Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold View Post
    Losh, they have the most stupid and corniest costumes.
    I loved the '70s Cockrum ones.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

Remember it took me forever to make my custom '80s Black Canary heroclix figure for my JLI team (not as long as Guy Gardner, but still). And yeah, awful costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold View Post
    Losh, they have the most stupid and corniest costumes.
    I really love the Legionnaries/Post Zero Hour unified redesigns. I think most of them are great. Of course, not all of them can be winners (I'm looking at you Leviathan).

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Yeah. IMHO, Cockrum was one of the best costume designers of the industry. EVER. (And in contrast with Leviathan, his Colossal Boy was awsome.)

Peace

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Most of the ones that Cockrum did were okay if not great--but there were a few that fans had designed which I didn't like (Saturn Girl's pink Las Vegas showgirl outift) and others designed by Grell later that were pretty silly--although the Karate Kid redesign was great.

WW's action outfit in the '90s was pretty cool I thought--since she wasn't really Wonder Woman at the time, so she couldn't wear the traditional outfit--and remember that was dental floss at the time, so Diana was actually covering up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Odd Man View Post
    Why is Jason still wearing the Batman symbol? Isn't the whole point of giving him his own book to move him out of Bruce's shadow?

Quote Originally Posted by call.me.kato View Post
    dc and marvel had some pretty spectacular fails through out its history. lets focus on DC though. this isn't meant to be a bashing thread just some fun and teasing. only rules i could think of for this thread is it has to be DC and it has to be terrible. feel free to put revamped costumes in here. wonder woman has a few terrible ones. ill start out with this awesome picture of Tyroc. plenty of old LOSH costumes can be put in this thread so I'm going with my favorite.
    Looks pretty good to me. I wouldn't mess with a guy willing to wear that outfit. He must be a badass

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    I absolutely love this costume. Favorite Superman costume and I'm not joking. The BC one that was posted earlier was pretty bad but I like it. The Zatanna one looks like a witch from another planet. The WW one I posted is that it is so wrong on so many levels. Like you think Diana would have watched 90210 for fashion tips instead or Seinfeld...you know not what's she wearing then again I haven't seen 90210, so eh. The Raven one is dark which is pretty neat but I can see why people dislike it.

Oh and then there's that yellow Zatanna costume with the little mini cape.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Most of the ones that Cockrum did were okay if not great--but there were a few that fans had designed which I didn't like (Saturn Girl's pink Las Vegas showgirl outift) and others designed by Grell later that were pretty silly--although the Karate Kid redesign was great.

WW's action outfit in the '90s was pretty cool I thought--since she wasn't really Wonder Woman at the time, so she couldn't wear the traditional outfit--and remember that was dental floss at the time, so Diana was actually covering up.
    Not sure what's the story with the KK costume, but he first showed up using it (as I recall) in Superboy #193, with art by Cockrum (the editor even goes as far as asking the readers what they thought of Karate Kid, Shrinking Violet, Chamaleon Boy and Duo Dasmel's new costumes), than went back to wearing his previous one up until Superboy and the LSH #209, with art by Grell, where the old one is trashed and he starts to definitely wear the new one. I've always assumed it was designed by Cockrum. Anybody knows anything different?

Peace

Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

Well, that...wow. I never thought you could ever so radically redesign Dr. Fate but, wow.

Quote Originally Posted by GDC3 View Post
    The 90a were a golden age for terrible costumes. They were EXTREME-ly bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, that...wow. I never thought you could ever so radically redesign Dr. Fate but, wow.
    Apologies for the assault on your eyes. While I did and still do like a fair amount of 90's comics, I can remember thinking even then 'what in the f is this hot garbage?' when I saw that. So of course, like the buy-everything-I-can fanboy I was back then, I scooped up issue 1. I still keep it in the house as a reminder of what not to buy, no matter how much I liked the previous version of a character.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com