View Poll Results: Who has the best chance of a successful on-going solo series post-SECRET WARS

Voters
183. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

2 1.09%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

2 1.09%
  • ICEMAN [Robert ‘Bobby’ Drake]

34 18.58%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

7 3.83%
  • KAROLINA DEAN / LIGHTSPEED [Julie Powers]

7 3.83%
  • LIVING LIGHTNING [Miguel Santos]

2 1.09%
  • THE 'MIGHTY' DESTROYER [Roger Aubrey]

2 1.09%
  • MISS AMERICA CHAVEZ

60 32.79%
  • MORPH [Benjamin Deeds]

0 0%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

20 10.93%
  • POD [Aikku Jokinen]

3 1.64%
  • RAWHIDE KID [Johnny Clay]

3 1.64%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan] / HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

36 19.67%
  • OR… resurrect FREEDOM RING [Curtis Doyle] and give it to him

1 0.55%
  • OR… out MONICA RAMBEAU and give it to her

4 2.19%
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Jackie, from Captain Marvel.

Because Jackie is awesomer than any other option.

But, voted for Bling, 'cause that ain't happening either, but she needs some show of support.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

I would read the hell out of a Wiccan book. I wonder what heinberg is up to these days?

Living lightning would also be intriguing but I'm not sure a lot of people know who he is anymore. It would be fun for him to play a larger role in the new universe finally adding up to a solo

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Billy & Teddy, Bobby or America.

They're the strongest options and I'd buy any or all of those solo titles.

I would buy an America book I'm more interested in a runaways/power pack book for me that way you could explore the relationship and involve their families.
    Truth is the best policy

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Living lightning would also be intriguing but I'm not sure a lot of people know who he is anymore. It would be fun for him to play a larger role in the new universe finally adding up to a solo
    I love Miguel, but at this point I'd consider it a massive accomplishment if he's back serving on the Avengers and not being relegated to cameos in satellite books like Scarlet Spider or Avengers: the Initiative (good though those books were) every few years.

None of the above...I really don't see them as carrying a solo title...

1602 Witch Hunter Angela had a great first issue with a Xena Gabrielle romance at it's heart.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Marvel has NEVER had a gay on-going solo series.
    Marvel has NEVER had a lesbian on-going solo.
    It's both laughable and absurd, especially considering it's 2015. With so much promotion of diversity, surely they aren't going to ignore this very obvious failure when it comes to minority representation (esp. when DC is producing Batwoman and Midnighter as on-going solo stars). So I created a poll to ask: who would be the best on-going gay or lesbian solo star? Now of course I'm limited to 15 spaces, so I couldn't include everyone. I couldn't decide about including Wiccan/Hulkling separate or together. I decided together, because whether it's a Wiccan solo series or a Hulkling solo series; it will include the other as a major supporting cast member.

Apologies if I left out your favourite.
    The counterparts of 616 Carol Danvers and 616 Jessica Drew are to me, a marvelous couple who not only get to star in their own solo series but frequently cross over.
    Fingers crossed the counterparts of 616 Carol Danvers and 616 Jessica Drew post SW are from the domain Arcadia.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Ms America will likely be the one who gets one. And I will buy it.

Wiccan and Hulkling and the ones I would prefer to read (as a gay male, I would identify more with them than a kick ass lesbian Latina, however great she is) and hold out hope they could get one as well, or at least get to be somewhere.

Bobby is the one I think will get one eventually, but not right away, and not until the old young X-Men are sent back (ie, adult Bobby will get the series, not the teen), exploring how he comes to terms with being gay.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

A beautiful comic that lasts less than six issues is still a beautiful comic.

Unstable Molecules, where the Namor riff hits on Sue and makes moves on her little brother more successfully, is one of the finest comics Marvel has published in my lifetime. It's just four issues. It's unlikely the "promised" followup minis were ever going to happen as anything except part of the story in those four issues.

I've never seen what's so special about being an ongoing, especially if it's an ongoing with large gaps in quality here and there.

I'd rather a quality comic of whatever length. New characters are probably reliant on trade sales more than single issue, anyway, since the single issue crowd seem to be increasingly buying what they traditionally buy.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

POD! =D

She's actually a character with a tremendous potential - not only is she one of the few lesbian characters, she's also, as far as I know, the only Norwegian-Finnish character marvel HAS! 0_o

That could give some fairly unique voice and experiences in comics, something I've never seen before, at least not in AMERICAN comics.

Plus, her powers are really cool... symbiotic techno-organic adaptive global defense-system! Her armour is so damn powerful, that she took out the whole damn TEAM of the Avengers! : O

She beat the combined powers of Captain America (Steve Rogers), Hulk (Bruce Banner), Manifold (Eden Fesi) ,Hyperion (Mark Milton) ,Hawkeye (Clint Barton) ,Black Widow (Natasha Romanova), Sunspot (Bobby da Costa), Cannonball (Sam Guthrie), Spider-Man (Otto Octavius/"Peter Parker"), Wolverine (Logan), Shang-Chi, and Thor!

That's one hell of a team... the only way they won was by banishing her to a dimensional void - that's some Destroyer-armour-level good-ness!

Now that I think about it... much like many of Hickman's other characters, she's actually one of the most powerful ones that Marvel has created in DECADES...

Could be interesting, no?

I'm not one to be particularly interested in the relationship aspect of characters, but the ones I would read (I can't follow rules) would be:

Miss America Chavez
    Hulkling (by himself. Not to say Wiccan couldn't be involved. He should have a cosmic adventure)
    Xavin (if He/She ever returns. I'm a fan of the super-skrull)
    Prodigy

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    A beautiful comic that lasts less than six issues is still a beautiful comic.

Unstable Molecules, where the Namor riff hits on Sue and makes moves on her little brother more successfully, is one of the finest comics Marvel has published in my lifetime. It's just four issues. It's unlikely the "promised" followup minis were ever going to happen as anything except part of the story in those four issues.

I've never seen what's so special about being an ongoing, especially if it's an ongoing with large gaps in quality here and there.

I'd rather a quality comic of whatever length. New characters are probably reliant on trade sales more than single issue, anyway, since the single issue crowd seem to be increasingly buying what they traditionally buy.
    Exactly. When most truly good Marvel and DC comics last two years or less anyway, what is this obession with a book lasting forever, especially when you know that quality is going to wax and wane with every creative team change? I can understand it if you work for Marvel and need to look at the financial bottom line, but as a fan, I don't get it. I'd rather have six great issues than something mediocre that runs forever.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I think a Wiccan book would be a nice move. I also would like to see a Limited Series starring Mystique highlighting her past relationship with Destiny.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Rawhide Kid by Zimmerman is one of my favorite characters, but I would also be interested in reading about Bling