View Poll Results: Who has the best chance of a successful on-going solo series post-SECRET WARS

Voters
183. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

2 1.09%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

2 1.09%
  • ICEMAN [Robert ‘Bobby’ Drake]

34 18.58%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

7 3.83%
  • KAROLINA DEAN / LIGHTSPEED [Julie Powers]

7 3.83%
  • LIVING LIGHTNING [Miguel Santos]

2 1.09%
  • THE 'MIGHTY' DESTROYER [Roger Aubrey]

2 1.09%
  • MISS AMERICA CHAVEZ

60 32.79%
  • MORPH [Benjamin Deeds]

0 0%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

20 10.93%
  • POD [Aikku Jokinen]

3 1.64%
  • RAWHIDE KID [Johnny Clay]

3 1.64%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan] / HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

36 19.67%
  • OR… resurrect FREEDOM RING [Curtis Doyle] and give it to him

1 0.55%
  • OR… out MONICA RAMBEAU and give it to her

4 2.19%
Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Question Which gay or lesbian character should get a solo on-going post-SECRET WARS?

Marvel has NEVER had a gay on-going solo series.
    Marvel has NEVER had a lesbian on-going solo.
    It's both laughable and absurd, especially considering it's 2015. With so much promotion of diversity, surely they aren't going to ignore this very obvious failure when it comes to minority representation (esp. when DC is producing Batwoman and Midnighter as on-going solo stars). So I created a poll to ask: who would be the best on-going gay or lesbian solo star? Now of course I'm limited to 15 spaces, so I couldn't include everyone. I couldn't decide about including Wiccan/Hulkling separate or together. I decided together, because whether it's a Wiccan solo series or a Hulkling solo series; it will include the other as a major supporting cast member.

Apologies if I left out your favourite.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

I like Karma, Northstar and Morph but LOLOL not happening.

I would so read a Miss America Chavez solo tbh.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

I'd love to see a Wiccan/Hulkling series and a team of young X-Men led by Anole but I think Miss America has the best chance of having her own series, and isn't there a rumour that she is going to get her own series?

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I guess Iceman would have the most chance for success? He'd probably draw readers from a bigger pool of people than the rest. Long time Bobby fans, X fans, people interested in the latest development, people backing diversity....

I reckon Wiccan/Hulk would basically do YA numbers but even less as you would lose the people reading for Hawkeye, Loki etc.

The one I'd most like to see, and therefore less likely to happen, is Cullen Bloodstone. He's an absolute gem of a character.

Invincible Member

I voted for Northstar, but I think Billy and Teddy would probably sell better. Miss America could be fun but only under a particularly clever writer.

I picked Iceman but I don't want it to be a solo, per say. I'd rather the book be called "Icemen" and have young Bobby and adult Bobby being themselves and working out their differences while going on adventures.

I'm actually looking forward to their conversation in UXM #600, so long as it's written with respect to both characters.
    Last edited by cc008; 06-09-2015 at 04:59 AM.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post

The one I'd most like to see, and therefore less likely to happen, is Cullen Bloodstone. He's an absolute gem of a character.
    Yeah, I'd love to see more of Cullen too. Personally I'd love to see Cullen become a morally-dubious anti-hero type of character, almost like a young, gay version of the Punisher.

For real? Choose ONE?

EDIT: What? No Phyla Vell/Moondragon option?
    Last edited by Songbird/Diamondback; 06-09-2015 at 04:42 AM.

I think Ms. America has more chances to have a solo series, but I would prefer just a bit more one about Billy and Teddy, specially because the whole "demiurge" thing and magic stuff, I was curious about it during Young Avengers, and I´m still curious now

BANNED

Confused....did I miss somewhere that Monica was gay/bi? Or is she the new "let's make this character gay" push

Anyway only character I would be interested in reading about for a solo is Miss America on the list. Dependingnon the writer I would also read a Mystique book but again not on the list. The rest I find somewhat boring and/or haven't had enough exposure in a team setting to push me to buy the title.

Fantastic Member

Had to divide this into two responses:

Ones I would WANT to read: A Wiccan/Hulkling duo book or a Bloodstones siblings book (much as I like Cullen, there is no way he can carry a solo).

One that is most LIKELY to happen: A Miss America solo book. Which is fine, I just don't get the appeal of the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of DC View Post
    Had to divide this into two responses:

Ones I would WANT to read: A Wiccan/Hulkling duo book or a Bloodstones siblings book (much as I like Cullen, there is no way he can carry a solo).

One that is most LIKELY to happen: A Miss America solo book. Which is fine, I just don't get the appeal of the character.
    I'm a little annoyed at how much people are rallying behind Chavez when she's pretty much "More angry Carol Danvers". Billy and Hulkling deserve a shot at an ongoing, but it's like the fanbase forgot about them for Chavez's bombastic character.

Also, anyone find it funny that Marvel seems to be pushing more and more Supermen type characters? Blue Marvel, Hyperion, Carol Danvers, Chavez...it feels like they are going all out for the super strength flyers.

Miss America for sure, she's really cool and it looks like she's getting a lot of exposure in Secret Wars with titles like A-force and Siege.

I'd be ok with 05 Iceman but I feel he's better as the comic relief of the All-new X-men, he's really funny with interacting with the other members of his team.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Reboot the Incredible Herc, and bring Cho with him. Having him hang out in a bar in Brooklyn was an awful idea.