Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Geoff Johns Talks Waging "Darkseid War" in "Justice League," Falling in Love with Mister Miracle

DC's Chief Creative Officer talks the beginning of "Darkseid War," and how the event story ignited a love for Jack Kirby's Fourth World characters.

Full article here.

TheHighFather

The Source weeps and its flame grows cold.

I'd be interested in reading a New Gods book by Johns. His stories appeal to me and he's the best at revamping concepts to make them more contemporary while keeping the embodiment of what made them interesting in the first place.

I'll be interested to see what he says about his epiphany regarding Diana. In past interviews for Shazam or Aquaman or Green Lantern, he's always dived in and shared some of his understanding and vision for the character. I'd like to read about that when the time is right, because 1) equal time for the "amazons" of the DCU and 2) this will be an important story for her and her world and likely set the stage for what's to come for a while. (If we're lucky - I'm not the biggest fan of the current run.)

Grail is Darkseid's daughter, eh?

I guess that makes her Orion and Kalibak's half-sister.

I always like Geoff Johns and the majority of his stuff. Some things I don't like but generally I really like him as a writer. Also, when he does a character he goes and finds their 'voice'. Like now with Mr. Miracle. Though now I'm torn as I want him on so many books now. I want him to keep doing Justice League but also Shazam and now maybe a New Gods book like say Mister Miracle.

Though I do wonder if he will get a chance to finish off his Seven Seas storyline. This kind of shows though... someone needs to clone Geoff Johns and put them on several books.
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Darkseid doesn't invade with a fleet of ships. Darkseid chills on your couch, embarrasses and humiliates you, and won't leave. And he drinks everything in your fridge.

BANNED

Wasn't it established that the New Gods were outside the changes in the multiverse? If so, why do the details of things like how Orion and Scott got switched get changed? And why would Darkseid wait till now to ask Scott about his clothes?

This is rather my way of saying that the notion that the New Gods are outside the changes is a bit far-fetched and unrealistic given how they are portrayed everywhere else.

ce2756

I was thoroughly stoked reading Justice League #41. I haven't enjoyed a comic so much in years. Each page was a feast for the eyes, and the narrative was an act of completion for the visuals. I can't wait for #42...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for a New Gods book or Wonder Woman book (with a new gods arc) from Johns.

Get Michael Golden to do the covers. That would be hot and a blast from the past!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
    The first thing he asks Mister Miracle -- "What's up with the costume?" "Why are you wearing yellow and green and red?"
    There's nothing I love more than dusting characters off. That's my favorite thing to do. If there's one person who didn't like Mister Miracle before, or didn't know who he was, and walks away from #41 going, "he's cool," then we've done our job.
    LOL, oh Geoff. I think he's probably the most consistent writer in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Wasn't it established that the New Gods were outside the changes in the multiverse? If so, why do the details of things like how Orion and Scott got switched get changed? And why would Darkseid wait till now to ask Scott about his clothes?

This is rather my way of saying that the notion that the New Gods are outside the changes is a bit far-fetched and unrealistic given how they are portrayed everywhere else.
    Only Anti Monitor is outside the changes from Flashpoint
    Maybe Spectre too

Hope Johns do some justice to Mister Miracle and hope for him to write a MM's series. Hope to see Big Barda too.

Johns is still one of my favorite writers and I'd be thrilled beyond belief if he wrote a New Gods series.

Looking forward to this.

In regards to the New Gods being outside of the DCU, I took it to mean that they're like gods to even characters like Superman, Wonder Woman and Shazam.

New Gods > superheroes > mere mortals
    Engaging discussion of comics 10 years old or older http://classiccomics.boards.net

Superman > new gods > mortals.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post

The New Gods are outside of the local multiverse in that there is only one single version of them. However, they are still affected by multiversal changes like everyone else.