Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sansomon View Post
    Wildcat (Ted Grant)

Superman electric

"Hey guys !!! How about we take the most famous super hero in the world, took he all that makes he the most iconic symbol and recognizable around the globe, and instead put he into a uniform one-piece, light blue and white. Ah! Nothing cape too! And we will give he ridiculous electrical power, just like a generic version second villain of Spider-Man, the Electro; any objection ??? "
    I disagree only in so far as I think the costume itself wasn't so bad, but not for Superman. If it was just for some over Electric dude it wouldn't be so bad. Certainly not compared to some of the others on this list.

Retired

I get the feeling that I could pick any costume totally at random and a certain poster would pick that as the "worst character costumes/designs ever." Beyond simply posting the images--I would like an explanation why that costume/design is the worst when compared against all the other costumes/designs ever seen.

BANNED

Gypsy

Case in point: Gypsy. Part of the underwhelming Justice League Detroit, it's hard to believe this would be a practical choice for crime-fighting. When you're battling Despero, you shouldn't have to worry about hot pavement, losing jewelry, or upskirts. But the worst design here is actually the belt. It just doesn't look like you can bend down without stabbing yourself with the buckle.

Harpis

They've got an ugly gargoyle woman, and they choose to "sexy her up" with a cleavaged bathing suit! I think I'm gonna be sick.

Harlequin

Worst female costume goes to Harlequin though. The male pattern baldness, the birthday hat, the rimless glasses, the frou-frou collar, the tutu, the Trickster's pants and the elven shoes combine in such a way as to make my eyes bleed.

http://siskoid.blogspot.com.br/2007/...ho-vol-10.html

Astonishing Member

They've got an ugly gargoyle woman, and they choose to "sexy her up" with a cleavaged bathing suit! I think I'm gonna be sick.

Harlequin

Worst female costume goes to Harlequin though. The male pattern baldness, the birthday hat, the rimless glasses, the frou-frou collar, the tutu, the Trickster's pants and the elven shoes combine in such a way as to make my eyes bleed.

This costume was created in the 1940s...just like Wonder Woman's. Althought I am more fond of Molly's outfit, neither her nor WW's costumes has withstood the passage time. Let's accept they had a different aesthetic then.

As an aside, I am certain the "baldness" is just the artist's drawing style. I've seen other depictions of her with a full head of hair.

Astonishing Member

Black Condor (Richard Grey Jr.)

Is that really much worse than Hawkman?

As an aside, I always thought Black Condor would be a great name for Hawkman's counterpart in the Crime Syndicate.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by R0NIN View Post
    I disagree only in so far as I think the costume itself wasn't so bad, but not for Superman. If it was just for some over Electric dude it wouldn't be so bad. Certainly not compared to some of the others on this list.
    Agreed. I loved the looks of Blue & Red. They may not be Superman but they could be Strange Visitors.

BANNED

Black Condor (Richard Grey Jr.)

Orphan, grew up in Mongolia and was created by super intelligent condors. Yes, that's right, condors. That's the sad life of Black Condor. And then he decided to go around flying with his incredible cover-jamb turtleneck and his band tucked in his underwear. Notice that, at least, he is happy ?
    Last edited by Sansomon; 06-17-2015 at 07:59 AM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joebleau View Post
    like that one ?

I didn't know they already did that!

Quote Originally Posted by dogwelder View Post
    Attachment 23487

The Beefeater.
    Gotto disagree. This is a great costume. Right down to the mask with the built-in moustache.

BANNED

Bat-girl (Bette Kane)

Last edited by Sansomon; 06-17-2015 at 09:56 AM.

Astonishing Member

Bat-girl (Bette Kane)

Yeah, this is special.

She was a distaff counterpart to Robin the Boy Wonder. Roberta the Girl Wonder had a better costume.

This could be the base for a new villainess's look maybe.

BANNED

Musashi (Cadre of the Immortal Member)

Druid (Cadre of the Immortal Member)

Osíris (Cadre of the Immortal Member)

Last edited by Sansomon; 06-17-2015 at 11:38 AM.

Harpis

Honestly, as a Gargoyle, she probably shouldn't have clothes to begin with. So I don't really fault the designer for adding that bit of clothing. I don't think it was an attempt to sexy up the character. Probably more to do with throwing something on like a swimsuit to cover up a creature that would more likely be nude.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

BANNED

Overmaster

Shatterfist

Seneca

The biggest thing I'm reminded of is how terrible the Who's Who entries looked compared to the OHOTMUs.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com