All-New Member

Default Moongirl and Devil Dinosaur. Final Issue?

So, rather unexpectedly I am seeing that #47 is the final issue of moongirl and devil dinosaur. I understand the paperbacks dont sell all that great but the scholastic versions do very well. I wish they gave her the common courtesy to finish with #50 like they're giving to Squirrel girl.

I am a little disappointed and am wondering that, outside of her upcoming animated show, will we see a second series of her comic book being worked on and released sometime next year or alongside her animated show. I really do not want to see her series come to an end regardless of what she has on the horizon.
    Last edited by Captain July; 09-28-2019 at 03:32 PM.

I would imagine that she'll return in time for the cartoon, yeah. Since she's older in the cartoon though, I won't be surprised if the first issue has her aged up somehow.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

To be fair, 47 issues for a book like Moon Girl is really, really good. A brand new character of colour aimed at kids, that has early cancellation written all over it, but it hung on. There are characters who have been around for decades and are in the movies that haven't been able to carry a solo that long. I subbed to it for my niece when it first was announced, kind of expecting it to be cancelled after 6 and switch her over to Squirrel Girl or something but it never happened. And now they have a bunch of trades that will no doubt continue to be sold at the Scholastic fairs even though the series is cancelled, (same with Squirrel Girl) which will help bring new kids into reading comics.

I kind of doubt that she will get a new solo right on the heels of the other one, but with the rumored Young Avengers relaunch, i mean it's possible she may find a home there. She's quite a bit younger than the other characters that are likely attached to it though.
    Last edited by Raye; 09-28-2019 at 09:11 PM.

Astonishing Member

In current mu publishing model that's an outstanding success

No dought she will return likely in a team book I feel

Yeah, probably Fantastic Four, considering she lives on Yancy Street. She's already been used in their War of the Realms tie-in.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman