Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jim kelly View Post
    my eyes!!!! My eyes!!!!!!!!!!!

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Sansomon View Post
    Wonder Woman Martial Arts
    Diana wore a different outfit in every issue. You might have some disagreement with Mike Sekowsky and Dick Giordano's fashion choices--or you might want to take up your argument with the whole decade of the 1960s. But even if you look at the cover for 178, I'd say the other two outfits were not as sexy or as flattering to Diana's form. For decades, Diana Prince was trapped in a bland military outfit (although I would say the '40s uniforms were sharper) and the way WW was drawn in the old star-spangles was not that attractive, either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Diana wore a different outfit in every issue. You might have some disagreement with Mike Sekowsky and Dick Giordano's fashion choices--or you might want to take up your argument with the whole decade of the 1960s. But even if you look at the cover for 178, I'd say the other two outfits were not as sexy or as flattering to Diana's form. For decades, Diana Prince was trapped in a bland military outfit (although I would say the '40s uniforms were sharper) and the way WW was drawn in the old star-spangles was not that attractive, either.

In the sixties gone Wonder Woman comics was very badly in sales; in other words the draw was larger than the record of DC today, which was very weak at the time. So the publisher decided to do something drastic! They took everything that makes Wonder Woman, the Wonder Woman! Really all ... To the depths of Tartarus were sent her powers, her lasso of truth, her bracelets, her magical island, his supporting characters and his iconic uniform, replaced by a linen and "street" - and as if that was not enough lent the girl some new kung fu moves the best style Bruce Lee, now after all she was a super spy or anything like that. Diana even had a Chinese master who taught him the way of the warrior! How wonderful, right?

This visual throws away everything that made her the iconic female representation of most recognized heroine of the planet. In other words it was an epic idiocy, even though she really cool that cover struggling with Catwoman (the one with a tail ...). But in the early seventies, thanks to the mobilization of fans (such that today the harass until they take off the pants of the heroine in the new uniform created by Jim Lee) Wonder Woman returned to his swimsuit starring classic bath. Many hate the look of the nineties in which she wore a uniform that looked bike-cross clothes and wig? Yeah, but somehow she still remained recognizable at that time.
    Last edited by Sansomon; 06-15-2015 at 12:20 PM.

BANNED

Zan and Jayna The Wonder Twins

Bulletman and Bulletgirl

Fate (Jared Stevens)

Spectacular Member Carmen_Rider's Avatar

Where is Arm-Fall-Off Boy? hehehe

BANNED

Wildcat (Ted Grant)

Although I adore the comic of the Justice Society and like a lot of Ted Grant, the Wildcat. The truth must be told, Ted what you had in mind when he decided to wear this THING? My God, it seems one of these plush costumes that some guys dress to announce special sales promotions in front of toy store. Imagine a guy dressed in Garfield, Pink Panther or Mickey Mouse running around to face the bad guys. Of course, nobody would respect the said, hero, the worst is that the Wildcat's just a former heavyweight boxer who has no powers. How is he still alive today? After all if I were Darkseid, only of anger, threw the omega effect him first. Or, the guy is better than Batman or have a secret power that nobody knows: Lucky, very lucky.

I doubt, but I doubt even that someone would come to fight against the crime, dressed in stuffed animal, much as the designers put in threatening poses, simply unconvincing. Poor Ted lacked only use slippers.

B'wana Beast

When I see the B'wana Beast I wonder what the rays the DC was thinking when he created this character. It seems to me a mixture of Mexican luchador with indigenous, which is not a good thing. It goes without saying that this thong made of the remains of the Wally's clothes mixed with that horrible mask Mexican luchador result in the worst uniforms ever created by DC, right?

Superman electric

"Hey guys !!! How about we take the most famous super hero in the world, took he all that makes he the most iconic symbol and recognizable around the globe, and instead put he into a uniform one-piece, light blue and white. Ah! Nothing cape too! And we will give he ridiculous electrical power, just like a generic version second villain of Spider-Man, the Electro; any objection ??? "
    Last edited by Sansomon; 06-15-2015 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    OH JEEZ I don't know how I missed that.

Zan and Jayna The Wonder Twins

You can't invoke the Super friends and not mention the costumes of the Three Pantless Amigos!
    The Wonder Twins costumes were actually good by comparison.

Dorado thankfully got pants, ...but no shirt!
    I guess when it came time to dress the minori-team, they had to show plenty of skin! You know so the kids would instantly recognise what "tribe" they were from, incase the accents weren't thick enough. LOL!
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-15-2015 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I'd actually kind of like to see a New52 reboot of the Red Bee. Maybe give him a device that let's him summon bees the way Batman summoned bats in Year One and Begins. Give him a leather/metal one piece armor. Ditch the stripes.
    like that one ?

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Vortex looks like he's from a sci-fi adult film...
    Or a 1974 science fiction movie directed by John Boorman and staring Sean Connery

Last edited by Güicho; 06-15-2015 at 01:06 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Or a 1974 science fiction movie directed by John Boorman and staring Sean Connery
    Zardoz . That alias is one of the worst stories I've ever seen using the theme "Eros and Thanatos" of psychology. Mainly because of them stipulate that "the meaning of life is death". As rays, convinced Sean Connery to pay the shame of going out dressed like that?
    Last edited by Sansomon; 06-15-2015 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I am forgiving of golden age costumes. They reflect an aesthetic of a bygone age.
    I agree wholeheartedly, and actually prefer several golden age designs to their modern counterparts, especially to some of the horrid 90s "eXtreme" redesigns.

That said, there is no excuse for the Red Bee.
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-15-2015 at 01:58 PM.

BANNED

Dynamo-Boy

Fortress Lad

Brainiac ( Silver Age Super Friends design)

Last edited by Sansomon; 06-15-2015 at 02:27 PM.

That embarrassingly was pretty much his comics design, can't blame Superfriends for that one LOL!
    Except for their own kooky creations, I think they stayed pretty much on model.
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-15-2015 at 04:30 PM.

Dynamo-Boy

Fortress Lad

Nah man. That the sexualized Brainiac