Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    The problem with certain costumes is also the penciler. The style of penciler A is fit for the costume of character B, but horrible for character C. But the style of Penciler B is perfect for character C and hideous for character B.
    This is a great point. While Raven's current look is by no means a favorite, when Rocafort draws it it looks amazing.
    I've yet to see another artist make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by megaharrison View Post
    Wonder Woman's new bizarre "practical outfit" comes to mind.
    Which do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by ceroxide View Post
    really? You prefer Superman using nunchucks instead of his already incredible super powers?
    I guess it must be the shoulder pads rings, or the cheesy helmet, or I bet is the shades... or maybe the nunchucks :P I just can't that costume is awful
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    If memory serves, Superman was only a stand-in Gangbuster when the original was incapacitated and Supes was suferring from PTS amnesia. I liked the original Gangbuster, José Delgado. Maybe that's who Robotman is talking about.
    yeah i was talking about Jose Delgado. i dont even remember the storyline involving Supes becoming Gangbuster. Jose Delgado was pretty much if the teach Jaime Escalante was young, buff, and became a vigilante.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I think the Troia costume is kinda neat and LOVE the Raven costume. lol

Deathwing looks so 90s.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

What was this all about?

Adam_Cray_001.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    This is a great point. While Raven's current look is by no means a favorite, when Rocafort draws it it looks amazing.
    I've yet to see another artist make it work.
    When Rockafort couldn't make the red robin design work, it's a sure sign that it was a thumbs down.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    Deathwing looks so 90s.
    It has SPIKES! And also pouches.

Retired

Super-heroes were overworking the Thighmaster back in the '90s.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

I've always felt that the best costumes are the ones that are physical manifestations of some trait of the character. Batman's costume invokes fear Superman's invokes hope. You can tell the Flash is fast just by looking at his costume. To me the bad costumes are the ones that go against the entire point of the character. I like Wonder Woman but her costume makes no sense. She is a warrior princess from a secluded island nation. How does that translate to a beauty pageant swim suit? Most of the 90s redesigns of characters also had this problem. Perhaps the worse example of this are all the powergirl redesigns. Powergirl is a brash in your face character with a brash in your face costume to match, but every time they try and give her a new costume they give her the most bland unimaginative costume they can come with. Sure I understand some people don't like sexualized female costumes, but if your going to replace it please take the characters personality into consideration. Nothing about PG says she would wear a standard superhero costume, and nothing about her says she would want to be defined by the s shield (heck that goes against most of the stories told about her).

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    What was this all about?

Adam_Cray_001.jpg
    It's the replacement Atom that appeared during John Ostrander's run on Suicide Squad. The whole team had pretty much ditched their costumes at this point and were dressing in stylised military gear.

Not the greatest look for the Atom but it fit the nature of the stories at the time.

Here's some old shool shockers:

Kite Man

Knodar

Crazy Quilt

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    The problem with certain costumes is also the penciler. The style of penciler A is fit for the costume of character B, but horrible for character C. But the style of Penciler B is perfect for character C and hideous for character B.
    Definitely agree. I think the Batman Beyond costume always looks horrible outside of Bruce Timm's style.

Kid Flash - The 1st costume - It doens't look right
    Oh man Super Bulked up Mulletwing & Huntress looked so bad

Yeah....

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GDC3 View Post
    I figured someone would post this by now. Worse than his bowl haircut and leather jacket with the giant G look, Guy Gardner Warrior. Attachment 23244

I feel like the dialogue should be changed to say something like: "Hulk Hoooooogan. Do you understand the destructive destroyerness that is the way and path of destrucicity?! Hulk Hoooogan. The time of the Waaaarior is coming." Or something like that.
    Yeah, that was straight out of the WWF. Seriously idiotic. I was glad when Geoff Johns got rid of that Vuldarian bullshit and put Guy back in his GL togs.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Kid Flash - The 1st costume - It doens't look right
    Oh man Super Bulked up Mulletwing & Huntress looked so bad

Yeah....
    Huh? The first costume was simply Barry's costume, but a bit smaller to fit Wallly. The second costume--the yellow and red one--is one of my favourite super-hero costumes of all time.

Just about all of the outfits Supergirl tried on in the early '70s were suggestions sent in by readers. It was a pretty cool idea--I never understood why a hero has to wear the same exact costume every single day, can't they change it up for the sake of variety? But those reader suggestions show that us hoi poloi are no better at designing costumes than the actual paid artists.