grayson, Dick did not know Batman was dead and in a very recent interview he won't until he returns to Gotham in issue 12 I think

Spectacular Member

#50 is so far away god damn. Any suggestions on what to read besides batman?

I would still read Batman but I also recommend Grayson, Batgirl, black Canary, Action, Aquaman, JL, and JLA. The last two still have Bruce as Batman.Robin and Gotham Academy are good too

Spectacular Member

Yeah I like Grayson, it's interesting. For some reason I can't get into JL, I don't like team ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Mgoldman14 View Post
    #50 is so far away god damn.
    No it's not. We're on Issue 42. There's only 8 issues left. And that's if he comes back at issue 50. And all indications say he'll be back by issue 50 (meaning possibly before). I'll never understand why people freak out after status quo changes. It's why we're more likely to get the same thing issue after issue, year after year.

All-New Member

I too have been on a long comic hiatus. I didn't even buy the book, and I won't until Bruce is back and settled in.

Storylines like this may be good for existing fans, but I don't think they are as good for new/returning readers.

I look forward to buying Batman books six or so months from now.

iMan 42s

The new status quo just isn't worth freaking out about. Gordon just isn't Batman and I know that's pretty much what Bruce fans will say but he really just isn't Batman. This isn't a Batman book at the moment. It's Gordon in each suit plain and simple. Not worth freaking out about and worth the ride if only to keep up with current events. You aren't missing much and what you do is only a Google search away.

This is probably the easiest to swallow shakeup I've seen in awhile honestly.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Dick has already been Batman, so I'm glad he's not the one under the armour, also, he's quite busy in grayson, and it's great that's it's staying that way.

Gordon as bats is a crazy idea, and I'm all for it. So far, it's been interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    Dick has already been Batman, so I'm glad he's not the one under the armour, also, he's quite busy in grayson, and it's great that's it's staying that way.

Gordon as bats is a crazy idea, and I'm all for it. So far, it's been interesting.
    I totally agree, i find this run to be quite original and wholly refreshing! To those who disagree, i respect your opinion, duly noted. Bring on #42, cant wait till tomarrow!

Eh, this issue was fine. Not bad but nothing really special. Can't help but feel like we've seen this all before and the dynamic isn't as attention grabbing as it was in the past.
    Formerly known as YMCMB